Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I figured I would share my most recent experience because I always read horror stories about sprint customer service..

Sunday night I was driving home and I when I got out of the car and took my phone out of my pocket the touch screen had stopped working. I removed the battery to see if rebooting would help.. when it was restarting I noticed my screen was cracked. The crack was eminating from the center button and fanned outward. I didn't bump into anything or abuse the phone.. very mysterious.

I took it back to Sprint and they replaced it without question. They gave me a refurb.

I received my first call on the new phone and come to find out the microphone doesn't work. The person who called cannot hear me.

I take it back to sprint, a tech examines the phone for about 5 minutes. I was expecting them to swap it out with another refurb. Nope. They gave me a brand new phone with all of the accessories, plus my old battery! I didn't even ask for the battery. They just gave it to me.

Really happy with this service and I hope helps shed some positive light on Sprint.
    It IS nice to read positive customer service story because too often people only post the negative stories. I'm glad they took care of you and thanks for sharing.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    People don't typically go out of their way to say something nice, it usually takes prompting.
    I had a similar experience- Headphone jack was not working, brought it in and replaced with a new Pre!
    wow that was nice of them it's good to hear a good story every once in a while. ;-)

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    sweet is the built quiality any bettter on these newer pre's also can you hit ##786# and tell us when the phone was built, its at the buttom
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Great story! This has happened to me as well. Although instead of one brand new Pre, I've received 3!!

First was a similar story like yours. Original Pre had issues, swapped it out for a refurb. The refurb didn't work, they swapped it out with a new one. That one didn't work after a few weeks so they gave me another new one!

Three new Pre's and one refurbished one. And I was given the box and all each time! Talk about outstanding customer service!

I completely forgive issues with build quality and having to get replacements thanks to how hassle free and easy Sprint makes it to get your phone replaced.

Let's hope that VZW is this understand and cooperative when the Pre Plus makes it's way to their network. For the sake of all those new webOS users!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I took my phone in because I was having issues where the screen would activate without my hitting the power button or opening the slider, and because I had a similar type of crack as you, I was told they couldn't repair the phone since it had physical damage and that I needed to go through insurance. I tried to explain that it wasn't dropped, that there were issues similar to mine; but they wouldn't do anything about it.

I guess it is all about which store you bring it in to. It shouldn't be that way, but it is.

Maybe that could be a new app someone could develop. People could rate their service experience at various stores, and/or mention particular Sprint employee(s) who are helpful and knowledgeable, and maybe that would help others have a good experience.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Build quality is excellent. The phone feels slightly less flimsy than my original (purchased in September). There is also less oreo than my first one.. although it's still there if I force it (which I won't do more than once, haha)The warranty code is 12/22/09 so it's very recent.
    What land of wonder do you people live in? Because I would like to visit. I've heard of alternate universes, but these were just theories. Clearly, some of you have found a way to break through that barrier and find this 4th dimension of (air quote ")positive customer service at Sprint (/air quote"). Please share how you came to find this mystical land you speak of! I would like to believe.. I would like to believe [evil hysterical laugh]
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I bought a Pre third party from someone on this forum several months ago. At some point, roughly a month into ownership, the USB port stopped working. The Sprint store did not hesitate, they gave me a brand new phone in the box. Keep in mind, I bought this phone third party.

This phone has worked flawlessly since then, about 4 months now.

I will always be a Sprint customer and have never had anything but great experiences with them.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Which stores did you guys go to? I swear that certain stores are terrible and others are better. Any good sprint stores around Los Angeles?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I'm in the DC metro area so I cannot speak for the west coast.
    I have to admit I have been very pleasantly surprised by Sprint. I switched to Sprint in August and have called customer service a few times since. It seems that each time they have really gone far and beyond to keep me happy.
    I have been with sprint for ten years. I get nothing but great service from them. Not to mention their great pricing, I will never switch
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strohmeier View Post
    i had a similar experience- headphone jack was not working, brought it in and replaced with a new pre!
    same here!
    Due to the Touchstone charging issues described in other threads, I went to the Repair Center. They immediately gave me a refurb. Unfortunately this did not fix the issue. Its warranty date was 6/8/09. So they ordered me another refurb. But when I went into the store (where I have spent a fair amount of time recently, not just on replacement/repair issues, and have gotten to know the techs a little) they decided to give me a new phone instead. That was last night. Warranty date was 10/19/09. This morning I noticed a crack all the way through the plastic in the upper left corner, so I called and spoke to one of the techs. He said to come back in tonite and they would give me another brand new phone. Warranty date 12/22/09.

These guys have been great with me, going above and beyond to help solve my issue. They also speak patches and homebrew!!!! Off the record, of course. I have been with Sprint for nine years and have never had a bad CS experience either in a brick and mortar or over the phone.

Yes, the newer build-date Pres are much more solid, and the keyboard is much clickier, as well, with less of the tissue paper sound as I press the keys.

Thanks for such a positive thread!
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    NICE TO HEAR... if they, Sprint can keep a positive image and do more for their customers they would by pass some of the other carriers that have the "name" only becasue of their followers..... Keep it up Sprint!!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arnao05 View Post
    Build quality is excellent. The phone feels slightly less flimsy than my original (purchased in September). There is also less oreo than my first one.. although it's still there if I force it (which I won't do more than once, haha)The warranty code is 12/22/09 so it's very recent.
    How do you find warranty code on your phone ? I recently got my phone last week and want to know what is manufacturing date of my phone.
    thanks
    M
    Quote Originally Posted by mjoshi123 View Post
    How do you find warranty code on your phone ? I recently got my phone last week and want to know what is manufacturing date of my phone.
    thanks
    M
    Pull up the phone and type ##786#. It will list all sorts of stuff in addition to the warranty date.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"