Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    A video recorder is great and all but y the hell can i not do something as simple as ROTATING MY PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!

Also we need a way to create folders for my pics/videos on the device... that is all
    Quote Originally Posted by pmpdaddyt View Post
    ......... we need a way to create folders for my pics/videos on the device... that is all
    +1
    (I've been yappin' about this since June)
    (And yes, i know about Internalz, and i appreciate Jason's work... But it should've been native to the phone.)
    the man has a point. there is a homebrew app cant remember what its called but it is like filz for the treo line. dont remember if it can create folders or delete them...
    It's pretty easy to do those things in USB mode, but I guess if you don't have a PC it would be very frustrating.......
    Quote Originally Posted by vholif2137 View Post
    It's pretty easy to do those things in USB mode, but I guess if you don't have a PC it would be very frustrating.......
    The purpose of having a 'smartphone' is so you could do things w/o being tied to a PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    The purpose of having a 'smartphone' is so you could do things w/o being tied to a PC.
    I like to think of it as more of a mobile extension of your PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by vholif2137 View Post
    Having to hook up a cable just to manage files is such a pain in the rear. The less I need to wire my Pre the better.
    native file management and universal web downloading has been my #1 request since June..... Lets see if Palm pulls this off soon
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I'm sick of hearing..."I know there's a patch/homebrew out there for that, but Palm should do it already" that's why you have webos...for the dev community. Learn to accept that preware will give you things before Palm and even stuff Palm will never do. That's why it's there!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I agree that this should be done already. the sideways caller id pics are no good,lol
    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    I'm sick of hearing..."I know there's a patch/homebrew out there for that, but Palm should do it already" that's why you have webos...for the dev community. Learn to accept that preware will give you things before Palm and even stuff Palm will never do. That's why it's there!
    maybe...just maybe, because i dont like to have unofficial stuff or workarounds on my device, that makes it harder to keep up with the updates since patches tend to break other features (MyTether vs 3D games) or screw up the phone if you try to update the OS without removing them and such, i rather not go through "oh crap WebOS update, i gotta remove all my patches or something will go wrong.... oh man!! this patch wont remove, or this patch dont work no more after updating etc. etc. etc." I have mad respect to all the devs but sometimes its more work than its worth

homebrew on the other hand, i have no issues with since they are just apps
    Last edited by Mike20PR; 01/21/2010 at 08:26 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    maybe...just maybe, because i dont like to have unofficial stuff or workarounds on my device, that makes it harder to keep up with the updates since patches tend to break other features (MyTether vs 3D games) or screw up the phone if you try to update the OS without removing them and such, i rather not go through "oh crap WebOS update, i gotta remove all my patches or something will go wrong.... oh man!! this patch wont remove, or this patch dont work no more after updating etc. etc. etc." I have mad respect to all the devs but sometimes its more work than its worth

ditto this
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

I have trouble understanding this. Patches for me (especially from preware) have been amazingly simple and easy to apply and remove. Especially since the Emergency Patch Removal in preware, updating the OS is a breeze. When an update comes, I run EPR, Install the update, then take the 4 minutes to go through and reapply my patches. I've been patching ever since patching was available and I've never run into a problem, and now it's even easier than ever thanks to advances in WOQI and Preware. Removing and reapplying patches when an update rolls around is a 10 minute process tops. Just take your time and make sure you read up on what you're doing, dont miss out on all the great improvements patches make!

And yes, some kind of photo editing application, even a primitive one, would be a godsend for someone who takes tons of pics!! I send a lot of picture messages and also use facebook a lot on my phone and would love to be able to do quick edits on the fly (crop, rotate, brighten) nothing crazy, just the basics would be more than enough.
    maybe...just maybe, because i dont like to have unofficial stuff or workarounds on my device, that makes it harder to keep up with the updates since patches tend to break other features
    PreWare has a roadmap they've published that indicates they're going to address the need to remove patches very soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    PreWare has a roadmap they've published that indicates they're going to address the need to remove patches very soon.
    does it mention the next destination on that roadmap that people will complain about?
    If you want file management there's Internalz, but I can't think of any recent smart phone that natively allows file-management, or has plans to ever release a phone that does.

There might be some sense in organizing the photos into folders, but most other devices use virtual folders which don't really appear on the device.

As far as rotating pictures, there's video editing so I wouldn't put it past them including picture editing in 1.4 as well.

There is a metaphorical difference between a Computer an Mobile device (as well as physical) which pulls away everything a normal user does not need. This is typically because there is a limited amount of hardware, and it's not like you can just bring the a mobile device to a fix-it-shop on the corner and they'll make it brand new for you. If you really wanted features which belong on a computer get a computer, if you wanted to be mobile with those features get a laptop, none of which really fit the description of a Palm Pre I'm sorry to say.
    I put the pictuers i use for my computer desktop on my pre, but because of the resolution they only take of the full screen when rotated, the phone should be able to auto resize the picture to fill the screen :@
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    If you want file management there's Internalz, but I can't think of any recent smart phone that natively allows file-management, or has plans to ever release a phone that does.

There might be some sense in organizing the photos into folders, but most other devices use virtual folders which don't really appear on the device.

As far as rotating pictures, there's video editing so I wouldn't put it past them including picture editing in 1.4 as well.

There is a metaphorical difference between a Computer an Mobile device (as well as physical) which pulls away everything a normal user does not need. This is typically because there is a limited amount of hardware, and it's not like you can just bring the a mobile device to a fix-it-shop on the corner and they'll make it brand new for you. If you really wanted features which belong on a computer get a computer, if you wanted to be mobile with those features get a laptop, none of which really fit the description of a Palm Pre I'm sorry to say.
    hehe. Your response is too logical. Don't forget, the Pre or any smartphone should not only be a like a laptop but it should also be a video game console. I mean why do I need a video game console when I can game on a 3.1 to 3.8 inch screen instead of a 50in Panasonic Kuro or a 106 inch screen with 7.1 and Live. I mean.....really! I don't want to Modern Warfare 2 on the 106in while chilling on the chair and a half listening to music I'm streaming over the home network. I want to pay 6 or 10 dollars for a game so that I can play it on my smartphone while I'm home.

Ok my sacarasm is over. I'll play a cheap game on a smartphone if I'm waiting in the airport on my way to Africa or Asia but while I'm home or in Starbucks, uh....no.

And as you mentioned, photo editing could come along with the video recording and editing features in Feb.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    maybe...just maybe, because i dont like to have unofficial stuff or workarounds on my device,

Isn't this just a bit like saying you won't install Photoshop on your PC because it isn't part of Windows. All those editing features should be built into MSPaint.

There will always be features that aren't part of the OS and have to be added as an App, that's the whole point of a multipurpose computer (or smartphone in this case) as opposed to a dedicated wordprocessor/calculator/video recorder etc.

Looks like u bought into the wrong phone/platform. Pretty sure win mobile has decent file management but not sure about iphone or android. The point is that we have all purchased products in the past that don't do what we need it to do and have the option to return it for something that does. good luck with that.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast