Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello. I'm hoping that someone can help me! I'm trying to copy some mp3s from my computer to my palm pre using the USB mode. I've even tried it with the Media Sync mode. When I click and drag or even copy and paste it tells me the disk is write protected to try another disk. HELP!!!!!!!
  2.    #3  
    still didn't work. It keeps saying "cannot copy "filename.mp3:" disk is write protected. Remove the write protection or use another disk."
    ok try this in usb mode left click on the disk drive,and click on eject.after ejecting it.remove the usb from the pc and put back in immediately,then try pasting a file,the first time again the error will come,but the second time u past the problem will be solved.
  4.    #5  
    SISGO; I attempted all of those just now also. Still the same error message. I'm afraid I may be doomed to Pandora and no fun ringtones
  5.    #6  
    I even tried syncing from Windows Media Player. No luck. It just tells me that it cannot find the files.
    what format are the music files?
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    what format are the music files?
    .... come on dude it says right there in the damn title MP3 ....
  8.    #9  
    They are MP3s :-) lol
    a lot of people call any music file an MP3.....like all tissue is Kleenex.........dude.
    a lot of people call any music file an MP3.....like all tissue is Kleenex.........dude.
    you are very correct
    This signature for rent
  11.    #12  
    <<quoted edited by Mod>>

LMAO yeah, some people do. This really is a .MP3 file though
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/09/2010 at 11:30 PM. Reason: removed rude quote
  12.    #13  
    Anyone?
  13.    #14  
    Hello. I'm hoping that someone can help me! I'm trying to copy some mp3s from my computer to my palm pre using the USB mode. I've even tried it with the Media Sync mode. When I click and drag or even copy and paste it tells me the disk is write protected to try another disk. HELP!!!!!!!
    what directory are you trying to put the file in?
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Hmm strange, have you tried in dev mode?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    is it only with mp3's? Maybe try a picture, I don't know if DRM could cause that.
    what directory are you trying to put the file in?
    Do you have an alternate computer you can try connecting to your Pre? Also, what OS are you running on the computer that is giving you issues?
    no need to start a new thread...

if you check your other thread youll see that someone asked if its only with music files or is it with pictures too?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast