Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi Folks,

Has anyone seen any kind sales numbers for the newly release 3D games like Need For Speed and the Simms? I'm wondering how well the new 3D games actually doing in the App Catalog?
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    16,655 downloads ATM
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    16,655 downloads ATM
    That's $166,550. Easy money for a couple weeks of porting.
  5.    #5  
    Interesting... 16,655 downloads at $10 each is $166,550 and Palm takes 30% so that $116,585 for EA. Not as much as I would have thought but I guess that's pretty good since it's only been out for two weeks or so. I'm interested in seeing how well the downloads hold up over a month period. I wonder what the development cost was?

As a side note, Palm has made almost $50,000 off of this at the same time. That's of course assuming that they give EA games the same treatment we would get as developers.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galenb View Post
    Interesting... 16,655 downloads at $10 each is $166,550 and Palm takes 30% so that $116,585 for EA. Not as much as I would have thought but I guess that's pretty good since it's only been out for two weeks or so. I'm interested in seeing how well the downloads hold up over a month period. I wonder what the development cost was?

As a side note, Palm has made almost $50,000 off of this at the same time. That's of course assuming that they give EA games the same treatment we would get as developers.
    16,655 downloads? That's laughable...imagine the iPhone numbers, wow...
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Pre and the iPhone aren't even in the same league.. I doubt anyone expect the number to be even remotely close...
  8.    #8  
    I just wondering about what would happen if I was to develop a 3D game on the Pre, what kind of return I could expect. Obviously, the iPhone is a better choice all around but I really like WebOS. There's another factor here as well; If you are one of the few who do make a quality 3D game, then you will enjoy a market with less competition. iPhone Developers are clamoring to be heard above the din of constant App turnover. I have a feeling that here in WebOS world, it's a lot easer to get noticed.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Would like to see those numbers. No question they'll be higher. But the question is how much (install base ratio)...

With $100k in two weeks, they can probably make profit on every iPhone port. Easy money..
    Dont forget, that in a short time Verizon will start selling pres.. and the NFS sales will be boosted up
    ^^edit::: beat me to it lol
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Yes, and that nobody outside the US can even download the game. I'd love to get it, but it doesn't even show up in the app catalog here in Europe. I think a lot of developers will be happy when the app catalogue comes out of beta world wide.
    Yes and no. Most of the apps are US only. (well, targeted at a US audience to be more precise)
    ya and in march europe will get paid apps and can you imagine their sales then.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Obviously developing 3D games for the iphone is giong to net more profit and will be the big developers first priority. The iphone is a bigger market so has more potential to bring in much more $ world wide. The 3D gaming and download #'s (based on how many Pres are out there) just shows that developers can make more money by developing a game for the iphone and Pre. Also once WebOs is on 3 of the big 4 carriers there will be higher sale numbers(hopefully). Right now they are testing the waters and % wise are seeing a good result. Any progress is good progress in my book.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Would like to see those numbers. No question they'll be higher. But the question is how much (install base ratio)...

With $100k in two weeks, they can probably make profit on every iPhone port. Easy money..
    I would love to see iPhone games ported over, but some are unplayable with the .4" of screen lost. :-(
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    That download count could possibly include updates as well...if this is the case, then our dollar estimates are way off.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I would love to see iPhone games ported over, but some are unplayable with the .4" of screen lost. :-(
    Why? It is the exact same resolution. It would be like me saying that my xbox 360 is unplayable on a 37' TV versus a 42' TV. It works equally well on both, the image is just smaller and sharper on the 37' TV.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strudel View Post
    Why? It is the exact same resolution. It would be like me saying that my xbox 360 is unplayable on a 37' TV versus a 42' TV. It works equally well on both, the image is just smaller and sharper on the 37' TV.
    Not necessarily. A lot of iPhone games utilize on-screen controls. GTA is a good example of this. They can get away with this, because of the larger screen. On a smaller screen, like the Pre's, your thumbs would cover up a lot of the action. That doesn't mean that they can't rework their controls for the Pre, but I doubt most companies would do this, as their development hours are more profitable on the iPhone. I think that most good games we get will be iPhone ports, which is still better than we expected a month ago anyway.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast