Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by sylau90 View Post
    Lol,sorry...I reply to the wrong user.Should be jvdbosc...Anyway,thanks for your information.So,now you just can install free programs?finger crossed...hope that HP Palm can release some desktop clients like Itunes or Zune...so that we can install and buy apps through desktop.
    It's certainly way overdue for them to sort out App Catalog access for people in non-official countries.
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Thats true...actually I think the problem is not with the device(form factor,processor&...). is the market size...lets see what HP brings to us when CES 2011 january and mobile world congress february 2011...
    Quote Originally Posted by jvdbosc View Post
    Good question, I'm pretty sure that I was able to setup my Visa account to pay for the apps, but will verify that.
    If you were able to use an Australian credit card to buy an application on a webOS device, then you have something that no other person over the last year has been able to achieve.

And believe me, I have studied and traced and reverse engineered the app catalog access problem, including shipping devices to Australia that were activated in Germany and activated in the US and activated in Australia - I have the complete set - and can assure you that what you are saying you have done is simply not possible.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Hi,Rod...just 1 simple question here. IF after CES,nothing has announce by HP Palm. is it possible for you to help me get a fully working Palm Pre 2?I'm at Brisbane.
  5.    #125  
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Hi,Rod...just 1 simple question here. IF after CES,nothing has announce by HP Palm. is it possible for you to help me get a fully working Palm Pre 2?I'm at Brisbane.
    Do you have AUD$1K to spend on it?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Is it an estimation?and includes everything?it is a bit more than what I budget(700-800).
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you were able to use an Australian credit card to buy an application on a webOS device, then you have something that no other person over the last year has been able to achieve.

And believe me, I have studied and traced and reverse engineered the app catalog access problem, including shipping devices to Australia that were activated in Germany and activated in the US and activated in Australia - I have the complete set - and can assure you that what you are saying you have done is simply not possible.

-- Rod
    I most likely would have used my Dutch Visa account, but again, I'd need to wait for my replacement Pre to arrive before I can give you the full details.
    Psion 5; 5MX; Tungsten T3; Pre (O2 DE); Pre Plus (Voda DE)
    I most likely would have used my Dutch Visa account, but again, I'd need to wait for my replacement Pre to arrive before I can give you the full details.
    If your device was first activated in Europe, and you are using a Dutch Visa account with a billing address in the EU, then you will indeed be able to get paid .eu app catalog access on that phone.

That scenario is similar to a European webOS owner travelling to Australia for a holiday, and being able to continue to enjoy paid .eu app catalog access during that period on their phone that they first activated in Europe.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod,

I almost settled on a new Pre+, but in hindsight, I'm very happy that I bought a used Pre+ which is guaranteed to have worked on the Vodafone (DE) network! ;-)

Johan.
    Psion 5; 5MX; Tungsten T3; Pre (O2 DE); Pre Plus (Voda DE)
    Thanks Rod,

I almost settled on a new Pre+, but in hindsight, I'm very happy that I bought a used Pre+ which is guaranteed to have worked on the Vodafone (DE) network! ;-)

Johan.
    where are you guys sourcing your used pre+ from ? i'm keen to get one but the only place in nz is expansys which i've heard people have had problems trying to activate the phone (since its new). i'd rather get one thats been activated, preferably in the uk or eu
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drmikenz View Post
    where are you guys sourcing your used pre+ from ? i'm keen to get one but the only place in nz is expansys which i've heard people have had problems trying to activate the phone (since its new). i'd rather get one thats been activated, preferably in the uk or eu
    Hi, drmikenz...

you maybe can get it from here...http://www.mobicity.com.au/palm-pre-plus.html

it is AT&T unlocked pre plus...but not sure the app catalog working or not...it is new device,not second hand anyway.

hope this help..
    Hi, drmikenz...

you maybe can get it from here...[url]http://m.forums.precentral.net/

it is AT&T unlocked pre plus...but not sure the app catalog working or not...it is new device,not second hand anyway.

hope this help..
    Note that one of those devices will only work for 3G speeds on Telstra NextG.

If it has been activated in the US when it was unlocked, you should be able to use a www.simon.com card to buy things.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Note that one of those devices will only work for 3G speeds on Telstra NextG.

If it has been activated in the US when it was unlocked, you should be able to use a Simon Malls - Shopping Malls, Mall Stores, Gift Cards card to buy things.

-- Rod
    thanks guys. my wifes parents live in germany so i'm going to try german ebay for a second hand one thats been activated over there
    Hi All,

Re-activation or edit profile?

1) I bought and activated an AT&T Palm Pre Plus in USA in July. Unlocked (via NextGen UK) to Telstra back in AU. It worked just beautifully! OTA updates, auto backup, and paid Apps (using US credit card) all wonderful.

2) Beloved Pre Plus destroyed in accident/fire.

3) Friend going to USA, so got him to go to AT&T store to buy another (and gave him my profile email and password so that new phone could be linked to previous account).

4) AT&T store person somehow activated phone, but when I check Palm Profile via website the IMEI is still for previous phone! So, no backups/updates/paid apps will be coming my way!

So - the 64-dollar question is: if I do a FULL ERASE, is the phone still 'activated', or is it literally back to 'new' status. If it's back to 'new' then I can mail phone back to the USA to be activated again - this time with the right (or at least a known) profile!

Any clues most welcome ...

Thanks, John
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    You can add me to the list of Aussie Pre owners (O2 De model).

Best thing I have bought is a touchstone
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by lavo96 View Post
    You can add me to the list of Aussie Pre owners (O2 De model).

Best thing I have bought is a touchstone
    Done.

Yes, finally got one myself recently. (just resolving the recycling gong problem at the moment.)
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Done.

Yes, finally got one myself recently. (just resolving the recycling gong problem at the moment.)
    Did you try Richard's mod, John?
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-solution.html
  20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Thanks. Yes, doing that. The spacer definitely works. I just need to establish what thickness that I should use before diving in behind the tape.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast