Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, I moved to sprint from verizon for the pre a few weeks after it came out. I like the pre a lot but when the next iteration of the phone comes out sometime Q3 I'm gunna have to upgrade one way or another. Now after I have my contract for a year ill be able to upgrade for $75 off of the unsubsidized price, which will still be pretty expensive. I've read on these forums that you become a premiere customer when you have a bill of 69.99 or over for 3 consecutive months, which I have done. I talked to a sprint rep today and they have told me that you need to be invited to become a premiere customer. Do any of you out there know how I can make this happen so that I am eligible to upgrade when the pre 2 eventually comes out?
    what? they should grant you S|P already!. let me check
    oh, you need to be with sprint for more than 6 months. Sprint Premier

after that, if they still bs-ing, you should just keep calling.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I think there are a couple different ways.

1. Be a Sprint customer for 10 years or more, continuously.

2. Have a single line with a plan of 69.99 or a shared plan of 99.99 or more. You cant have add-ons to get to this level. It has to be the plan value. If you have discounts, they do not matter in this case. Then, you have to have this for 6 months continuously to qualify.

This is what I was told when I looked into it.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks guys. If it is at 6 months, then I should be eligible sometime next month.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    If you have any problems, call customer service, and go to a Sprint store. By this time, they should have everything in order, but for a while, people were being told they were not premier customers by CS when they were, and had to check at a store to confirm.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Sorry for my ignorance but what does being a premier customer provide for you. What do you get. I have been with sprint for 15 years. Also have had a family plan over 99 for 4.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I had never heard of "Sprint Premier" until I received something in the mail telling me that I had been upgraded to Premier status. So it will likely happen automatically for you also when the criteria is met.

Hope this helps,
    Daaknes
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerlot View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance but what does being a premier customer provide for you. What do you get. I have been with sprint for 15 years. Also have had a family plan over 99 for 4.
    discount from time to time, and upgrade your phone at a new customer price every 12 months, instead of 24 month.
    Which reminds me, I gotta find that 25 percent off accessories coupon around here somewhere...
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drjb74 View Post

2. Have a single line with a plan of 69.99 or a shared plan of 99.99 or more. You cant have add-ons to get to this level. It has to be the plan value. If you have discounts, they do not matter in this case. Then, you have to have this for 6 months continuously to qualify.

That's almost correct, except one minor detail. You actually only have to be on a qualifying plan continuously for 3 months. However, you have to have been a Sprint customer for at least 6 months.

So, as a new Sprint customer you would be eligible after 6 months as long as you are on a qualifying plan.

If you are an existing Sprint customer, you would become eligible after 3 months of being on a qualifying plan.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    kd- thanks for making that correction. Those were the details I was given when I found out I was a premier customer. I had asked the rep in the store what that meant and how I became one.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of Reason View Post
    Which reminds me, I gotta find that 25 percent off accessories coupon around here somewhere...
    You just tell the rep at the store you are a premier customer and they will check your account bang discount!
    I joined Sprint with the launch of the Pre. I though I should be eligible for Premier status by December, but I didn't receive anything from Sprint about it. I called customer service last week and they were no help -- one said that I would never be eligible because I have an employee discount. Another said I would be eligible after one year, not six months.

I went to my local corporate store where the reps have been pretty helpful. They checked my record and said that I am now in Premier status.

There should be a lot of new Premier members who joined Sprint to get the Pre.
    I didn't know about it until it came in the mail. But I'm a S|P Customer too. If I got my Pre a week or two after launch day, when would it be a year? I actually had a Sprint phone before the Pre came out but since I was within my 30 days, I was able to swap it out & get the Pre.
    6 months is all it takes to be a Premier customer now? Weak. Doesn't sound like anything special then.
    New customer pricing every 12 months is special to me!!

Quote Originally Posted by webosuser View Post
    6 months is all it takes to be a Premier customer now? Weak. Doesn't sound like anything special then.
    The year will be 365 days from the day you purchased your subsidized device.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    I didn't know about it until it came in the mail. But I'm a S|P Customer too. If I got my Pre a week or two after launch day, when would it be a year? I actually had a Sprint phone before the Pre came out but since I was within my 30 days, I was able to swap it out & get the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by drjb74 View Post

When you say that discounts do not matter, does that mean they look for your plan to be over 69.99 without discounts? Mine is about 67.99 (with a 25% discount) and would hate to not receive premier for those two dollars
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast