Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I have about 15 .mp3s on the pre that I can play, but I can't delete. This is driving me crazy. When I hook up pre up to the computer via USB and try to find the files they are not there. I have searched the Music folder, and every other folder on the pre (including hidden folders) but these music files do not show up anywhere.

Meanwhile they are taking valuable space on my pre and I want to delete them. They only show up the pre's music application. I even tried using windows to search for the files by filename, still can't find em.
    not sure where they might be but try hooking the pre up in usb mode and from there go to the search function on your computer and select to run the search on your pre only...let the computer do the searching for you.
    if you sync your pre with itunes , you are not going to find them , if you use the usb drive t copy and paste , search like notalexrz said and search mp3 or wav files
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    That's exactly what I tried
    Are you sure they are not ringers?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    yep, I put the music files on there myself and I recognize all the filenames.
    I think the file names are the same if the ringer was made from the mp3 file. I would check your ringers just a hunch. Only other advice is to reset the phone.
    they have to be there somewhere...not sure why the computer search function wouldnt have found them. i had that problem with just one file a while back, i never tried the search function but i ended up doing a virus scan while in usb mode and it turned out that the mp3 i had looked for contained a trojan. not saying that this is the case but worth a try.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I have a similar problem. I thought I deleted the files, but the names keep appearing in the music play and Remix (when I select them nothing plays). I just want them gone, but I cannot locate them. This is driving me crazy. I have also tried a search in all folders (even hidden) and I cannot locate them.

Has anyone found a solution?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Unfortunately still haven't found a solution here.
    Quote Originally Posted by agent2099 View Post
    I have about 15 .mp3s on the pre that I can play, but I can't delete. This is driving me crazy. When I hook up pre up to the computer via USB and try to find the files they are not there. I have searched the Music folder, and every other folder on the pre (including hidden folders) but these music files do not show up anywhere.

Meanwhile they are taking valuable space on my pre and I want to delete them. They only show up the pre's music application. I even tried using windows to search for the files by filename, still can't find em.
    Call the Ghost Busters.
    Do you use a mac or PC?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    PC
    Hmm. I would suggest copying files you wish to keep then wiping the USB drive.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm figuring that's the only way. Only I don't want to wipe all of my text message history. :|
    have you tried searching thru the hidden folders?
    Did you download them via the Amazon app?
    Yeah, I'm figuring that's the only way. Only I don't want to wipe all of my text message history. :|
    Clearing out JUST the USB drive shouldn't kill your text messages. Only a doctor would do that.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Yes I have searched hidden folders. Originally, I copied the mp3s directly from my hard drive to the pre. No itunes or amazon mp3 involved.

Laelipoo, you have a point. But aren't there other valuable files on that drive? OS files and such...
    Yes I have searched hidden folders. Originally, I copied the mp3s directly from my hard drive to the pre. No itunes or amazon mp3 involved.

Laelipoo, you have a point. But aren't there other valuable files on that drive? OS files and such...
    The safest way is to do a full erase from the pre. It will safely wipe the USB drive, and restore system-critical files. I would suggest copying over the personal info you want to keep and doing that. If, when you copy those files back, the files show up AGAIN, now we know where they are.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast