1.    #1  
    Ok, so I am gonna use the Regulatory fee increase to leave Sprint ETF free... Like the service, love the price, but can't get a signal at my work consistintely like I did on Verizon. So...

with the supposed "Open Network Initiative" at Verizon, how does it work? I heard something along the lines of, you bring them a phone that isn't on their network, but works with their CDMA bands (Sprint phones), they test it for 30 days, add the MEID to their system and you are good to go? Anyone have any experience with this?

I really don't want lock myself into a Pre Plus on Verizon for two years...I want to see if they make a really good Android phone with a real keyboard (Nexus One Enterprise?) or what Windows Mobile 7 has to offer?? Who knows? I want options...
    slim to none.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    slim to none.
    I second that
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    In my experience with Verizon from about 5 years ago.... I was able to activate any CDMA phone on the Verizon network I had(including Sprint phones). Regardless of origin. It was one of the reasons I stuck with Verizon in the face of high prices. Sprint allowed only phones of Sprint origin and that didn't fit my needs at the time. I have since switched to Sprint(lower cost) and I am not aware if Verizon has changed that policy.

Hope this helps,
    Daaknes
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I know sumone who switched from verizon to sprint and had the same issue not getting service at work.. So he added the roam only patch and that fixed his issue..hope that helps..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane350 View Post
    Ok, so I am gonna use the Regulatory fee increase to leave Sprint ETF free... Like the service, love the price, but can't get a signal at my work consistintely like I did on Verizon. So...

with the supposed "Open Network Initiative" at Verizon, how does it work? I heard something along the lines of, you bring them a phone that isn't on their network, but works with their CDMA bands (Sprint phones), they test it for 30 days, add the MEID to their system and you are good to go? Anyone have any experience with this?

I really don't want lock myself into a Pre Plus on Verizon for two years...I want to see if they make a really good Android phone with a real keyboard (Nexus One Enterprise?) or what Windows Mobile 7 has to offer?? Who knows? I want options...
    very good..

check out this thread from JULY 2009, yeah way back when the pre first came out there was someone who got it to work heres the article and heres the thread
    it wouldnt work because the sprint version uses way other services then verizon does your pre would need to be flashed in order to work with verizon. and if you dont get a signal there is a trick just open up your dial pad go in to prefeence and allow roaming also you can install the roam only patch on your pre and you get coverage. so no need to switch to big red evil lol. and if you dial ##3836# you also can change between reva revo evdo only and so on evdo is data only and hybrid rev a is is the fastest data and talk and hybrid rev o is the slower data 3g and talk if you install the roaming patch you will get coverage everywhere and if u need data just do the##3836# and switch it to evdo only and your phone will have full bars in data. so why switch??
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    [QUOTE=pogeypetey;2164119][IMG]

LOL that was great...
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    very good..

check out this thread from JULY 2009, yeah way back when the pre first came out there was someone who got it to work heres the article and heres the thread
    is that the deal where voice and text works, but not data? if so, what's the point? totally defeats the whole purpose of the phone.
    umm if one month after the phone came out when there was no sight of verizon on the pre horizon in sight, and someone got some progress and got voice working,

now 8 months later, with verizon on board you actually think someone here couldnt take it the next step if not now in maybe a week?
    With a Verizon-branded webOS on the way, this is very possible. Obviously, the open nature of the Linux origins should allow for a port of the Verizon software. But maybe those Palm/Verizon folks have already thought of that and the Verizon version checks hardware to validate.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    one of the greatest things ive seen on here
    umm if one month after the phone came out when there was no sight of verizon on the pre horizon in sight, and someone got some progress and got voice working,

now 8 months later, with verizon on board you actually think someone here couldnt take it the next step if not now in maybe a week?
    that's been done plenty of times with plenty of phones before the Pre.

to get EVERY feature of the phone to work on a different carrier, whether that carrier carries that phone or not, is a different story and a much larger task.

show us a recent article or post that highlights such a success, if not now, then maybe in a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    With a Verizon-branded webOS on the way, this is very possible. Obviously, the open nature of the Linux origins should allow for a port of the Verizon software. But maybe those Palm/Verizon folks have already thought of that and the Verizon version checks hardware to validate.
    each phone has a unique ID number and each provider has a list of which unique ID numbers are authorized to work on their network.

im not saying its technologically impossible, because it most certainly is. im saying it's unlikely to happen, because it is.
    that's been done plenty of times with plenty of phones before the Pre.

to get EVERY feature of the phone to work on a different carrier, whether that carrier carries that phone or not, is a different story and a much larger task.

show us a recent article or post that highlights such a success, if not now, then maybe in a week.
    the op wanted to know how/if possible to get his pre working on verizn . i gave him a place to start. let him continue that discussion of all the details how .
    I'm sure you could do it. The first thing you need is for Verizon to accept your ESN. Then you need a Verizon WebOS Doctor and a Sprint WebOS Doctor. Combine various elements of both into a third WebOS Doctor and flash that to your Pre. After all this, there is a good possibility of it working. Have fun.
    im not saying its technologically impossible, because it most certainly is. im saying it's unlikely to happen, because it is.
    it has happened.

again the OP quest: was what are the chances of bringing the pre to verizon.

ANS: very good chances
    it has happened.

again the OP quest: was what are the chances of bringing the pre to verizon.

ANS: very good chances
    a fully functioning, data capable Pre, is running on Verizon?