Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    There must be a conspiracy than why every tech gadget said they ran identically...
    The hardware is different on all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by rayln View Post
    jesus rashad, you joined just this month and you've already become an established iphone troll.
    bravo.

yes, the pre has a keyboard.
    but to be honest, it might not be the best thing for playing many games.
    it's pretty cramped and my hands start to hurt after a while.
    How am I an iPhone troll, people are bashing the #1 smartphone in the market right now. Yes, I love the Pre...and I love the iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    The hardware is different on all of them.
    that means what? i found your logic behind your assertion stunning, basically, u are saying just because iPhone 2G,3G,3GS have different hardware, so the graphic rendering of the same game would be different? then Palm pre has same hardwares as 3GS, then it should just render better than 2g and 3G and same as 3GS?

its uneducated feeling if you ask me. what makes you think NFS is so complicated that it test the limit of all these handset? Its a simple racing game with a resolution of 320x480, how difficult do you think it is?

again, post a screenshot, or it didn't happen.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy07 View Post
    Wow, those are some huge TVs you use in your example. Where do you get a 37 foot and 42 foot TV? I thought I was doing well with my 65" TV!
    Whoops, should have been a " instead of a '
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    that means what? i found your logic behind your assertion stunning, basically, u are saying just because iPhone 2G,3G,3GS have different hardware, so the graphic rendering of the same game would be different? then Palm pre has same hardwares as 3GS, then it should just render better than 2g and 3G and same as 3GS?

its uneducated feeling if you ask me. what makes you think NFS is so complicated that it test the limit of all these handset? Its a simple racing game with a resolution of 320x480, how difficult do you think it is?

again, post a screenshot, or it didn't happen.
    It depends on what you mean by "Higher Quality". Some people consider higher frame rates equating to better quality.

But yes, there should't be any difference is image quality unless the GPU is more advanced and can do things like per pixel shading which I'm pretty sure is not the case. But definitely, the GPU and CPU combo on the 3GS is actually quite faster then the first and second iPhones so you will get much better frame rates. There are a few comparison vids on Youtube if you need proof.

There is one thing that a faster GPU/CPU can do for you and that's allow you to use larger/denser meshes thus appearing higher quality. You could also do more complex shading calculations per frame so it makes things like transparency mapping for fire and smoke effects more do-able. I don't know but I don't think this is the case as it was stated that EA ported the game pretty quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by galenb View Post
    It depends on what you mean by "Higher Quality". Some people consider higher frame rates equating to better quality.

There is one thing that a faster GPU/CPU can do for you and that's allow you to use larger/denser meshes thus appearing higher quality. You could also do more complex shading calculations per frame so it makes things like transparency mapping for fire and smoke effects more do-able. I don't know but I don't think this is the case as it was stated that EA ported the game pretty quickly.
    thats all well stated, but where do you get any data to show that

1. frame rate on iPhone 3GS, Palm Pre? I dont really need a video, I would like a frame rate test with some data.

2. NFS is so complicated that it actually is ABLE to test the limit of those hardwares?

3. graphic quality on iPhone 3GS and Palm Pre?

you guys "feeling" much, "think" much, just no data or screenshot of any kind.

Its on a 320x480 resolution screen, and its a simple game, to put it onto a podium and call it a test of hardwares, is a bit too much if you ask me.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    thats all well stated, but where do you get any data to show that

1. frame rate on iPhone 3GS, Palm Pre? I dont really need a video, I would like a frame rate test with some data.

2. NFS is so complicated that it actually is ABLE to test the limit of those hardwares?

3. graphic quality on iPhone 3GS and Palm Pre?

you guys "feeling" much, "think" much, just no data or screenshot of any kind.

Its on a 320x480 resolution screen, and its a simple game, to put it onto a podium and call it a test of hardwares, is a bit too much if you ask me.
    1. iPhone 3GS vs. 3G – 3D benchmark test

2. What do you know about the complexity of the game in question and the limitations of the platform? Do you work in the game industry?

3. I don't understand what you are asking here? Did you mean to say "Or" instead of "And"?

Quite frankly, I'm surprised anyone would taken such an offensive stance with on this issue. Calling us out like this isn't very helpful. Normally, I would ignore this and go about my day but then I see that you are well respected here. Your snippy post was even thanked! On top of that, apparently you are considered a "helpful" person who has been thanked 71 times in 49 posts. Which leeds me to believe that this kind of behavior is the preference here on this board. I find that very upsetting considering I plan on getting a Pre Plus and since this is the largest Pre community, this is where I will have to come if I need help. If you are any indication of the welcoming I will receive then... Well, I don't what the hell I'm going to do! Honestly, I would not stand for someone talking to me like this in person. Would you?

I used to frequent a board for a 3D software called XSI. The owner was an ego maniac and you really couldn't ask a question without being treated with utter distain. Basically the only people who counted for anything on that board where those who spent all their waking hours combing through the posts looking for people to verbally abuse. I stopped posting there and eventually stopped using the software. I didn't think is was such bad software but I didn't like the idea of being associated with a community that valued distain for new users over helpful guidance.

Not that it will matter to you but I happen to have worked in the 3D industry for over 17 years doing character animation and technical direction.
    am I supposed to feel honored? scared? sad?

listen, you dont need to guess or check my personal profile, or care if Im well respected, or well hated, or just a luni, unless you just have that type of habit of trying to discussing a person rather than the matters at hand.

Im asking a simple question,

do you have frame rate test between Palm Pre and iPhone 3GS? if you have, just show me the link, I never said anything about not accepting data once you come up with one.

do you have graphic still shoot from Pre and iPhone 3GS people can compare? if you have, just show it, I have no problem accepting it once you come up with one.

If you just like to do some shallow investigation about me, then save it, I dont need personal praises or attacks. I just need your data. plain and simple.

You work in 3D industry? so what? did you take a look at NFS source or something? or did you use some professional tools to test all the aspect of the game on Pre and on iPhone 3GS?

I dont need to work in game industry to know basics, goto tomshardware or anadtech, any tests can show me that when resolution lowers, the frame rate increases, exactly why is that supposed to be a secret?

There is nothing being taken offense, the only thing that offended me is that people making a bunch of statements again and again, while just not able to produce any data to support them.
    @rashad1:
    Who gives a sh*** about what an apple troll think?
    Now, you're so proud of Apple. Tell me: how many great games do you have on your mac? Yeah, that's what I thought.

WE don't give a rats *** about the iPhone. Even if the game was half as good, we wouldn't complain.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    i have web os 1.3.5.1 and i dont see need for speed in my app catalog, whats wrong|??
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethiathome View Post
    @rashad1:
    Who gives a sh*** about what an apple troll think?
    Now, you're so proud of Apple. Tell me: how many great games do you have on your mac? Yeah, that's what I thought.

WE don't give a rats *** about the iPhone. Even if the game was half as good, we wouldn't complain.
    More insults and personal attacks...great.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    More insults and personal attacks...great.

I find it interesting to hear about the IPhone and it's accomplishments. I currently own the Pre, and never have had an IPhone, and own both PC and Mac platforms at home. For people to call each other names about comments they made towards the IPhone or Pre is just rediculous. Get input from both sides, but buy the phone you want. This argument has gotten way too old IMO. Everyone has their right to make a comment, whether someone likes it or not. It's a forum. That's the concept of a forum. I'm not an IPhone fan boy, but if I owned one and someone attacked me for my comments about the phone I spent my own money on, I'd say pess off. Just my two cents. Back to topic plz? Kthxbye.

Oh, BTW, I'm a Pre troll as this is only my 4th post. Just getting that out of the way so it didn't have to be pointed out again.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123