Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53
  1. #21  
    I have never had a problem with putting mp3 files on the Pre. The only thing I can think is that they are DRM files. How did you obtain the files?
  2. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    what format are the music files?
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    .... come on dude it says right there in the damn title MP3 ....
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    a lot of people call any music file an MP3.....like all tissue is Kleenex.........dude.
    LOL to funny!!! But seeing as the Pre mounted in usb mode acts as a dumb storage device so it doesn't care if it is a .wma(mp3) or a real .mp3 any file should load onto the pre usb partition via usb mode if there is room.
  3. #23  
    having the same problem Cant copy any files to my Pre with USB mode turned on. Strange. Tried rebooting. Changing folder settings. No luck.

    Could it be my new USB cable?

    Folders all seem to be marked as read-only which suggests a software glitch.

    EDIT: I was able to transfer the file using th WOSQI "send file" command.

    Very strange. Hopefully someone will have a real fix.
    Last edited by swieder; 06/08/2010 at 04:09 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  4. #24  
    try zumo drive, it works for me 100% of the time, I've sync'd doc files, pdf, and mp3 format files
  5. #25  
    My mystery continues as I did some more testing.

    I was able to write a file to my Pre on a different computer. The problem continues on my work laptop. I tried a different USB cable which did not work. I tried a USB memory stick which did work.

    Why can I write to a USB memory stick but not my Pre in USB mode? I tried turning off the security agent running on my laptop which did not help.

    Any other suggestions to fix this problem?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  6. stockh's Avatar
    Posts
    401 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #26  
    can the files you copied on to the memory stick be viewed or copied on a non-work computer?
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    My mystery continues as I did some more testing.

    I was able to write a file to my Pre on a different computer. The problem continues on my work laptop. I tried a different USB cable which did not work. I tried a USB memory stick which did work.

    Why can I write to a USB memory stick but not my Pre in USB mode? I tried turning off the security agent running on my laptop which did not help.

    Any other suggestions to fix this problem?

    does your work computer have McAfee on it? if so check to see if the computer also has McAfee DLP Agent on the laptop. If it does have DLP Agent on it, then that is your problem. DLP Agent prevents users from doing certain action with usb drives.
  8. 473x15's Avatar
    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #28  
    your pre must be on dev mode here is how to get the dev mode. Slice it up and type upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart set it to yes and your pre will do an auto reboot, once is back use the usb cable and let it install the nova drivers which is auto after that just copy and paste the mp3 files into the download folder.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by 473x15 View Post
    your pre must be on dev mode here is how to get the dev mode. Slice it up and type upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart set it to yes and your pre will do an auto reboot, once is back use the usb cable and let it install the nova drivers which is auto after that just copy and paste the mp3 files into the download folder.
    I have never heard of having to install nova or be in dev mode to be able to access the usb mode. When did this come about or is it just on certain pcs?
  10. #30  
    @pip smith, 473x15 thinks that his devices has Dev Mode "ON", so you may need to turn it off.

    You can also type in "webos20090606" (of course, without the quotes) to show Developer Mode Enabler icon. (That is the date with Sprint Pre went on sale).
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    @pip smith, 473x15 thinks that his devices has Dev Mode "ON", so you may need to turn it off.

    You can also type in "webos20090606" (of course, without the quotes) to show Developer Mode Enabler icon. (That is the date with Sprint Pre went on sale).
    He says to turn dev mode on. But regardless usb mode works for both dev mode on and off, so I dont know why this would matter.

    And yes I know both codes for enabling dev mode and that 20090606 is the sprint pre launch day.
  12. Daemon's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    #32  
    If it works from one computer and not another, it's got to be a glitch on the computer
    side. Focus your energy there. It has nothing to do with dev mode. The Pre's
    USB view is always writeable.
    If you do a Google search for
    usb drive write protected
    you'll see it's a popular topic.
    The user "fatbird" in this thread appears to have one possible solution
    USB Flash Drive Write protection - TechSpot OpenBoards

    Or try the tools at
    Registry Hack to Disable Writing to USB Drives - How-To Geek

    ian
  13. Honis's Avatar
    Posts
    508 Posts
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    #33  
    Right click the drive.
    Click properties in the drop menu.
    Now click the security tab.

    Do you as a user have write permission?
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by victorkruger View Post
    does your work computer have McAfee on it? if so check to see if the computer also has McAfee DLP Agent on the laptop. If it does have DLP Agent on it, then that is your problem. DLP Agent prevents users from doing certain action with usb drives.
    I do have McAfee on my computer. Now that you mention it, that could be the problem. My laptop also have Credant Mobile Guardian. Strange to me that the memory stick works, but not the Pre in USB mode. Should the Pre looks like a memory stick to my laptop?

    Let me see if I can workaround the issue.

    thanks
    Last edited by swieder; 06/09/2010 at 02:11 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    Right click the drive.
    Click properties in the drop menu.
    Now click the security tab.

    Do you as a user have write permission?
    When I look at Properties of the Pre+ in USB mode (or a USB stick) there is not tab for Security! I see the tab if I do the same thing with my hard drive.

    What would keep my computer from showing a Security tab on USB drives?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  16. #36  
    Are you using a USB hub or plugging directly into a USB port on the PC ?
    I had problems using a hub in the past.
    Never had a problem when plugging directly into a PC USB port.
  17. #37  
    Are you using/or have you tried the official Palm cable?

    Nevermind, if you used webosqi the cable you used for that should work.
  18. #38  
    some companies disable write access to prevent copying stuff. Does a flash drive work? Has it ever worked?
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    some companies disable write access to prevent copying stuff. Does a flash drive work? Has it ever worked?
    A flash drive works fine. WebOSQI also works fine. I tried disabling enable simple file sharing, but that did not help. My cable is plugged directly into the laptop.

    I tried creating a shared folder for the Pre+ with full write privileges. No good.

    Do others see a Security Tab when their Pre is in USB mode?

    All the folders on my Pre+ are marked as READ-only! What do others see on the Pre?

    I was able to create a folder on the Pre+. It was created as Read-Only, but I could delete it. Seems like the privileges flags on Pre are bogus.
    Last edited by swieder; 06/09/2010 at 02:43 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  20. #40  
    so strange, idk man. Something is being quirky. What happens in safe mode?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions