1.    #1  
    Well like the tile says, I have some debri inside the camera.

I'll let the picture do the talking:

The question is this, Is this piece of material from something inside the Pre? (circuit board or whatever) Kinda looks like the golden antenna foil all over the inside of the device.

Could it be something found itself in there from the outside? I find this doubtful since my phone is pretty well taken care of. Not to mention that its a pretty straight piece whatever it is and it doesnt look like something would easily get in there. I can see dust and dirt something like that, but this is a pretty large piece.

Anyone see anything like this?
    Palez vouz francais?

If the debris answers, then it is foriegn....

.... in all seriousness, it would be hard to tell if it is a piece of the phone or not. My guess is that it is not a part of the phone. You can take really good care of you phone and still get junk in there.

Still not seeing how an enclosed space such as the camera would allow such stuff to penetrate. Must be really thin, and rigid, which rules out just about everything in the phone.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    yes it's foreign. search this forum and you will find post of people that have piece of tobacco or whatever lint from putting it in the pocket. not a common issue but has been reported here.

Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Well like the tile says, I have some debri inside the camera.

I'll let the picture do the talking:

The question is this, Is this piece of material from something inside the Pre? (circuit board or whatever) Kinda looks like the golden antenna foil all over the inside of the device.

Could it be something found itself in there from the outside? I find this doubtful since my phone is pretty well taken care of. Not to mention that its a pretty straight piece whatever it is and it doesnt look like something would easily get in there. I can see dust and dirt something like that, but this is a pretty large piece.

Anyone see anything like this?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Still not seeing how an enclosed space such as the camera would allow such stuff to penetrate.

Thats why I find it odd.

Like I said I can understand lint/dirt/ tabacco etc getting in there as none of those things are rigid, but this is sorta odd.

I cant for the life of me figure out how something like that would be able to squeeze in between the battery cover and the phone and then proceed to make it inside of the camera?
    I have some lint or something inside my camera lens, luckily out of the view.

Any clue how to get this kind of stuff out?
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
  6.    #6  
    I watched a disassembly video on the Pre and the camera was not removed. It's just on the main board like the Treos were.

so I doubt that there is an easy way to get something out.
    If the object is on the outside (instead of inside), get a LensPen that is made for cell phone cameras. It is a tiny brush that fits in the lens area to clean it out. The only problem with it is that it is easy to lose - can't find mine.