Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    158 apps in Portugal with Vodafone.
    Quote Originally Posted by christcentric View Post
    i think that for all GSM users, you're not going to be able to see the same number of apps as Sprint users might see. it's a conscious decision on Palm's part to delay the App Catalog rollout across the world.

but for some of us, the App Catalog is woefully empty. Palm needs to fix this empty catalog problem, as well as the issue of a reduced app catalog on GSM Pres, although i suspect the latter will be remedied once the European App Catalog is formally launched.

so shall we just keep this thread to those with ZERO apps in their catalog?
    That was the initial idea, but then the pathetic app users were included as well. Just let me know what it's going to be. If pathetic is to be included, count me in.

Nonetheless, not a very impressive list, so either
    (a) not all relevant users are that interested,
    (b) there just aren't that many unofficial Pre users around (and Palm couldn't care less), or
    (c) we're all barking up the right tree in the wrong forum.
    Philippines - both Globe and Smart Buddy work. The apps have actually been increasing in number -- 170 of them, all free. Maybe it works because I first had the Pre activated (using an O2 sim) in Berlin where I bought it last year
    German qwertz pre from Expansys. Palm profile created on Tele2 in Sweden. Had 80-90 apps with 1.3.1 on both Telia and Tele2, both Swedish carriers. 0 apps with 1.3.5 and 1.3.5.2.
    the point is to prove to Palm that because there're unofficial countries that cannot access the Catalog because there're less than 20 users located there right? so the fact that it's not impressive in terms of user numbers helps make our case stronger. but we need to show Palm that there is a wide global spread of unofficial users...
    the point is to prove to Palm that because there're unofficial countries that cannot access the Catalog because there're less than 20 users located there right? so the fact that it's not impressive in terms of user numbers helps make our case stronger. but we need to show Palm that there is a wide global spread of unofficial users...
    I totally support this endeavour, but I'm a bit disillusioned by the number of contributors. There simply must be more. And yes, this supports the assumption of 20 user per country limit but why should Palm change their procedure for 3 Belgians, 3 Dutch and a hand full of Ausies?
    Grenada [LIME]
    they should, cos we paid for the full use of their product! and like i said in another post elsewhere, they allowed this by selling factory-unlocked QWERTZ Pres ...
    they should, cos we paid for the full use of their product! and like i said in another post elsewhere, they allowed this by selling factory-unlocked QWERTZ Pres ...
    OK, which part of the below section would you like to have underlined or put in bold?

Disclaimer of warranties

You agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, your use of the Services, Device and Software is at your own risk. Palm will have no responsibility for any harm to any Device or computer system, any loss of data, or any other harm that results from your access to or use of the Services, Device or Software. PALM DOES NOT GUARANTEE, REPRESENT, OR WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, DEVICE OR SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. PALM ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DELETION OR NON-DELETION OF DATA (FOR EXAMPLE, IN CONNECTION WITH A REMOTE WIPE SERVICE), LOSS OF DATA, MIS-TRANSFER OR FAILURE TO TRANSFER DATA, USER COMMUNICATIONS, OR PERSONALIZATION SETTINGS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, DEVICE OR SOFTWARE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICES AND SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" FOR YOUR USE WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, PALM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IF YOU ARE DEALING AS A CONSUMER IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA OR SWITZERLAND, THIS SECTION DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.

THE LAWS OF CERTAIN STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.

The Device is subject to the Palm Limited Warranty provided with the Device, which is hereby incorporated by reference.

Limitation of liability

IN NO EVENT WILL PALM BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS, DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, DEVICE OR SOFTWARE, OR ANY FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES OR SOFTWARE, EVEN IF PALM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, PALM’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO PALM FOR THE SERVICES OR USD 50 ($50), WHICHEVER IS GREATER.

THE LAWS OF CERTAIN STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
    yes, it's a legal disclaimer. but if all companies did business by completely imputing risk to the customer, they wouldn't have a very good rep, would they?

it behooves any service provider (and Palm is providing a service which we purchased together with its product) to fulfill their end of the commitment, legally binding or not.
    Well, all EULAs contain these paragraphs. Just grab any manual of any service or device you bought in the last 10 years and something to that extent will be included. I completely agree with you by the way, but 'sh*tty reality face we must'...
    Sorry man but Palm's disclaimer is bulshi*. It is 100% agains EU consumer laws, so it means that you only accept that if you're dumb. All the times I've talked to palm and told them that they are obliged to give support to any EU contry they accepted it because they know they are acting against the law.
    Last edited by glorifiedg; 01/22/2010 at 12:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    Sorry man but Palm's disclaimer is bulshi*. It is 100% agains EU consumer laws, so it means that you only accept that if you're dumb. All the times I've talked to palm and told them that they are obliged to give support to any EU contry they accepted it because they know they are acting against the law.
    Palm's disclaimer is just standard bullshi*. US(eless) crap I know. Just stating their point of view, so no need ot bite my head off.
    By the way; not accepting it, doesn't imply you're intelligent.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Palm's disclaimer is just standard bullshi*. US(eless) crap I know. Just stating their point of view, so no need ot bite my head off.
    By the way; not accepting it, doesn't imply you're intelligent.
    tomi666, sorry for my english. I've expressed wrong, I don't mean YOU are dumb but a person who accept that terms without questioning and after knowing that it's agains't EU laws. It is legal in US but not in EU.
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    tomi666, sorry for my english. I've expressed wrong, I don't mean YOU are dumb but a person who accept that terms without questioning and after knowing that it's agains't EU laws. It is legal in US but not in EU.
    Too late! You hurt my feelings and now I'm crying like a baby ;-)

Pssst... Would you mind deleting the Palm bull**** from your quote. It's taking up half the page.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Too late! You hurt my feelings and now I'm crying like a baby ;-)

Pssst... Would you mind deleting the Palm bull**** from your quote. It's taking up half the page.
    Do you want a tissue to clean the eyes? eheh

Done. That makes me sick: they want me to pay for being the first with a Palm Pre in my country. Fair enough. LOL
    Sukh [Vodafone] India. Haven't checked yet, but pretty sure the App Catalog isn't active.
    UK Activated O2 Locked Pre with Rebel Sim in Hong Kong on the Peoples/ China Mobile 2.5G EDGE Network.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I am the one with ZERO application. Live in Chile but Pre was bought in Europe.

Please help. Without App<Catalog it is really too expensive this phone.
    Anyway this i really a great forum. Hope I can expect soon a solution.
    So now that we have finally gotten back on track with this thread that we wanted a list of the non official countries with ZERO apps in the catalog just a reminder for you guys to qoute and add your country and network name with possible source of the Pre and activating SIM card to the list above.I just copied the ones that were put individually to add them to the initial list so we can resume so that when the list is to be presented to palm it wont be as difficult

Please copy and paste the list and update yourself to update the list

Belgium
    - Huub [Mobistar]
    - reflex [Base]
    - Anthogno [Base powered]

Bermuda
    - bdagirl [M3Wireless]

Italy
    - Frankk [Wind]

Malaysia
    - palmdoc2005 [Digi]
    - Surrinder [Celcom]
    - nomadmy [?Network] - from MyPDACafe forum
    - AHSS [Maxis] : a colleague who just got his Palm Pre yesterday

The Netherlands
    - spud101 [KPN]
    - TheDizzAR [T-Mobile]

Singapore
    - NiceGuy [starhub]
    - christcentric [M1]
    - alfetta_sg [M1]

Sweden
    - Winterbay [Tele2]
    - Andreas [Telia Sweden]
    - loni86 [Tele2 Comviq]

Trinidad &Tobago
    Kenjo2009[TSTT Bmobile]

Turkey
    - cryptooth [Turkcell]

Live in Chile but Pre was bought in Europe

UK Activated O2 Locked Pre with Rebel Sim in Hong Kong on the Peoples/ China Mobile 2.5G EDGE Network.

Sukh [Vodafone] India. Haven't checked yet, but pretty sure the App Catalog isn't active

Grenada [LIME]

German qwertz pre from Expansys. Palm profile created on Tele2 in Sweden. Had 80-90 apps with 1.3.1 on both Telia and Tele2, both Swedish carriers. 0 apps with 1.3.5 and 1.3.5.2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast