1.    #1  
    I'm running Preware version 0.9.12. When I bring up Preware, I was expecting it to say update available, as I see in the forums that 0.9.16 is the current version. However, it does not show up in Package Updates. When I search for Preware using List of Everything, I find Preware, but it does not give me a button to update, only to launch or remove.

When I look at the Manage Feeds, I note that most of the feeds have an address, such as "ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/1.3.5.1" for the Webos-patches feed. My Webos-internals feed does not have an address - it just says "feed" underneath it. I think that when I run Update Feeds, that the Webos-internals feed gets skipped as it does not have a valid address to go to.

How do I easily get an updated version of Preware? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall using WebOS Quick Install?
    Mine upgraded just fine but one of my friend has the same problem as you ! I was thinking of removing preware and reinstalling it next time I see him. I now see over 1400 apps and he his stock around 300 !
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    I have this problem on my wife's Pixi. She's running 0.9.12 and it shows that it's current. I'm running 0.9.18 on my Pre, so I know better.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    the same thing happened to my pre... i was showing 09.12 yesterday and noticed there was a 09.18 out. No update icons to update, so i just uninstalled preware, then installed with webos quick install and now im up to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevanderson View Post
    I'm running Preware version 0.9.12. When I bring up Preware, I was expecting it to say update available, as I see in the forums that 0.9.16 is the current version. However, it does not show up in Package Updates. When I search for Preware using List of Everything, I find Preware, but it does not give me a button to update, only to launch or remove.

When I look at the Manage Feeds, I note that most of the feeds have an address, such as "ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/1.3.5.1" for the Webos-patches feed. My Webos-internals feed does not have an address - it just says "feed" underneath it. I think that when I run Update Feeds, that the Webos-internals feed gets skipped as it does not have a valid address to go to.

How do I easily get an updated version of Preware? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall using WebOS Quick Install?
    The "feed" entry (instead of a valid URL) means that you did not install the Package Manager Service correctly.

You need to use WebOS Quick Install 2.96 or later to install it.

fileCoaster, palm-install, PreLoad, PreUpdate, etc cannot correctly install it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    i cant even get it to start on my pre. it says feed errors something about a split path, is preware down and not loading for anyone?
    You can always force Preware to update by using MVApp and typing in "upw", sans quotes. Data required.
  8.    #8  
    Good to go. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    You can always force Preware to update by using MVApp and typing in "upw", sans quotes. Data required.
    form where i can get this mv aap????