1.    #1  
    This is not the common "stuck in headset mode" problem.

When my car radio is connected to my Pre's headphone jack, I can hear the person on the other end of a call through my car speakers. They can't hear me yelling though. I had to unplug the Pre from the 3.5mm jack for the other person to hear me. It always used to work before, but this happened a few times this weekend.

I tried to search this problem, but all I found were the "stuck in headset mode" problems.

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    This is a weird issue. In my car, I use the cassette adapter to get the sound into the speakers and the phone mic works fine during phone calls.

However, I plugged the pre directly into the AUX in on another car and had the same issue you described (Could hear other party fine, but they could not hear me).
  3.    #3  
    I'm pretty sure it worked fine before 1.3.1. Not sure if 1.3.1 or 1.3.5 caused the problem.
    I have the same issue - with headphones: caller can hear me - plugged into the car - caller can't hear me. This is true in both my cars - one with a modulator, one with an aux port.
  5.    #5  
    That's weird. I wonder if this is with all Pres.

Please reply if your Pre with 1.3.5.1 works and the caller can hear you while connected to your car's aux in.
    this used to work fine for everyone prior to i believe it was 2.1 there are a lot of threads out there on this one http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...x-input-3.html

most seem to think they disabled this to create more compatibility w/ diff head sets. you used to also be able to use a seat of earbuds w/out a mic, and it worked wonderfully,
    I spent 15 minus talking to tech support tonight and he had me hold the power button in, and toggle the mute switch 3 or 4 times, it did a funky reset, I plugged in a set of head phones and it works properly.
    Prior I had tried WebOS Doc and various updates, I even had the problem with a replacement Pre. It seems that the device was stuck under some other application while accessing the mic.

Try this, let me know if it works for you, and as always, us the "thanks" button!

Also, will send the tech log for anyone having further issues.