View Poll Results: Is 2600MAh worth the physical trade off?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Worth the trade off

19 30.65%
  • Not worth the trade off

43 69.35%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Do you think that the physical size of the 2600MAh battery extension is worth the increase in life?My Pre lasts me 3/4 of a day now with 3d games, so I need more power, the 1400's are abit pricey and the 2600's are a bit chuncky, so...whats it to be, charge twice a day, or have a chuncky monkey in ur jacket pocket??
    You should have a look at this versus that...
    Personally, I am near a charger throughout the most of my day so I don't have a particular reason to have an extended battery. It would be horrendous if my Pre was that huge. The thing would be like a concrete slab or a huge pebble...

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I voted no, not because of the size, but because of going to an extended battery means no Touchstone charger. The makers of these batteries just don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I voted no, not because of the size, but because of going to an extended battery means no Touchstone charger. The makers of these batteries just don't get it.
    Thats an excellent point as well...

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    The Pre has such horrible battery life that without a battery upgrade I wouldn't make it through the workday. Or an evening out (when I wouldn't have access to the charger) as it stands, I can barely make it 18 hours with the bubble backed battery on.

I say the increase it unfortunate, but i'd rather be able to use my device...

nb
    I charge in the car or throughout the day if needed, and carry an extra battery in my wallet, just in case. Doubling the size and weight is just not worth it.

Now, I have used extended batteries in the past, with my Treo's, and reserved their use for when I am going to be away from a power source for a longer period. Perhaps that would be a compromise? Get it and only use it on an as-needed basis?
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    Now, I have used extended batteries in the past, with my Treo's, and reserved their use for when I am going to be away from a power source for a longer period. Perhaps that would be a compromise? Get it and only use it on an as-needed basis?
    That is what I do, no need to give up using the touchstone unless I have to
    The closer I get to this:

The less I like the phone.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    If I could get 500-800 mAh more battery for 5-7mm, I'm jump on it. But not unless it is Touchstone compatible.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    I *love* my Seidio 2600 battery, and in fact prefer the (slightly) larger size, as it makes the Pre fits better and more securely in my hand. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I think they "get it"; I think they just may not have the engineering talent to make it happen, or think it economically worthwhile to do so, particularly given the commodity pricing of batteries and the relatively low percentage of Touchstone owners among the relatively low percentage of Pre owners out of the total smartphone market. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    I'll be the first to say that the Pre's battery life is TERRIBLE. I definitely wish it was better, but no way I'd be ok with a phone that thick. Though it drives me crazy that I have to stress about the amount of time I keep my phone off the charger, I would pick using a second battery over one HUGE one any day. I really wish they would figure out how to get a 2600 into a standard size battery.
    I agree with the majority of the posts here. I think the 2600 battery cover is just too big and clunky looking. I'll just keep a second charger at work.
    I just made a thread about this in the accessories forum. Personally I prefer a little extra girth to the Pre. It makes it MUCH easier to use the keyboard.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ery-cover.html

Its not linking for me. Its at the top of the page right now though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    I think they "get it"; I think they just may not have the engineering talent to make it happen, or think it economically worthwhile to do so, particularly given the commodity pricing of batteries and the relatively low percentage of Touchstone owners among the relatively low percentage of Pre owners out of the total smartphone market. {Jonathan}
    You base the low % on what fact? Many people have Touchstone's, henceforth now the new Pre's and Pixi's now come with Touchstone back covers.
    in between jobs so for the past few months I have not had easy access to a charger. Because I need a case for protection I decided to go with 2 smaller batteries and swap them each afternoon. I've had problems with seidio's innocase as the tabs don't hold up well when you open the case on a daily basis but recently bought sprints pre case (with the silver front) that can be opened frequently without breaking (at least it seems that way from my limited experience with it).
  18.    #18  
    I think the two battery option is a good way forward!!best of both worlds, just a pain to swap, but the 30seconds swapping seems better than the thicker pre, i have the official leather case and it defo wouldn't fit in there!!lol!But if palm carry on with battery optimization in 1.4, a 1400MAh may do the job!!
    Or you could keep a spare regular one with you and just change it when it near dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    You should have a look at this versus that...
    I resized the image so I could hold my Pre up to it on the monitor. It really does seem to double the thickness of the phone. I really wish I could hold one too see how it feels in the hand. I may end up going for the small upgrade option without the bigger cover as it may be just enough to get me through an evening away from a charger.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast