1.    #1  
    When I send a ringtone file to my pre from another phone via MMS from the source it shows in the pre as a SMS message. I click on it and it plays but I can not get it to save on the phone. I am unable to find any information on this. Any help is appreciated.
    i cant too
    Because for some stank, rank odd reason...the Pre cannot send/receive "music" files yet (be they ringtones or actual music). I was at it for HOURS and still couldn't find a way, even with patches.

I think this is one of the ways they chose to cut down on piracy. And although you don't really pay for ringtones these days (Who actually does that by show of hands???), those just happen to be the innocent by-standards caught in the crossfire.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
    boo! I just read the post after 3 hrs of trying to copy all the ringtones i sent via mms.
    I found a way to get some sounds into ringtones. I had a sound sent to me sms, I played it and did nothing. I thing plugged my pre into usb mode and went into the pre and into mms from there and found the sound file in one of the mms files or folders. I then dropped it into my music folder on the pre. After that you know how to pick a music file as a ringtone...!
    Maybe that will help, I spent many hours and numerous failed attempts trying to figure this out as well...
    it worked!
    You can do this directly on your phone using the Internalz app.

Whenever you receive a photo (which you can save via standard functionality) or an audio file, Palm creates a folder and stores the file in /media/internal/.attachments/mms/

1) Open Internalz
    2) Navigate to /media/internal/.attachment/mms/
    3) Scroll all the way down to the bottom (the last folder is the most recent)
    4) Open folder
    5) Click on file (there will be at least two files but you should be able to determine which one is the audio file...it will not have an extension....at least for me it did not)
    6) Select 'Info'
    7) Add .mp3 as the file extension (this must be done in order to play the file)
    8) Select 'Move' from the list
    9) Select the folder you want to move it to...for ringtones it will be /media/internal/ringtones

There you go. You now have a ringtone saved to your phone that was sent via text.

Hope this helps. I use it all the time. It's not as great as being able to save it from the text directly, like you can for a photo, but you can at least save an audio file sent to you.

It's best to save the file as soon as you get it since you'll know what folder the file is in. If you wait and receive other MMS and additional folders are created then you will have to fish for the file, which could take some time.

Also, please note, I saved the files I got as .mp3 because they were mp3's sent to me but did not have the .mp3 extension for some reason. I have not tried this with other file types but I would imagine it would work if the file type can be played on the Pre.

Mike
    Last edited by mikedill24; 05/19/2010 at 03:23 PM.
    Yup, use Internalz seems to be the best way, those instructions worked perfectly. (you can find Internalz using Preware. I searched for Internalz within Preware and found it)
    Strange how there isn't a patch for this yet. The file is even stored on the Pre too.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Agreed, haha