Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deberbach View Post
    I and others have had a wifi issue. Try turning your wifi off for several hours and see if it returns to the slower drain. It's a bit of a pain to toggle wifi on and off when needed, but better than a dead phone. Hope it is fixed in the next update.
    I agreewith deberbach, it is definetely a WIFI issue, which i confirmed with Battery Monitor. It will drain at about 10% an hour with WIFI on, much less (1-3%) with WIFI off. I suggest that you leave it off until they fix it.
    i can confirm that as long as i turn off email syncing. battery with wifi and data on is draining less than 4%

even email on arrival (gmail) is killing the battery.
    this is only recent problem.

i have tons of patches installed. i don't think they are the prob.
    What happened? This was a huge discussion right after 1.3.5 came out and now there are just a few randon threads. I still have the battery issue and I'm 100% sure it started right after 1.3.5 was released.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I did the phone full reset and my battery started draining at 12%/hr.

My issue was google chat was just killing my battery, don't know why since I have full bars! But maybe it's the same issue for you all!
    I had this issue and posted about it in a previous thread. Lots of suggestions and discussion there.

Summary of possible causes:
    • 3D homebrew games (e.g. quake, doom)
    • Patches (in general)
    • The "Battery Icon as Percent" patch.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    JSTop, it's homebrew.

I actually was going request an app that did this, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken02 View Post
    I agreewith deberbach, it is definetely a WIFI issue, which i confirmed with Battery Monitor. It will drain at about 10% an hour with WIFI on, much less (1-3%) with WIFI off. I suggest that you leave it off until they fix it.
    not strictly a wifi issue for all of us. my battery drain issues don't appear to be related to wifi at all, and actually my battery is worst at home with my airave. find the "battery poll" thread - lots of good info in there and various troubleshooting ideas.

as far as why there aren't lots of other threads, i know i've seen some of the threads combined, presumably so the forum isn't overrun with tons of the exact same info over and over. the search function in this forum appears to work really well compared to others i've seen.
  8.    #28  
    well i did the partial erase today, and i reinstalled most of my patches, so far it has been draining around 2.5%/hr w/ wifi off after 6hr test, so now i turned wifi on and will let it go for probably 3hrs and see how it is going. if it is the same then something became fubar'd if it is higher, then in my case it is definetly wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I had this issue and posted about it in a previous thread. Lots of suggestions and discussion there.

Summary of possible causes:
    • 3D homebrew games (e.g. quake, doom)
    • Patches (in general)
    • The "Battery Icon as Percent" patch.
    I have 26 patches including the battery percentage patch, no battery issues. In recent threads I thought they narrowed it down to certain brands of routers.
    Last edited by netwrkr9; 01/20/2010 at 10:03 PM. Reason: spellling
  10.    #30  
    only 45min since my last post and i am up to 5.7%/hr. not a good sign.
  11.    #31  
    wifi on, 5 bars of service 10.9% drain.

time to look into this wifi thing again.
  12.    #32  
    did some testing today. Turned wifi off, and the drain was only 1.5%/hr, left home went to work and turned on wifi and drain increased to 1.8%/hr. Came home been here for 2hrs and drain is up to 4.5% and keeps rising.

so, maybe it is due to my dlink 655 router, but I have no idea what settings to adjust to make it better
  13.    #33  
    i doctored my phone tonight in an attempt to try and solve this and narrow it down to the wifi. as of right now, it is drawing over 8%/hr with wifi enabled @home. at work it draws 2.8% with wifi enabled, still drawing 1.x% with w/ wifi disabled.

argh.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
    i doctored my phone tonight in an attempt to try and solve this and narrow it down to the wifi. as of right now, it is drawing over 8%/hr with wifi enabled @home. at work it draws 2.8% with wifi enabled, still drawing 1.x% with w/ wifi disabled.

argh.
    did you try set email check to a lesser frequency?
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    do you guys have the Visual Voicemail app installed?
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    did you try set email check to a lesser frequency?
    i don't use push email, i prefer to just start the app and have it refresh. i have it set to check every 6hours.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    my battery is horrible 11% drain per hour wifi-off, email-hourly. i hope palm adresses this in the next update. this is unacceptable!
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I have Wifi, GPS and Blootooth off and email check to manual. My battery is draining at about 15% per hour. This just started recently. Up until then battery life was fine (I have both a Seidio 1300 and a Mugen 1400).

These are the patches I have:
    launcher: reset to first page
    default to month view
    add date - mm/dd
    all-day events in month view
    battery icon and percent
    call duration in call log
    enable dialpad vibration
    enable hidden clock
    hide nascar app
    hide nfl app
    match state to area code
    no auto-off while charging
    simple shutter sound off
    wrap pages

Could it be one of them? I updated them all with AUPT recently.
    Whenever Wifi is on, turn data off. I dont see why you would need it. Hehe.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    OK. So I removed all of my patches and both of my email accounts and it is still draining at around 15% per hour. Any ideas?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast