View Poll Results: Is 2600MAh worth the physical trade off?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Worth the trade off

19 30.65%
  • Not worth the trade off

43 69.35%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    I resized the image so I could hold my Pre up to it on the monitor. It really does seem to double the thickness of the phone. I really wish I could hold one too see how it feels in the hand. I may end up going for the small upgrade option without the bigger cover as it may be just enough to get me through an evening away from a charger.
    The Seidio 2600 feels perfect to me. I'm just not a fan of the aesthetics. It also fits in my side holster just fine. If I were you I'd give the ebay 2250 mah a try.
    I think I'm getting this...

ZAGG | ZAGGsparq | 4 full iPhone charges, mobile battery, device charger, cellphone charger, portable battery pack, 6000 mAh lithium polymer battery, USB x2 at 1000 mAh output, AC 100-240 v/50/60 Hz

I can use it for any future device I'll have when traveling. I love my Pre right now, but should another company come up with a device that suits my needs better in the future, it should work with this as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    The Seidio 2600 feels perfect to me. I'm just not a fan of the aesthetics. It also fits in my side holster just fine. If I were you I'd give the ebay 2250 mah a try.
    I would consider it but I have a 1 year old and take a zillion pics a day and others have reported that the case from ebay messes up the camera. But the price certainly is right...
    I hear you. I have a two year old. Hopefully it won't or maybe a little dremel will take care of it if so. Seems like a good median. The Seidio26 really does feel perfect to me though.
    Last edited by stir fry a lot; 01/19/2010 at 02:56 PM.
    I just got the 2600 battery in the mail about a week ago. Honestly, it takes some getting used to. As you can probably tell from all the pictures, it is quite a bit bigger than with a standard battery. But I have been getting between 40 and 50 hrs worth off one charge, no lie. I used to get between 4 and 6 when the phone first came out so obviously this is a HUGE improvement. I use my phone on a regular basis, I play 3d games on breaks at work, I text frequently throughout the night, I dont call much because I work third shift and everyone is sleeping, but I do use ESPN's Live Updates to keep me in touch with my precious Laker Games. :-) I dont get very good service in the building either. So my final opinion on this battery is: Get it. Like stated in some of the previous posts, it makes texting a whole different experience and like I said, once you get used to it, you will be happy with your decision. Hope this helps.
  6.    #26  
    wow 40-50 hours is alot....

How thick is the 2250?I mean if ur gona bulk it up, is their any point in the 2250 over the 2600?
    You'll get 40-50 hours with moderately heavy use. I can easily make it to four days with mine. Its more than I need which is why I'm going with the 2250. I'm actually fine with the OE battery life and going bigger is more about comfort with me. I don't think the 2600's are too bulky per se but rather its hard to go that much bigger without deforming the original form of the Pre. They say the 2250 are about 1mm thinner than the 2600s. I really don't care for the shape and two tone color of the Seidio though. Its the design that makes it look so clumsy. The stock case feels makes the phone feel frail to me and having a little more junk in the trunk really makes the keyboard much easier to use. The 2600s really do provide copious amounts of battery life.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I voted no, not because of the size, but because of going to an extended battery means no Touchstone charger. The makers of these batteries just don't get it.
    if the battery has that much capacity, you might not need a touchstone.
  9.    #29  
    You'll get 40-50 hours with moderately heavy use. I can easily make it to four days with mine. Its more than I need which is why I'm going with the 2250. I'm actually fine with the OE battery life and going bigger is more about comfort with me. I don't think the 2600's are too bulky per se but rather its hard to go that much bigger without deforming the original form of the Pre. They say the 2250 are about 1mm thinner than the 2600s. I really don't care for the shape and two tone color of the Seidio though. Its the design that makes it look so clumsy. The stock case feels makes the phone feel frail to me and having a little more junk in the trunk really makes the keyboard much easier to use. The 2600s really do provide copious amounts of battery life.
    Good point about the keyboard, especially if ur lying down n hit the space bar, you end up with pre in ur face!!!a larger heavier back would minimize things like this
    I bought two extra stocks for $10 on ebay.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I don't have one of the super large capacity batteries.
    but I do carry a spare with me.

which comes out to the same thing really.
    =)
    also, the redux pre1 feels slimmer and has no creek.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I keep an extra battery in my wallet. 2600 though great, it's too bulky and not touchstone compatible.
    I really don't see what the fuss is with Touchstone. With the 2600 you only have to charge it every 3-4 days and its takes 20 minutes longer than the stock to top it off.

Two reasons I voted "not worth it"
    1. No touchstone support for oversized batteries
    2. Carrying a spare standard size battery is cheaper
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Hi, all, Since I do not have a Pre yet, (I am with V), I did not realize that the larger batteries will not work with the touchstone. I would think that Palm would make a back for a larger battery as an option, but no such luck???

I know somene is making a battery charger holder that is almost the same size as the battery. I am surprised that some firm does not come up with a battery holder, (meaning the battery charger could be plugged into it) and it would also have holster clip on it.

I will say this. I would rather have to decide what battery to choose and have it removable than to have a non removable battery, which for me has aways been one of the deal breakers for the IPhone, (the other being the lack of keyboard).

Also has any the tweekings of the system of the Palm Pre Plus, enable it to cuase the battery to last longer??

However, keep in mind that the Treo 300, 600 650 & Centro are/were all very hard on their batteries! I know b/c I have owned them all, (I curently have the Centro and wil not miss it when it is gone).
    Take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I really don't see what the fuss is with Touchstone.
    If you don't have a touchstone, then of course, there's no fuss. But if you have one, the 2600mah battery turns it into something that's more or less useless. I have a TS. I held out on getting one for over 5 months, finally getting one in late Nov. I now wish I had another one so that the most common places I set my phone, I'd just stick it on the TS. It's really quite convenient.

There are only 2 things I don't like about the touchstone:
    1. The fact that the screen stays on all the time when on the TS, making the TS a bad option on the nightstand.
    2. The fact that the device gets quite warm when charging on the TS
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    I would think that Palm would make a back for a larger battery as an option, but no such luck???
    Palm doesn't make or support the larger batteries. Those are 3rd party products.
    Also has any the tweekings of the system of the Palm Pre Plus, enable it to cuase the battery to last longer??
    Some of the tweaks definitely help. I found the smartreflex patch to help, as well as the cpu-scaling patch (no longer available in preware). But what you got in battery life, you lost in stability. Both of those patches made the device less stable for me, so I took them off.
    However, keep in mind that the Treo 300, 600 650 & Centro are/were all very hard on their batteries! I know b/c I have owned them all, (I curently have the Centro and wil not miss it when it is gone).
    Yeah, not as hard as the Pre is on its battery. The Pre has the exact same size battery as the centro, but a *much* faster process, and lot more memory, and a much more sophisticated OS. All of which consume power. With the centro, I had to charge the battery every night. But I could easily get through the day w/moderate to heavy usage - e.g. listening to music & podcasts for several hours. But with the Pre, if I do this, I'll get 5 maybe 6 hours before I'm dead.

Some releases of WebOS have helped a little. But overall, I've found that I need to carry a spare battery with me - especially on days that are heavy use days where I won't have easy access to a charger (e.g. taking the kids to an amusement park and taking lots of pictures). I prefer the spare battery to the oversized battery b/c it supports touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Homebrew your phone and add GPS, bluetooth, and screen brightness toggles to your menu tab. Keep WIFI on and set your emails to refresh every 5 minutes if push isn't a necessity. I run the stock battery and honestly I get more than enough life out of it to get me through the day. I'll stream a little music, text, browse and play Asphalt and can still make it to bed with around 20%. Maybe my phone is special but I think I could make the 2600 last a week even with the occasional game, music or web browsing usage. The updates also seem to have drastically increased my battery life.
    I think they need to come out with with some sort of slim line battery. Take the original thickness of the battery and add another one on top of it then spread it out to use the whole back of the phone. What im trying to say is not just build the battery upwards but up and spread it out. So that way u can fit maybe a 2800mah battery but not much thickness.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast