Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have the same router, and am experiencing the same battery drain problems since the 1.3.5 and 1.3.5.1 releases. I have no patches, no themes, and no 'push' email. When I am home and wifi is turned on, terrible battery drain. I suspect that whatever was addressed to keep wifi alive when in stand-by mode, is negatively impacting the battery. When I turn off wifi, battery drain is back to pre 1.3.5 levels.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I'm getting the battery drain with Wifi off.
  3.    #43  
    I think it might be, a friend of mine has a belken router and his battery lasts nearly 24hrs, where with my 655 it dains @ 11%. I have even tried new firmare to no avail
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
    I think it might be, a friend of mine has a belken router and his battery lasts nearly 24hrs, where with my 655 it dains @ 11%. I have even tried new firmare to no avail
    Does turning off wifi completely fix it? If not then the router might not be to blame.
    there seems to be a common problem here...

I am using the pre plus- is this confined to the pre plus or are all you sprint people having the same problem with your pre?

if so, its definitely something on palm's side- synergy?

i used palm os for years, then went on a one year windows mobile hiatus...in that one year, there was a task close option- I assumed the swipe up gesture was a definite way to close an app...but now I'm hearing from some that there are some apps constantly running in the background. besides email and messaging apps, which I disabled, what else is running in the background?

is there a way to stop background processes from running at all?

does syngergy run all day long, 24/7, or only at night? and is there a way to disable it certain times of the day, like you, during the day when most people actually USE the phone...

this battery drain is killing me...we need a solution ASAP!
    Same batt drain problem here, 100% factory 1.3.5.1 pure, no patches or homebrew. Noticed first time yesterday getting quite hot listening to RadioTime via BT while on USB charge.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    Does turning off wifi completely fix it? If not then the router might not be to blame.
    yes, drains @ 1.5%/hr w/ data enabled

I also live in an apt and there are 8 other router my phone detects. Could that also be part of the problem?
    palm pre plus on verizon.

got new battery from verizon.

still have issues with the phone randomly getting hot at times, when NOT in use, and notice a rather quick battery drain...

my search of the forums thus far have suggested:

yahoo contacts may be an issue? however have not seen a consensus view from anyone...

something to do with corrupt palm backup? people have claimed they deleted their backup and made a new one, or noticed that their backup was old...not the case with me.

something to do with synergy in general? does anyone know if it runs 24/7? that would make me believe its something on palm's end. the only way I can stop the burning is when I notice its happening, i put the phone into airplane mode and then it cools down...not an optimal solution, because whats the purpose of a PHONE then?

certain homebrew apps and patches? i dont have any homebrew anything

turn off gps, bluetooth, wifi, email synching frequency- even with all these off the phone sometimes gets hot and battery drains

I'm starting to get really frustrated with this issue.

any help, any, would be greatly appreciated.
    I don't have a lot of info about this instance, but as of late my dad is experiencing a major jump in battery drain as well. He was asking me if I had any ideas last night. He is on a sprint pre.
    I noticed if I am charging my phone under a pilllow or something it gets really hot and won't charge/drains battery.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123