Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Yes, Goma is having problems with unlocking as I sent my pre back to him from Melbourne because of a blown external speaker and apparently when they are sent back to palm for repairs they are locked again and the unlock code wont work anymore. He is now waiting for some new unlocked pre's so he can send me a new one. I am going crazy without my pre, only had it for around 3 weeks and miss it heaps, it worked great with vodafone inlcuding 3G, MMS, emails, wifi. no problems at all. Also Goma is great to deal with, he is very helpful and I would recommend anyone who wants a pre and lives in Australia to go through him.
    The new/repaired phone would have been a refurb. ie: locked and would have a different esn.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    QWERTZ O2 on Optus and having returned from overseas on Monday, I've just started to use it.

So far very impressed and if proper paid apps catalogue and QWERTY PRE PLUS becomes available, I'll upgrade.
    Mine is on its way :-) Yay!!

Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Not sure how quick this is going to be, I think Goma is having trouble with the unlock process :-(
    whoa, really? hope it works out the guy's singlehandedly supplying the world with gsm qwertys!
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    whoa, really? hope it works out the guy's singlehandedly supplying the world with gsm qwertys!
    I know, he didn't seem too happy, I asked about more unlocked PREs and he said not at the moment. I wish I could offer some assistance to him, but what would I offer.

I don't really get why one of the unlock companies hasn't come up with a solution?

Goma did mention that the unlock codes are time limited once generated?

Edit: Just saw this in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by goma View Post
    I'll have 5 unlocked qwerty gsm Pres this wednesday...
    Last edited by dbmgreen; 01/31/2010 at 06:01 PM.

hey everyone, just thought i would add some info.
    im on telstra, and cannot access the app catalog.
    shame about goma, i wish him the best and i hope he can overcome this problem.

-Ben
    He has got it sorted now! He has 5 unlocked pres for sale

o2 germany unlocked - three
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    167 here too, johncc - like i said, u may as well update mine at the same time as yours.

i'd be interested in knowing if calroth is at our number as well, and dbmgreen should be able to tell us once his arrives.

any updates on O2 DE or UK? Slimmo?
    As of now I'm at 206 Apps (O2 DE phone on Telstra AU).
    Cheers
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Please advise a relative newbie?

How do you know how many apps are available?
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by darrylp View Post
    Please advise a relative newbie?

How do you know how many apps are available?
    Under the recent and popular selections in the App Catalog you get the number in a dot in the title bar.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Thank you.
  14.    #34  
    For the moment I'll assume that Movistar phones see the number of applications that I do, and I'll put the number against the carrier. Let me know if I'm wrong.
  15.    #35  
    Thank you.
    How many do you have? 206?
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    How many do you have? 206?
    Unfortunately, I can only check and post in the morning and I'll definitely do so.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Couldn't wait so I went out to my car to get the Pre.

206 is the number and what I really miss after having changed from an iPhone are a good stock-exchange app (like Bloomberg), a good detailed weather app and a cities around the world time app.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    we're narrowing down what's happening with app catalog, i think. It seems definite that the country of manufacture has everything to do with it, and that the country of use/sim card/network has no effect at all.

To be honest I think this is great. It's the simplest deal, I'd hate to have to make sure i was on certain sim card, certain settings, etc.

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Couldn't wait so I went out to my car to get the Pre.

206 is the number and what I really miss after having changed from an iPhone are a good stock-exchange app (like Bloomberg), a good detailed weather app and a cities around the world time app.
    darrylp, there is accuweather... but as you may have noticed it's not all that 'accu'!

'bweather' is a FANTASTIC app that was available on the app catalog before the region differences came into effect. The developer assures me they're submitting it for international and it should be in there soon. keep an eye out for it, for the short while i had it it was quite accurate and very pretty!

Once we get to march or so, I think the app catalog differences between us and the u.s. should be a bit better, right?

p.s. it's not all that pretty, but i currently have 'news feed' installed, and an rss feed from weatherzone.com.au, it's freakishly accurate and detailed.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I'm hoping that March is the solution Bennish.

As I said in a previous post, what's the point in having a smart phone without apps?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast