Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 160
  1. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #81  
    From what we know, fishiazza, it'd be because it's German. I don't think the app catalog really knows or cares where you actually are. For instance, if you were German, it wouldn't really block you just 'cause you were on holiday in australia, right?

    From what we've seen, the sprint firmware thing does work.

    Consider yourself lucky mate, we Movistar (spanish) pre users get about a dozen less apps than you. Just hold out till March, we'll be getting paid apps then, and it should steadily even out as more and more apps are distributed internationally.

    Oh! And Welcome! Are you in love with your Pre yet?
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  2. #82  
    Thanks bennish. Yes, I am in love with the pre already. I've used palmOS devices for 10 years or so, so was happy I can keep using some old apps with calssic. I also use Linux on my computers, so the Pre was a logical step for me.

    Thanks for the info, I'll wait for a month or so as you suggest and see how the app catalog goes.

    Are others also unable to access online help files?
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by fishiazza View Post
    Are others also unable to access online help files?
    To be honest I have never tried until today, but I get the "Failed to load the requested page" error. Is that what you get?

    I find Precentral more helpful than the usual documentation anyway.
    Apple iPhone (before it was a fashion accessory) -> Palm Pre (O2 UK) -> Palm Pre Plus (AT&T)
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by krsmith88 View Post
    I get the "Failed to load the requested page" error. Is that what you get?
    Yep.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by fishiazza View Post
    ...
    Are others also unable to access online help files?
    Haven't tried before, but I seem to have access to all except the App Catalog help files. Get not found for them.
  6. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #86  
    help files? Mate, they're like instructions. You only look at them as a very last resort - hence i've never noticed
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    help files? Mate, they're like instructions. You only look at them as a very last resort - hence i've never noticed
    Wow! You guys make me sound so anal!

    I usually find I pick up the odd gem from instructions, help files and the like.
  8. #88  
    I just bought an unlocked Palm Pre from UK and I am having problems getting past the "Create Palm Profile" screen.

    I entered my username, password, email etc. and an error msg shows no data connection found. I'm using TPG (which is using Optus network) so I tapped on Enter Phone Settings and changed the Internet APN to "internet" (without the quotes) and left Username and Password blank. from my research online, the above is the correct APN settings. However, an error msg appears "Invalid Internet APN Settings"

    I can see "TPG" on the top left corner of screen so that means I'm getting network signals.

    How did you all managed to get past the palm profile stage?
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by needprehelp9 View Post
    ... so I tapped on Enter Phone Settings and changed the Internet APN to "internet" (without the quotes) and left Username and Password blank. from my research online, the above is the correct APN settings. However, an error msg appears "Invalid Internet APN Settings"
    Two immediate things to try:
    1. Try using the "YesInternet" APN instead. This is what iPhones use.
    2. Try setting the data connection to 3G only (and make sure you have 3G reception). I've sometimes seen that error message when using 2G/GPRS.
  10. #90  
    Another one for the Aussie Pre crowd - I'm sitting here waiting for the FedEx guy to show up with my 850MHz Pre Plus
  11. #91  
    Hello all -

    Any thoughts on using an unlocked US AT&T Pre Plus in Australia with a pre-paid sim from Telstra/Vodafone/Virginmobile ? Got a friend heading to Australia for 6 weeks and he's currently on ATT.

    Will this work?

    Thanks...AD
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by andidendel View Post
    Hello all -

    Any thoughts on using an unlocked US AT&T Pre Plus in Australia with a pre-paid sim from Telstra/Vodafone/Virginmobile ? Got a friend heading to Australia for 6 weeks and he's currently on ATT.

    Will this work?

    Thanks...AD
    Should be no problems on Telstra. ( only one for 3G due frequency)
    Last edited by johncc; 09/27/2010 at 01:30 AM. Reason: more specific about 2G - 3G
  13. #93  
    Should work on GSM (not 3G) on any Australian carrier.

    -- Rod
  14. #94  
    Thanks all.
  15. #95  
    Tomorrow or thereabouts i ought to have my 900/2100 3G QWERTY Pre (non-plus) ^_^ (from expansys UK, AUS$350 inc shipping, crazy good) according to tracking...

    Am i the only one who finds it hilarious that WebOS is actually more open and modifiable than Android?

    --neg
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by neg2led View Post
    Tomorrow or thereabouts i ought to have my 900/2100 3G QWERTY Pre (non-plus) ^_^ (from expansys UK, AUS$350 inc shipping, crazy good) according to tracking...
    Welcome to the club! Make sure you visit http://install.preware.org/ first.

    Am i the only one who finds it hilarious that WebOS is actually more open and modifiable than Android?
    That's exactly the reason why I started WebOS Internals - I saw that fact on the very first day of the first webOS SDK release.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  17. #97  
    Argh. I've got the thing but it won't pick up the network, keeps saying Check SIM - SOS Only (Virgin Mobile SIM) - trying with an Everyday Mobile SIM now but they're both optus so i can't see why that would work when VMo doesn't, and I appear to have lost my Vodafone device...

    =\

    It's not giving me the green "enter unlock code" screen though...

    [edit]
    Ok, ***. I've tried Virgin, Everyday Mobile, straight Optus, Telstra. None of them give me anything but Check SIM - SOS only. What is this I don't even.
    [/edit]

    --neg
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by neg2led View Post
    Argh. I've got the thing but it won't pick up the network, keeps saying Check SIM - SOS Only (Virgin Mobile SIM) - trying with an Everyday Mobile SIM now but they're both optus so i can't see why that would work when VMo doesn't, and I appear to have lost my Vodafone device...

    =\

    It's not giving me the green "enter unlock code" screen though...

    [edit]
    Ok, ***. I've tried Virgin, Everyday Mobile, straight Optus, Telstra. None of them give me anything but Check SIM - SOS only. What is this I don't even.
    [/edit]

    --neg

    You're right. It should work. Are the SIMs that you are trying out of working connected phones? I thought that Expansys's were unlocked?
  19. #99  
    It said unlocked on the expansys page - Palm Pre WebOS Smartphone (Unlocked, QWERTY, 8GB) #PreEU - eXpansys UK

    it's a P100UEU, though oddly the serial number doesn't work on the WebOS doctor entry page...

    These SIMs are all pulled from functional devices.

    IMEI is 358129021553494-05 which shows unblocked on AMTA.

    I don't get it D:

    --neg
  20. #100  
    Post a shot of the SIM card mounted in your device.

    -- Rod
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions