View Poll Results: Is 2600MAh worth the physical trade off?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Worth the trade off

19 30.65%
  • Not worth the trade off

43 69.35%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have been using the Seidio 2600 since August and I could not live without it. I am not to concerned with having a tiny phone. I got the man sized Pre.
    Wow, I was just about to start a thread exactly about this topic.

I want to get another battery or some sort of charger.

I don't know if I should get the extra regular battery or the super sized one.

If I get the super sized one, then I have to worry about accessories that I might want to add to my Pre, example covers or skins.

I also just noticed in the Sprint Store a Solar Powered backup power supply. That has a built in battery supply.

I am trying to get information on that. I did see it at the Sprint store located in New York City on 23rd Street and 5th Ave.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    I run the stock battery and honestly I get more than enough life out of it to get me through the day. I'll stream a little music, text, browse and play Asphalt and can still make it to bed with around 20%.
    IMHO, the single biggest factor in battery life is none of the tweaks that you suggest. Rather it's how strong is the signal where you tend to be. If you have consistently strong signal, you get better battery life. If you have inconsistent or consistently poor signal, your battery life is worse.

My home has pretty good signal. My work has terrible signal. I get much better battery life at home. None of the rest of the tweaks have mattered at all. I did several systematic tests using Battery Monitor, and the only thing I found that mattered was sprint signal strength.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    HI all,

1. Keep in mind, that I have never held a Pre, the only thing I have done is look at it online or in print ads.

However, is there any way to remove to contacts from the regular TS back and attach them to the extended back? I would think one would have drill thru the extended back to put the contacts in place.

2. Palm Spare Battery Charger for Pre, why cannot I affix a phone clip to the outside of this case and attach it to my belt, just as I already do with my Centro and it's holster.

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    MY solution was to get 2nd 1200mAh battery for 13€ and a wallcharger for 9€, that way I can use the 2nd batterypack when the first one dies and charge it while using the Pre like usual.
    Hi, Thank you, however, I did not mean those tweeks, I meant upcoming ones with the roll out of the Pre Plus. Isn't there supposed to be an other upgrade to the webOS just about the same time or a few weeks after the Pre Plus comes out.

I would think that it was an issue that would be addressed by Palm, after all they choose NOT to put a larger battery in the Pre Plus. Perhaps they have found ways around it, by modifying the soon to be released webOS update or other changes to the circuitry of the Pre Plus???

Take care, Jay

PS can't some of you who are handy with electronics, (this leaves me out of it), combine and/or modify the portion of the extended back with the touchstone back to make the extended back work on the touchstone?? Take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    The updates have improved my battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    I have been using the Seidio 2600 since August and I could not live without it. I am not to concerned with having a tiny phone. I got the man sized Pre.
    +1

The additional battery life of the Seido 2600 is worth giving up TS compatibility for me and I actually like the additional mass the back adds to the keyboard. I still find it fits in my front pocket without a problem.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I would strongly consider a thicker phone if the Touchstone would work. I would easily upgrade if this was a Pixi solution -- since that phone is almost "too thin" as it is:-)
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    +1

The additional battery life of the Seido 2600 is worth giving up TS compatibility for me and I actually like the additional mass the back adds to the keyboard. I still find it fits in my front pocket without a problem.
    Exactly, it really isn't that bulky either. Its a love/hate thing concerning the look of it though. At certain angles the Seidio looks like an old CRT monitor and at others it looks like pure sex.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I kill my battery by 1-3pm every day. I carry a Callpod Fueltank, which sometimes works great and sometimes I have to fuss around with it if I'm trying to charge in my bag. Usually works better if I lay it flat on a desk. I also carry 2 spare batteries (I acquired these from Asurion (on my 3rd Pre)). I bought a wall charger and top them off at night. So I have options.....it's not pleasant, but it works. I don't want the bulk of an extended battery, but if they become touchstone compatible, I may consider. I had the extended battery on my 755p, and I just couldn't kill the thing.
    For me, that's a big NO. I'll just charge my phone whenever possible, but your situation/preference may be different.
    Update:

I decided NOT to get the external or extra battery for the Pre.

Instead, I purchased something much cheaper and more versatile than an extra battery.

I purchased a 'TEKKEON MP1550 TekCharge Mobile Power & Battery Charger' from Buy.com at a price of $20. (free shipping).

Here is the link:

Tekkeon TekCharge MP1550 Battery Charger - MP1550 - Buy.com

What make this device so useful is that it can charge up your Pre or any device for that matter. It comes with almost all the dongles needed. It did not come with the one for the Pre, but that didn't matter as I had a Pre USB cable already, which worked just fine.

What does this do!

It can charge your Pre or any mobile device with either '2 or 4 AA batteries or 2 or 4 AA rechargeable batteries'.

And it can double as a charger to charger up those 'AA rechargeable batteries' (rechargeable only not the alkaline version).

It does not overcharge your device (the Pre).

You can charge up the rechargeable batteries via a USB hookup from your computer or an AC adapter (the AC adapter does not come with it but the cables do). Just get any AC to USB, power adapter, I had an old one that was under $4.

So for a total of maybe $25, it's a lot cheaper than purchasing that spare battery, which starts at $39 for the OEM Palm Original Battery and the $44 Seido Extended battery.

I'm surprised at how simple this thing is to use and it comes with a pouch to store all the included dongles.

And it's just about the size of a pack of cigarettes, but much thinner.

It has LED lights to let you know the status of charging the batteries (on the rear of the unit) and it has status lights on the front to provide status of charging your Pre or any compatible device.

I had also purchase the Motorola P790 version of this, which has not arrived yet, but that can ony do a charge of you device with it's built in batteries, that will last about 500 cycles.

So this TekCharge is not dependant on any built in battery going bad in a year, just replace the AA batteries.

Just think, if you have a discharged AA battery and you forgot to recharge the batteries, you can stop at any convience store and just buy yourself some AA batteries and your good to go in a pinch.

I also ordered, Lenmar PPUS20 PowerPort Solar Charger & External Portable Lithium Ion Battery to try out, the same kind of thing, but this has a solar panel so you can recharge the built in batteries via the sun, if you are unable to get to any sort of USB port or AC electrical outlet.

See link for this item:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bosnation0e-20

I found out to my happy surprise that it worked on my Stereo External Speakers by LG system, which doubles as a Speakerphone! Comes with a clip to hang on your visor in your car.

You can pause / fast forward / rewind / answer calls, etc.

Did I say it was a Bluetooth device!

Model: MSB-100 and it costs me about $24.

It came with it's own AC power adapter to be able to charge it's built in batteries.

I do recommend this as well!

So in the end, I solved my problem of my Pre's battery draining in the middle of the day when I'm out and listening to RadioTime's streaming radio app (available in Palm's App Catalog) well worth the money!

Hope this helps anyone else looking for this kind of stuff!

Rob
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 01/23/2010 at 06:02 AM. Reason: spelling
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123