1.    #1  
    hello there, first and foremost thank you everyone from this great website for all the good help with apps and everything such. my problem is i have installed a few apps on my pre, the last being mytether.. ever since i have installed it i cannot get youtube to play a single video, not one, i uninstalled mytether and have done a partial erase but it still will not play anything at all on youtube... any help please!!!
    same thing here, except I haven't installed my tether
    I'm not sure what the real problem is behind this, but if it was working before MyTether I might suggest I run to the doctor, I've personally never had this problem.

The way MyTether gets stuff done is a little against the homebrew/patch/internals community and hopefully will be replaced coming up here. Also, It is slightly immoral that you have to pay to extend its features (a required donation to receive services is by definition not a donation).
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I'm not sure what the real problem is behind this, but if it was working before MyTether I might suggest I run to the doctor, I've personally never had this problem.

The way MyTether gets stuff done is a little against the homebrew/patch/internals community and hopefully will be replaced coming up here. Also, It is slightly immoral that you have to pay to extend its features (a required donation to receive services is by definition not a donation).
    I have mytether installed. What is wrong with it. I haven't used it but I figured I would sometime. But if it's bad for Pre then I don't want it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    I have mytether installed. What is wrong with it. I haven't used it but I figured I would sometime. But if it's bad for Pre then I don't want it.
    Well it's not bad for the Pre. The guys over at internals however have set down a set of standards for a patch, theme, and application which is enforced, this is what allows Preware and the Package Manager to work so well. MyTether doesn't follow this standard so it can easily conflict with other homebrew, namely patches. This is why it was reported that you couldn't run Doom/Quake with MyTether installed, there is just too much overlap in the foundation of MyTether and the homebrew community, but no agreement between the two.

And last time I checked the beta feeds it looked like someone was testing a Tethering solution which follows the webos-internals standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Well it's not bad for the Pre. The guys over at internals however have set down a set of standards for a patch, theme, and application which is enforced, this is what allows Preware and the Package Manager to work so well. MyTether doesn't follow this standard so it can easily conflict with other homebrew, namely patches. This is why it was reported that you couldn't run Doom/Quake with MyTether installed, there is just too much overlap in the foundation of MyTether and the homebrew community, but no agreement between the two.

And last time I checked the beta feeds it looked like someone was testing a Tethering solution which follows the webos-internals standards.
    The other day my sister was messing around with my phone & she did install the patch and it made the camera app not work, so I uninstalled it but now I can't uninstall my theme nor does my YouTube work. I just didn't think it was mytether. I figured I did something with my pre. I guess I will have to doctor the phone. =/
    i had the same problem
    I took my pre to the "Doctor" and everything works now, both camera and video playback on youtube. So running Doctor seems to be the solution.
    Last edited by markinsonu; 01/21/2010 at 01:33 PM.