1.    #1  
    My Pre is noticeably faster and smoother overall after the 1.3.5 update, No more choppy scrolling and slowdowns while doing simple tasks like it used to. Contacts, app catalog, phone app, apps like facebook, tweed etc. Feel the love also. I wonder why nobody talks about this more often? Palm promised a speed increase and It was a much needed overall performance optimization
    Last edited by Mike20PR; 01/19/2010 at 02:21 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Every big update adds a little to the performance, the problem is there is still some choppiness there it's not fully optimized just yet. The next update, 1.4, has already been announced as having more of a performance increase, so if you really like it now, you'll LOVE it next month I imagine. It's already been discussed last month. They've just been buried under all the negative threads.
    yeah i just got my pre so i have nothing to compare to but there is def still choppiness and slowdowns. especially when navigating launcher pages with alot of apps
  4.    #4  
    1.3.5 was the biggest leap in performance in my eyes, can't wait for 1.4 to see what it brings. I don't know why there are still so many negative threads at this time. WebOS has matured into a full featured OS and filled most of the needed gaps to make a top contender.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    1.3.5 was the biggest leap in performance in my eyes, can't wait for 1.4 to see what it brings. I don't know why there are still so many negative threads at this time. WebOS has matured into a full featured OS and filled most of the needed gaps to make a top contender.
    1.3.5 is indeed the biggest jump. There are still rough edges. and we should forgive people for wanting better and better stuff.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    One of the obvious performance enhancement in 1.3.5 is I no longer get the "too many card open" error. I notice that when you have the "Wrap launcher" patch installed, you no longer have smooth scrolling in the launcher page. For this reason alone, I uninstalled that patch and now I have smooth scrolling.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
    yeah i just got my pre so i have nothing to compare to but there is def still choppiness and slowdowns. especially when navigating launcher pages with alot of apps
    I have 1.3.5... and earlier today had to restart Luna TWICE, as well as encountering the "too many cards" message... with ONE card open. FAIL.

I'm a big fan of WebOS, but we're far from optimized.
    I thought 1.3.5 Resolved my "touch sensitivity issues". See my thread. But lately it's slowly degraded as It is certainly not as fast as the day I upgraded to 1.3.5.
    It is now very choppy when just running Pandora and the web browser memory leak has gotten worse so I constantly get the "too many cards" error.

Looking forward to 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    My Pre is noticeably faster and smoother overall after the 1.3.5 update, No more choppy scrolling and slowdowns while doing simple tasks like it used to. Contacts, app catalog, phone app, apps like facebook, tweed etc. Feel the love also. I wonder why nobody talks about this more often? Palm promised a speed increase and It was a much needed overall performance optimization
    I am in the same boat. The phone feels MUCH better and the typical degradation of performance hasn't been nearly as sharp as with previous updates. I still get what I call "bad pre days" but not nearly as many. It may partially be the fact that 1.3.1 was so unbelievably horrible on my device so the update just feels that much better. But yeah, I have been VERY happy. Just too bad I dropped my phone a week after I got everything back to where I like it and cracked the touch screen New Pre should be here today though, can't wait.
    Personally, I haven't seen any real difference. It's no faster or slower now than when I picked it up in June. The battery still drains at the same rate and lasts just as long now as it did in June.

Your milage may vary.
  11. Vez
    The real problem is that there is not enough memory. That 256m is getting quickly filled.
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzk3 View Post
    I have 1.3.5... and earlier today had to restart Luna TWICE, as well as encountering the "too many cards" message... with ONE card open. FAIL.

I'm a big fan of WebOS, but we're far from optimized.
    I kept getting the too many cards with one card open yesterday too. BUT i uninstalled the run browser in low memory patch (which is supposed to fix the issue) and havent had the problem since. running 8 cards right now flawless.

im pretty sure that patch wasnt meant for 1.3.5 and is why i had problems. check your patches because they could be messing things up if they were meant for older versions
    It did seem a bit faster, until the screen stopped responding.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Am I the only one who has noticed that Sprint Navigator has gotten much better at getting a GPS fix quickly, and has thus become actually usable?
    I'm getting the "Too many cards open" message with NO cards open? I have a 100% unmodified or patched pre too! What gives? This is my third pre and this is starting to get old. At first I was thinking it was something I did with patching vs. updates but with this one being bone stock it is starting to have some issues. I'm tired of talking the pre up, only to have it fail when I want to show it off... Every time! I really want to like this phone, but palm making it hard to do.

Quickly loosing faith!
    ^^ you need to restart that. its probrobly having issues unloading programs from the ram .

i wish there was homebrew for a task/proccess manager that shows whats running that ISNT showing up as cards. theres obviously a problem there