1.    #1  
    good morning all

at present, to use our phones we have to press the power button, and unlock by swiping up. A patch that did all that in 1 action would be fantastic, wouldn't it? Gesture up unlocks and wakes the phone back up.

I have an Exchange email account, so I dont have the luxury of removing the lock. Not having a lock would certainly resolve this.

Is this doable?

I thank regardless.
    i agree. turning on and unlocking is awkward. i often felt the lower center button should be the power button, then you could push that and swipe up (i swipe off to the side) in one fluid motion.

also, there is no need to have the launcher icon on the launcher bar, since a swipe up from just below that icon also brings up the launcher. I would like a patch that removes that icon.

preware is awesome!
    I am with you! I have been asking for a patch to get rid of the "drag to unlock" screen. Must not be possible
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    good morning all

at present, to use our phones we have to press the power button, and unlock by swiping up. A patch that did all that in 1 action would be fantastic, wouldn't it? Gesture up unlocks and wakes the phone back up.

I have an Exchange email account, so I dont have the luxury of removing the lock. Not having a lock would certainly resolve this.

Is this doable?

I thank regardless.
    You get the same effect if you just slide open your Pre. (powers on and unlocks)
    correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this require a lot more power from the battery when the screen is off. Currently I believe when the screen is off the touchscreen does not work. To have this on all the time would probably drain our batteries even faster.
    Last edited by sraatc17; 01/19/2010 at 07:45 PM. Reason: spelling