Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Well I am looking to get my first smartphone and really excited that the Pre Plus will be offered next Monday on Verizon. After looking through some of the threads regarding the Pre's e-mail application, I have some concern as to how it would handle e-mail attachments. Basically, what I was planning to do is have my work e-mail set up on an exchange server so I can sync e-mails, contacts, and calendar items. The nature of my work requires the transfer of files such as documents, spreadsheets, pdfs, and AutoCAD drawings. I was hoping to be able to receive these files and copy the attachments to my laptop, preferably using Bluetooth. At that point I could review and edit the attachment, save the attachment to the Pre, put the attachment in an e-mail, and send it on its way.

I know that Verizon will offer the ability to use the Pre as a wifi hotspot, but knowing them, it would probably cost me another $30 per month and that is not in my wireless budget right now.

Have any of the latest updates given the user an option to save attachments to a specific location or would I still need the internalz program to root into the pre to find them? Also, does the Pre have the ability to share files via bluetooth?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Bluetooth file transfer = "No" right now.

You can download files but will need to connect to your computer via the USB cable to get them off the device.