Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Very well,

Look OK? :3 I hope it's something as simple as this XD

--neg
    Bingo. Rotate 180 degrees.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Bingo. Rotate 180 degrees.

-- Rod
    Good pickup Rod. You really do have supernatural powers!
    Ahahahaha XD

I'm used to it being impossible to insert the SIM wrong, silly me. How did I not notice that the phone contacts weren't lining up with the SIM contacts?

...IT LIVES! huzzah! Thanks so much guise!

Now to install preware and have some fun...

--neg
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by neg2led View Post
    How did I not notice that the phone contacts weren't lining up with the SIM contacts?
    --neg
    Or diagram 2!

Welcome aboard and enjoy your Pre.
    shiny...functional...nice... I do believe I shall!

i'm loving that all the apps are cross-platform JARs i can run on anything :P

--neg
  7.    #107  
    shiny...functional...nice... I do believe I shall!

i'm loving that all the apps are cross-platform JARs i can run on anything :P

--neg
    Not really. The .jars are mostly utility type programs (eg webOS Quick Install or webOS Doctor) and mostly run on your PC and access the Pre by USB. Most of the webOS applications are a directory structure of HTML, Javascript, images etc packaged into an .ipk file for transfer to the Pre. And then there's PDK apps, but that's another story.
    I meant the utilities that i run on my computer - i'm aware of the webapp-but-not-webapp nature of most on-device apps, it's pretty neat - usually i have to spend ages switching from machine to machine to get at all the utilities i need to for mobile device 'hack'ing (insofar as it is on a Pre, which isn't very far), but I could do it all on my Mac for a change

--neg
  9.    #109  
    I meant the utilities that i run on my computer - i'm aware of the webapp-but-not-webapp nature of most on-device apps, it's pretty neat - usually i have to spend ages switching from machine to machine to get at all the utilities i need to for mobile device 'hack'ing (insofar as it is on a Pre, which isn't very far), but I could do it all on my Mac for a change

--neg
    Yes. It's a great user friendly environment. Hardly even qualifies as 'hacking', thanks to webOS Internals & Jason.
    Another Aus user here. have been using Palm Pre originally from O2 Germany for 6 months until my screen started ghosting itself. Now I'm waiting for a Pre Plus originally from Vodafone Germany, hopefully this software works as well as the O2 version did.

I'm running the phone off the Telstra 3G network, which was working fine with the O2 Pre.
    Last edited by jvdbosc; 10/28/2010 at 09:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jvdbosc View Post
    Another Aus user here. have been using Palm Pre originally from O2 Germany for 6 months until my screen started ghosting itself. Now I'm waiting for a Pre Plus originally from Vodafone Germany, hopefully this software works as well as the O2 version did.
    Hi,jvbosc..did you get your pre's app catalog fully-accessible in Australia?how do you bought it?I wish I could join the club..but the app catalog issue bother me.
    Hi sylau90,

I bought the phone of probably the most popular on-line auction site, and was able to fully access the (international) app catalog. Never had any issues downloading apps and any firmware update available for the German market were properly notified and installed just fine. I'm still a bit anxious that the Vodafone firmware will be slightly different, but will let you know as soon as I have had my hands on the Pre Plus, which should be any time soon now.
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Hi sylau90,

I bought the phone of probably the most popular on-line auction site, and was able to fully access the (international) app catalog. Never had any issues downloading apps and any firmware update available for the German market were properly notified and installed just fine. I'm still a bit anxious that the Vodafone firmware will be slightly different, but will let you know as soon as I have had my hands on the Pre Plus, which should be any time soon now.

Thanks mate...because I read through some thread in this site. Most of them said, if the phone not activate in the original country,then you can't fully access the app catalog and buy paid apps.how do you buy paid apps anyway?simon mall cards?
    Last edited by sylau90; 10/28/2010 at 10:03 PM.
    Hi sylau90,

What method of payment are you using for purchasing apps?

Or are referring to the much smaller subset of free app catalogue applications?

BTW, Vodaphone and O2 firmware is identical. See the WebOS Doctor Versions page on our wiki.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by sylau90 View Post
    Thanks mate...because I read through some thread in this site. Most of them said, if the phone not activate in the original country,then you can't fully access the app catalog and buy paid apps.how do you buy paid apps anyway?simon mall cards?
    Good question, I'm pretty sure that I was able to setup my Visa account to pay for the apps, but will verify that.
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Thanks...Hope you can clarify that.Then, I can have a better image about the app catalog issues. can't wait to buy a webOS device.
  17.    #117  
    Thanks...Hope you can clarify that.Then, I can have a better image about the app catalog issues. can't wait to buy a webOS device.
    If you have an EU Pre it looks like you need a credit card from one of the following countries
    Austria
    Belgium
    Germany
    Spain
    France
    UK
    Ireland
    Luxembourg
    Netherlands
    At least those are the options that my Spanish Pre (initially activated in Spain) shows.
    Last edited by johncc; 10/29/2010 at 01:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Ok,thanks...so,that means the pre you bought is comes with unlocked and activated...and you can just use an aussie credit card to the apps?can you provide the website,you bought your pre here or PM me?
  19.    #119  
    Ok,thanks...so,that means the pre you bought is comes with unlocked and activated...and you can just use an aussie credit card to the apps?can you provide the website,you bought your pre here or PM me?
    If that was in reply to my post, you have a few wrong assumptions. My Movistar Pre was unlocked and initally activated in Spain, but factory reset and sent to me to be reactived on my own Palm profile. Australia is not in the list of acceptable countries, so no I cannot use an Aussie credit card. I only have access to free programs. I bought it from P|C user Goma.
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    If that was in reply to my post, you have a few wrong assumptions. My Movistar Pre was unlocked and initally activated in Spain, but factory reset and sent to me to be reactived on my own Palm profile. Australia is not in the list of acceptable countries, so no I cannot use an Aussie credit card. I only have access to free programs. I bought it from P|C user Goma.
    Lol,sorry...I reply to the wrong user.Should be jvdbosc...Anyway,thanks for your information.So,now you just can install free programs?finger crossed...hope that HP Palm can release some desktop clients like Itunes or Zune...so that we can install and buy apps through desktop.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast