1.    #1  
    Hey all,

Love my pre, unfortunately I'm on my 3rd one (due to me being completely absent minded and losing 2 of them) For better or for worse I had equipment protection.

Anyway lately I've realized that my pre only outputs to one channel. I noticed sound was only coming out of my left set of speakers in my car, and the left earbud when plugged in. I've tried this with multiple mp3s, pandora, etc, with the same effect. I've already tried running EPR and removing all my patches. Does anyone else have this problem, and if this is a hardware issue, should I....

1. Go to the Sprint store and see if they'll provide a replacement (knowing its a refurb from Asurion)
    2. Call Asurion and risk getting an even worse refurb?
    3. Do nothing. (I'm planning on getting a bluetooth car deck anyway)

Thoughts?

Thanks everyone, this is a great community!
    I think you should try running web os doctor before getting another refurb
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Does your car's system use bluetooth?
    I had an issue with the plug not seating right. I think it was because of the plug, and not the phone.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Thats why I'm asking if his car's system uses bluetooth. If it does, then its some weird setting in the phone which is only allowing output on one channel. If not, then chances are the headset port is broken.
    Tried cleaning out the port with some compressed air or messing with it like spinning the plug? Consider doctoring if those don't work. And if it's still happening after Doctor then bring it to the store.
  7.    #7  
    Yeah tried spinning the plug and seating it diffrently, etc.... no dice.

Doctoring now.... fingers crossed.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Bluetooth stereo products (headphones and adapters) are compatible with any brand of Bluetooth-enabled phone or music device that supports Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP). are you sure your equipment supports A2DP? not all bluetooth devices do.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcarroll23 View Post
    Bluetooth stereo products (headphones and adapters) are compatible with any brand of Bluetooth-enabled phone or music device that supports Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP). are you sure your equipment supports A2DP? not all bluetooth devices do.
    His unit is not BT capable. People were just suggesting he try it as an alternative.

Good luck let us know if it works.
  10.    #10  
    Okay no luck doctoring. I guess I'll bring it to the store tommorrow.... odds I get a new unit despite the fact that this is a refurb from Asurion?

-Mark