Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The bad thing about speculation is that all it is IS speculation. For all we know with the gpu support coming out, many more companies are working on porting their apps over to the pre (heres hoping like NFS). a month ago, someone posted a thread about how NFS was coming - and at once the pre community was split. Half the ppl said YEAH RIGHT! like THAT will ever happen! they cant even fix a laggy os! and look it happened. Perhaps in 6 months we will have tons of useful games and apps like the iphone. Or maybe not. we can only wait and see. *fingers crossed*
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by strudel View Post
    Why? It is the exact same resolution. It would be like me saying that my xbox 360 is unplayable on a 37' TV versus a 42' TV. It works equally well on both, the image is just smaller and sharper on the 37' TV.
    QFA. You just hold it closer to your face.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    Not necessarily. A lot of iPhone games utilize on-screen controls. GTA is a good example of this. They can get away with this, because of the larger screen. On a smaller screen, like the Pre's, your thumbs would cover up a lot of the action. That doesn't mean that they can't rework their controls for the Pre, but I doubt most companies would do this, as their development hours are more profitable on the iPhone. I think that most good games we get will be iPhone ports, which is still better than we expected a month ago anyway.
    OK, your right about the thumbs blocking more of the screen. One thing I'd like to try though is to use the gesture area. I wonder if you can override the default action so you could use it as a virtual joy stick? I wonder if you had it in portrait mode, you might even be able to use the gesture area on either side of the center button/LED as two D-Pad like areas?
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    Not necessarily. A lot of iPhone games utilize on-screen controls. GTA is a good example of this. They can get away with this, because of the larger screen. On a smaller screen, like the Pre's, your thumbs would cover up a lot of the action. That doesn't mean that they can't rework their controls for the Pre, but I doubt most companies would do this, as their development hours are more profitable on the iPhone. I think that most good games we get will be iPhone ports, which is still better than we expected a month ago anyway.
    Yeah but on the Pre you could have the option of opening up the slider & using the full keyboard for game control, which is a HUGE win for the Pre over the iPhone if it's implemented well. NO covering up the game area at all (or at least partially)

..not that it's helping me any,.. we still don't have access to $paid$ webOS games in Canada yet either, just like in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by strudel View Post
    Why? It is the exact same resolution. It would be like me saying that my xbox 360 is unplayable on a 37' TV versus a 42' TV. It works equally well on both, the image is just smaller and sharper on the 37' TV.
    Wow, those are some huge TVs you use in your example. Where do you get a 37 foot and 42 foot TV? I thought I was doing well with my 65" TV!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy07 View Post
    Wow, those are some huge TVs you use in your example. Where do you get a 37 foot and 42 foot TV? I thought I was doing well with my 65" TV!
    hahaha nice one....

I for one dont think the Pre should have and issue with the size... besides we can use the keyboard and save some space
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    I have a feeling these numbers are off.
    16,875 Currently
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    16,875 Currently
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    lol
    Don't you have an iphone board to surf?
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Don't you have an iphone board to surf?
    I have both an iPhone and a Pre, so I go to Modmyi and here. I just think that number is so low and if the iPhone sold that many people would be roasting Apple. So I'm laughing at the Pre's low app sales numbers for such a popular game.

I have this game on my iPhone, bought it when it came out last summer. I must say it looked better on the iPhone 3GS, the Pre version looks like how my friends iPhone 2G rendered the game. It should look even better on the Pre's screen because of it's smaller size and same resolution. It's still a fun game regardless.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Also, unless they separate the numbers, you'd have to look at the iPhone vs iPod Touch numbers, as both of these devices can purchase and play the game. So yes, the Apple version of this game should sell a lot more with the much higher user base of iPhones and then huge iPod market, which I'm sure the iPod Touch has a pretty strong presence. Pre's numbers, for now, are going to be pretty low compared to that market share and even with more carriers coming aboard and providing WebOS phones (as well as opening up the catalogue outside the US) it is not likely to reach the numbers of Apple's app store, though it could get closer.

Edit: Does anyone know the rough estimate of Palm Pre's in the US? Also a lot of people have been doing multiple downloads due to issues with the game, so the numbers on this site likely aren't indicative of sales. Looking at number of sales vs number of pre's in the US to get an attach rate is a more valid comparison
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I have both an iPhone and a Pre, so I go to Modmyi and here. I just think that number is so low and if the iPhone sold that many people would be roasting Apple. So I'm laughing at the Pre's low app sales numbers for such a popular game.

I have this game on my iPhone, bought it when it came out last summer. I must say it looked better on the iPhone 3GS, the Pre version looks like how my friends iPhone 2G rendered the game. It should look even better on the Pre's screen because of it's smaller size and same resolution. It's still a fun game regardless.
    Maybe you need to have your eyes checked.LOL

I have played NFSU on both Iphone & PRE. I find the graphics to be great on both devices.

As far as the amount of sales being low, its been out for 13 days & sold almost 17,000 copies. That's 1,307 downloads a day or 54 downloads an hour, that almost one sold every minute. And with Verizon about to launch the PRE Plus. I'm sure those numbers will rise.

I have read some of your other comments & you seem to prefer the iphone over the PRE. So stop complaining and choose already.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galenb View Post
    I just wondering about what would happen if I was to develop a 3D game on the Pre, what kind of return I could expect. Obviously, the iPhone is a better choice all around but I really like WebOS. There's another factor here as well; If you are one of the few who do make a quality 3D game, then you will enjoy a market with less competition. iPhone Developers are clamoring to be heard above the din of constant App turnover. I have a feeling that here in WebOS world, it's a lot easer to get noticed.
    Understandable. I would say go for it. I paid for Asphalt 5, so there is already competition. I don't think you can get rich in a year or so, but with Pre Plus coming on Verizon, the number of WebOS devices is sure to increase.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon

App stores has the iPod touch as well.

There are much more iPod touches in the market than iPhones...though there are plenty of iPhones as well.

No one expects every Pre owner to buy a $10 game (hell some of the free apps are nestled below 1 million still for some reason)....but as more WebOS devices enter the pipeline, the number will go up.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericp74 View Post
    Maybe you need to have your eyes checked.LOL

I have played NFSU on both Iphone & PRE. I find the graphics to be great on both devices.

As far as the amount of sales being low, its been out for 13 days & sold almost 17,000 copies. That's 1,307 downloads a day or 54 downloads an hour, that almost one sold every minute. And with Verizon about to launch the PRE Plus. I'm sure those numbers will rise.

I have read some of your other comments & you seem to prefer the iphone over the PRE. So stop complaining and choose already.
    The 2G, 3G, and 3GS all render that graphics differently. People bash the iPhone too much on this forum but they need to wake up and realize its a great phone.
    The 2G, 3G, and 3GS all render that graphics differently. People bash the iPhone too much on this forum but they need to wake up and realize its a great phone.
    There must be a conspiracy than why every tech gadget said they ran identically...
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    jesus rashad, you joined just this month and you've already become an established iphone troll.
    bravo.

yes, the pre has a keyboard.
    but to be honest, it might not be the best thing for playing many games.
    it's pretty cramped and my hands start to hurt after a while.
    post screenshot or it didn't happen.

there is no technical reasons for your statement, so I have to ask you to present screenshots.

I can't take your imaginary feeling as a fact.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I would hope they all render graphics differently. But to compare Pre graphics to the 1st gen Iphone is absurd.

And no one is saying the iphone is horrible. I tried the Iphone 3gs when it came out, but didn't like it. I didn't whine about all the things it was lacking or posted my complaints on any iphone forum. I just gave it back & stuck with Sprint.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast