Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by strohmeier View Post
    When you say that discounts do not matter, does that mean they look for your plan to be over 69.99 without discounts? Mine is about 67.99 (with a 25% discount) and would hate to not receive premier for those two dollars
    It is based on the MRC of your plan, i.e. the regular recurring price of your base plan before any add-ons or discounts. Short story your fine you will be Premier.
  2.    #22  
    When I was on Verizon I was very annoyed with them about how you have to wait 2 full years to upgrade. I couldn't see myself ever having a phone for longer than a year since I got the pre, even if it was the best phone in the world, I have become too obsessed with having the next coolest phone. Two year contracts are bs as it is, but service providers make a killing off of your monthly bill and getting a phone at a subsidized price every year needs to become standard. This sprint premier customer thing is great and every other phone company should follow suit.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    You just tell the rep at the store you are a premier customer and they will check your account bang discount!
    Wasn't what happened to me. I even found the information on the internet at the store and showed it to the rep about a 25% discount, and I was rejected rather coldly.

    I notice at the link to the Sprint description of benefits, it says that "you can receive our latest upgrade price for Sprint Premier Customers". As I read that, they set an upgrade price for Sprint Premier customers, and you get that price. Not quite the same as the new customer price--They could change their upgrade price at any time they chose. I'm assuming that so far though, this has always been the new customer price?
    Mike B in OKlahoma

    Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre


  4. #24  
    I have a question. I am a Premier customer but was thinking of lowering my plan because the any mobile any time. That will lower my bill to less than $69.00. Will this take my Premier status away?
  5. #25  
    fwiw, i have an employee discount too (15%) but i signed up for the $7 insurance, which brings me back above 69.99 (if that even matters)...been with sprint over 10 years too...if i buy something from the sprint store, i just tell them that i'm premier, and i get the discount...my local sprint store is very customer service oriented...i used to know the store manager until he got transferred...but service is still very good...
    Last edited by kenhiraihnl; 01/22/2010 at 01:02 AM.
  6. #26  
    I believe that your base price for plan has to be 69.99, then you can apply discounts and what not to lower and it will still be eligible for Premier status. If base plan is below 69 it isn't available.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    New customer pricing every 12 months is special to me!!
    what I can guess he was referring to and is mentioned in this thread is that previously it took 10 years for "premire" .... Now anyone can get it after a short term so it is no longer "special"


    ohh and by anyone I don't mean anyone, I have been a sprint customer for 2 yearsish longer than my wife, before we married I got her on sprint, then at some point we combined plans, many years and a few phone upgrades for both of us later she is now the "recognized" sp member since the discount only applies to what was setup as the main line many years ago. Not really a worry for us now, but if the time comes after 12 months that we are both ready to upgrade, we will see how it goes, doubt either of us are willing to wait 24 months if there is a majorly upgraded webos device.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I believe that your base price for plan has to be 69.99, then you can apply discounts and what not to lower and it will still be eligible for Premier status. If base plan is below 69 it isn't available.
    Yes...the base price before discounts needs to be $69.99 for Premiere.
  9. fraz's Avatar
    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    #29  
    For those looking for the 25% discount offer, just log in to your account, under account alerts at the top you'll see a link that says: "As a Sprint Premier customer, your loyalty deserves to be rewarded. Show me my Sprint Rewards" - click that.

    Scroll down to the very bottom and on the left column you'll see a paragraph that reads exactly:

    "New News
    Accessory Discount for Premier

    We have been listening to your feedback and would like to announce: Sprint Premier customers are now eligible to get 25% off any accessory, any time at our Sprint owned retail stores.
    Note - All Sprint owned retail stores should honor any Sprint Premier expired accessory discount cards. You do not need the card to receive the discount"


    If you go into a sprint store, and they deny you a 25% discount, tell them to do these steps or ask for a manager b/c they must honor it.
  10. #30  
    SteveMS, if you're on a Simply Everything plan you could qualify at the intro tier level (Everything Data, 450) which is a $70 a month plan...
    Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P -> Palm Pre
  11. #31  
    For those concerned that being able to get S|P status before 10 year mark makes the 10 year mark less special, it may be worth considering that if you've been with Sprint that long you get S|P regardless of your plan price.

    Also, after speaking with S|P customer service I asked about how S|P members were selected; the CSR rep said they had an internal team that did a monthly review, and that it wasn't something CSRs could put in a request for or anything like that.

    The agent also mentioned that in addition to either the spending/time criteria, it's important that your account has been in "good standing" for at least 3/6 months, which means no late bills, etc. etc. etc.
    Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P -> Palm Pre
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    ...she is now the "recognized" sp member since the discount only applies to what was setup as the main line many years ago...
    Not entirely true. My wife and I have been Sprint customers for about 12 years, we got our daughter a phone about three years ago. When the whole S|P started I tried to upgrade my phone and was told that only the "main line" could be upgraded yearly and that I would have to wait another year. When I inquired as to what they considered the "main line" they told me it was my daughters line. They were able to switch it to my line, so they can change what line is the "main line", but probably won't do it more than once.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevewms View Post
    I have a question. I am a Premier customer but was thinking of lowering my plan because the any mobile any time. That will lower my bill to less than $69.00. Will this take my Premier status away?
    you should call Sprint. the wording of the sentence looks like you just need 3 months of >$69.99 bills, no matter if you have that at current time or not.

    again, call sprint to clarify this.

    however, im not sure if its possible to change to a lower plan with Pre, 450 minutes is lowest sprint offers.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    For those looking for the 25% discount offer, just log in to your account, under account alerts at the top you'll see a link that says: "As a Sprint Premier customer, your loyalty deserves to be rewarded. Show me my Sprint Rewards" - click that.

    Scroll down to the very bottom and on the left column you'll see a paragraph that reads exactly:

    "New News
    Accessory Discount for Premier

    We have been listening to your feedback and would like to announce: Sprint Premier customers are now eligible to get 25% off any accessory, any time at our Sprint owned retail stores.
    Note - All Sprint owned retail stores should honor any Sprint Premier expired accessory discount cards. You do not need the card to receive the discount"


    If you go into a sprint store, and they deny you a 25% discount, tell them to do these steps or ask for a manager b/c they must honor it.
    only problem is that most everything at the Sprint retail store is overpriced by 33% compared to online elsewhere.
  15. swimdng's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of Reason View Post
    Which reminds me, I gotta find that 25 percent off accessories coupon around here somewhere...
    I remember reading that if you are a Premier customer, you don't need the 25% off coupon. Just go to any Sprint store to buy your accessories, and they will automatically give you the 25% discount. The coupon card just looks nice.
  16. #36  
    if you have a 2 yr contract and upgrade at 1 yr, will the new 2 yr contract be cosecutive or concurrent?
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    if you have a 2 yr contract and upgrade at 1 yr, will the new 2 yr contract be cosecutive or concurrent?
    will be a new 2yr contract. not on the old term.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Not entirely true. My wife and I have been Sprint customers for about 12 years, we got our daughter a phone about three years ago. When the whole S|P started I tried to upgrade my phone and was told that only the "main line" could be upgraded yearly and that I would have to wait another year. When I inquired as to what they considered the "main line" they told me it was my daughters line. They were able to switch it to my line, so they can change what line is the "main line", but probably won't do it more than once.
    uhmmm I get what you're saying.... But how can you say it's not true? I am certain my wife is the recognized premire member at this time. I know you can switch phones on lines, etc ..... That's how we initially setup our plan cuz I had an upgrade and sprint let me upgrade then roll my phone over to the secondary line on her plan. Never said they couldn't change it.

    my comment was to the point that I am coming up on my 10 years combined with the fact that we both upgrade at the same time (to keep us on the same contract terms), so when that 12 month upgrade comes around we will see what happens.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 01/22/2010 at 03:19 PM.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    will be a new 2yr contract. not on the old term.
    So first one ends and a new one begins. Right? Basically a wash?
  20. kd0axs's Avatar
    Posts
    282 Posts
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    So first one ends and a new one begins. Right? Basically a wash?
    Yes, if you use an upgrade you are starting a new 2 year contract from the date you upgrade. So if you were to use an upgrade right now, your new contract would end 1/22/2012. It makes no difference how much time you have left on your current contract.

    Also, for those wanting to use the 25% accessory discount, it is valid only at corporate Sprint Stores. Many "Sprint Stores" are franchised stores and are not required to honor the discount. Some may honor it and some may not.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions