Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    can't figure this one out, it started yesterday and i am clueless on why.

battery drain before (wifi on, data on, gps off) was around 3%/hr at idle. now it is 11% and my phone has been off the charger with pretty much no use today since 10am and by 3pm was at 50% so i charged it again, then off the charger at 5pm (100%) and currently it is at 15%, so drain might be much more than 11%

i have rebooted 3 times (1 time with full shutdown/battery removal), removed my theme, removed all patches, tried turning off wifi, nothing is helping.
    reflash your device
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Maybe a bad signal in your area? any reported issues? I guess it'll have to work a lot harder to stay connected and possibly drain the battery?
    Extreme to flash it straight away IMO.
    I had same symptom: a Partial erase fixed it (back to around 3% per hour). Only takes about 10 minutes.
    I have has the same problem....losing battery fast. My signal is perfect. is there a thread about doing a reflash or a partial erase? I don't want to mess up my phone.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Oddly enough my wife and I are seeing this as well, just the last couple of days, and nothing has been installed on her phone in this timeframe.
  7.    #7  
    it really makes no sense, i mean i suppose i could doctor it, but i don't think it is necessary.

i even deleted facebook contacts and my email accounts, still draining at 10%/hr.
    I was just saying this to myself today. This 1.3 was stable and battery drain was decent. After 1.3.5, it's draining extremely quickly. I don't use email, things like Pandora. It's mainly talk, texting, and random Internet browsing.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    same here it happened a few days ago, i actually thought after last update battery was much better then it just started to drain very quickly between 15-25%hr w/nothing running just idle. I did restart and battery pull no change. Any ideas on what would cause this? I really dont want to redo patches etc and reflash when 1.4 is so close.
    YES SAME HERE!
    very strange today. about 20% drain with minimal use.

i turned all email checks to manual and Swapped to another battery.
    now it's back to 3-4% drain.

i realise swapping battery seems to have fix this problem twice already. i don't know why.

i am sure it's the data network. coz with data off batt is always good too.
    give it a try in swapping batt and let me know your findings.
    Glad I am not the only one.

FYI, I have no patches installed on my phone.
    Mine just suddenly started this today. I woke up to *low battery phone will shut down soon* message. I have it in airplane mode during the night. My pre is only a little over a month old.
    Should we all be reporting this to Palm, Sprint?
    I have the same problem some days ago. But then i see that the automatic backup to the palm profile has stopped working after the 1.3.5.2. - update. Start the backup program and look at the given time for the last backup. if it is some days ago, switch the backup to 'off'. Answer yes to the delete backup question. After that, set the backup again to 'on' and start a manual backup. Now my pre is back to normal work (daily backup and no battery drain).

I hope this helps !!
    My version is 1.3.5.1 (not .2?)
    Mine had backed up last night, the usual once per day.
    I don't have any patches. The only new thing on the phone is app scoop.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Hmmm, mine hadnt backed up since 1/1/2010. That seems odd.... turned it off and then back on (with a manual backup) as simossoft recommended.
    Quote Originally Posted by lc96 View Post
    My version is 1.3.5.1 (not .2?)
    Mine had backed up last night, the usual once per day.
    I don't have any patches. The only new thing on the phone is app scoop.
    the '.2' is, because im in europe on GSM Pre ! Other version !
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Issue started up yesterday w/ the Pre (92% battery @ 0900 - 32% battery @ noon). I was thinking it might be the MyTether patch, could be wrong. I wasn't running MyTether, but the patch was on. Is there a task manager style app to see what is running on the device? Battery drain seems to have slowed down today, unpatched MyTether and reset last night.
    I and others have had a wifi issue. Try turning your wifi off for several hours and see if it returns to the slower drain. It's a bit of a pain to toggle wifi on and off when needed, but better than a dead phone. Hope it is fixed in the next update.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhead91 View Post
    Is there a task manager style app to see what is running on the device?
    JSTop, it's homebrew.
    Quote Originally Posted by simossoft View Post
    I have the same problem some days ago. But then i see that the automatic backup to the palm profile has stopped working after the 1.3.5.2. - update. Start the backup program and look at the given time for the last backup. if it is some days ago, switch the backup to 'off'. Answer yes to the delete backup question. After that, set the backup again to 'on' and start a manual backup. Now my pre is back to normal work (daily backup and no battery drain).

I hope this helps !!
    I just took a look and you are correct I have not backed up since 1/15/10. I just tried what you said above, hopefully that works. Thanks
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast