Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    I took my Pre to a Sprint repair center today to get the power and volume button fixed. While they were successful at that, it seems like only the center buttons on my keyboard are now backlit. Can anyone tell me if that's a relatively easy fix? Or do you think its not worth taking it back to the repair center and risking further mistakes?
  2. #2  
    i'm assuming you dont have the insurance option..is that correct? cuz if u did i would take it back. not sure how easy of a fix it would be though, sorry. what they should do is just replace it for u.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by notalexrz View Post
    i'm assuming you dont have the insurance option..is that correct? cuz if u did i would take it back. not sure how easy of a fix it would be though, sorry. what they should do is just replace it for u.
    I don't have Sprint insurance but the phone has a 1-year warranty that Sprint honors.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
    I took my Pre to a Sprint repair center today to get the power and volume button fixed. While they were successful at that, it seems like only the center buttons on my keyboard are now backlit. Can anyone tell me if that's a relatively easy fix? Or do you think its not worth taking it back to the repair center and risking further mistakes?
    Two questions m8, did the keyboard backlights work before you took it in to get the power & volume buttons fixed???

    And did you notice them not working when you got it back for the repair tech???

    If they did(backlights)before you took it in, I would go back to that Sprint store and complain a bit.

    But... You may of had a better chance if you would have said something when you got it back.
  5. yoshk's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #5  
    I'd bet the light was out before you took it in and you just never noticed. The reason I say this is because replacing the volume and power switches does not require the phone to be disassembled. The new switches can just be popped into place. Regardless, the keyboard backlights are covered under warranty and they will give you a replacement unit.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    I'd bet the light was out before you took it in and you just never noticed. The reason I say this is because replacing the volume and power switches does not require the phone to be disassembled. The new switches can just be popped into place. Regardless, the keyboard backlights are covered under warranty and they will give you a replacement unit.
    I know what you're saying but I noticed the difference when I got it back. If it had always been like that, it would not have been so obvious to me right? Also, the keyboard feels a lot more stiff in the middle buttons and the button cover is slightly warped, as if it wasn't put back into place correctly. I think I'm going to take it back in...

Posting Permissions