1.    #1  
    Hi, I have a quick question. Does anyone know if there is a correlation between patches and decreased battery life? The reason I ask is because I finally installed some patches on the phone for the first time, and my battery life has gotten NOTICEABLY worse all of a sudden.

It's not my imagination, I'm sure. Before, I was able to go almost a full day without charging. However, I just took my phone off the charger about 30 minutes ago and went from 100% to 76% in that short amount of time. The only difference between when I was getting stellar battery life and now are the patches I've installed. Any input?

Thanks,

THAANSA3
    It might help to know which patches you've installed.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    It might help to know which patches you've installed.
    Okay, here goes:

-4x4 Launcher view (v.2)
    -Add a launcher page
    -Name a launcher page
    -Duration of call in call log
    -Character count (when texting)
    -LED Notifications
    -E-mail and Messaging landscape
    -Battery percentage

I believe that's all of them. I couldn't have missed more than one or two. I'll edit this post if I find that I've missed any.
    I have 26 patches on my Pre, no battery issues, I don't have these patches installed:

Duration of call in call log
    Character count (when texting)
    Name a launcher page
    4x4 Launcher view (v.2), I have 4x4 Launcher view (v.3)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I have 26 patches on my Pre, no battery issues, I don't have these patches installed:

Name a launcher page
    Thank you immensely, Netwrkr9. It's just so odd how the issue started so suddenly. I do have a somewhat unrelated question for you, however. The reason I'm running 4X4 Launcher v.2 is because I get an error every time I try to install v.3. Do you have any suggestions about possible fixes?
    I was originally running an earlier version of 4x4 launcher, I removed, reset luna, then installed (v.3) and did not get an error message. Have you tried updating recently because they are always updating the patches ofter OS update. If you have followed these steps, I don't have any more suggestions. Maybe someone with more experience with creating these patches can chime in with help.
    My suggestion would be to download the app Battery Monitor. Run it for a while with all the patches installed, then remove one, restart, and run it again. Do so until you notice the life go up, and then go from there.
  8.    #8  
    I was originally running an earlier version of 4x4 launcher, I removed, reset luna, then installed (v.3) and did not get an error message. Have you tried updating recently because they are always updating the patches ofter OS update. If you have followed these steps, I don't have any more suggestions. Maybe someone with more experience with creating these patches can chime in with help.
    Thank you again, Netwrkr9. I'll try to uninstall the previous version of 4x4.

Name a launcher page
    I have call duration, character counter, and 4x4v3, as well as a plethora of other patches, and i haven't noticed any difference between that state and running with no patches. Admittedly though, I have not really paid much attention, and I generally just blaze through battery no matter what the way I use my phone.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    I have call duration, character counter, and 4x4v3, as well as a plethora of other patches, and i haven't noticed any difference between that state and running with no patches. Admittedly though, I have not really paid much attention, and I generally just blaze through battery no matter what the way I use my phone.
    I hear you. I'll just keep monitoring things and see what happens.
    I know alot of people are leary of the dangerous SR 500 patch, but I have been using this patch since November with no problems (my Pre froze up on the SR 600 and 550 patches) and my Pre typically uses around 1 to 1.4% battery per hour when idle with the screen off.
    I ave most of the patches you have. And only recently since 1.3.5.1 the battery drains verys quickly. More so even the past few days. Since jan 19 or 20. I believe others have experienced this too. I turned of my gmail's email's "as items arrive" syncing. Battery is now back at 2% drain idel. Can anyone else test this and do you know why the gmail push is using up so much batt??
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I just ran webOS Doctor last Thursday in anticipation of 1.4 (figured I clean everything up). I have noticed a substantial increase in battery life. Sorry, I can't remember all of the patches I had installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    Thank you immensely, Netwrkr9. It's just so odd how the issue started so suddenly. I do have a somewhat unrelated question for you, however. The reason I'm running 4X4 Launcher v.2 is because I get an error every time I try to install v.3. Do you have any suggestions about possible fixes?
    I was unable to install v3 until I reinstalled version 1 and then uninstalled it (even though I had already uninstalled it). After I did that, I could use v3.