Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 160
  1. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #61  
    I'm just a minimalist. I'm sure rod's work is wonderful, but i like to run stock as much as possible, i just go very minimal with windows installations, smartphones etc.

    To me, the best thing about preware is that so many ppl can make homebrew apps that then graduate into catalog apps! that alone is worth it being around.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  2. #62  
    OK I have my pre :-) It's the ROW app catalogue. (Spanish variant) started on monday at 188 apps now its 192?

    All I have installed is the palm hotspot app. Seems to work without all the other stuff the cdma guys have to do.

    Steep learning curve!!!
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    OK I have my pre :-) It's the ROW app catalogue. (Spanish variant) started on monday at 188 apps now its 192?

    All I have installed is the palm hotspot app. Seems to work without all the other stuff the cdma guys have to do.

    Steep learning curve!!!
    Congrats! Enjoy!
  4. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #64  
    great dbmgreen! how u liking it?

    so the hotspot thing, that's preware right?
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Are they used on the same phone? If so, what are the Catalog differences?
    yeah same phone(pre) i didn't see any difference, the only thing was the palm profile page on the net where it goes to a uk or us website.
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by boyblueeye View Post
    yeah same phone(pre) i didn't see any difference, the only thing was the palm profile page on the net where it goes to a uk or us website.
    Interesting. How do you organise 2 profiles from the one Pre?
  7. #67  
    well you can only use one at a time and really ended up with 2 because when i frist dr'ed my phone there was no gsm option so i installed sprint frimware and when i went to sign into my profile i couldnt saying "no such user"( that was my o2 uk profile ) so made a new profile (which turned out to be a Us one and only found when i had to confrim my profile which took me the us palm site).
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    great dbmgreen! how u liking it?

    so the hotspot thing, that's preware right?
    It's interesting :-) I think I will get used to it :-)

    Hotspot is palms hotspot from the verizon pre. It was on the app store for a moment or 2 :-)

    Install with the preware app though.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by boyblueeye View Post
    well you can only use one at a time and really ended up with 2 because when i frist dr'ed my phone there was no gsm option so i installed sprint frimware and when i went to sign into my profile i couldnt saying "no such user"( that was my o2 uk profile ) so made a new profile (which turned out to be a Us one and only found when i had to confrim my profile which took me the us palm site).
    So it looks like the determinant is the firmware rather than the hardware. It would be too simple if it were just the App Catalog program.
  10. kiwiterry's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #70  
    Thanks John, O2 DE (QWERTZ) Vodafone NZ, zero in the app catalogue
  11. #71  
    <<Thread Title Changed>>
    Just call me Berd.
  12. #72  
    FYI, I have a O2 DE QWERTZ on Telstra showing 260 apps.
  13. #73  
    I have a Movistar Pre on 3, also 260.

    Possibly worth noting that I did not need to edit any carrier settings, it just worked.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsharp View Post
    I have a Movistar Pre on 3, also 260.

    Possibly worth noting that I did not need to edit any carrier settings, it just worked.
    Yes. Mine too, but I thought that we had the same App Catalog counts. Mine is still at 223 not 260. Are you seeing what looks to be a Spanish Catalog?
  15. #75  
    John, you can update me, I'm Movistar PalmPre VodaAU 223apps
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

  16. #76  
    I cannot for the life of me figure out the mms? I have played around with the carrierDB file, and the manual settings, but to no avail? I have been using MMS on Voda with the 3GS?

    edit: Can receive but not send??
    Last edited by dbmgreen; 02/22/2010 at 10:12 PM.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    I cannot for the life of me figure out the mms? I have played around with the carrierDB file, and the manual settings, but to no avail? I have been using MMS on Voda with the 3GS?

    edit: Can receive but not send??
    There have been reports of problems to/from iPhones, but I thought that was US carrier related. I've got both ways.
  18. #78  
    I just received one from an eyephone, but have never been able to send to the iPhone
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Yes. Mine too, but I thought that we had the same App Catalog counts. Mine is still at 223 not 260. Are you seeing what looks to be a Spanish Catalog?
    Oh, you're right. 223. I didn't actually check before I posted, my bad.
  20. #80  
    I'm new to precentral and the Palm Pre.
    Have had a German QWERTZ Pre for about a fortnight. Running on Vodafone. 3G works no problems with, not roaming.

    My big issue, and it seems to be for a lot of the rest of you as well, is the unavailability of apps for European Pres. I've just installed Preware and can see all the great apps that I can't get! Aargh!
    Also, I am unable to access online help. It worked on day 1, but not since.

    Are these problems due to my Palm Profile showing my country as Australia, or because I have German firmware?
    Has anyone tried making a Palm Profile and selecting the USA as country or installing Sprint Firmware?
    Are there any other ways around this issue?

    My German (it seems) European App Catalog has 255 apps.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions