Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Just doctor it.

Its obviously not a widespread problem so you blaming Palm for this is silly.
    How is this NOT Palm's fault? Its their phone, their update, on a plain vanilla phone that I haven't customized except for the background picture.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Sometimes things get corrupted, that's why Palm provided the doctor. You probably didn't do anything out of the ordinary, but you update may have been screwed up. Use the doctor. I'm very happy with 1.3.5.1 other than the wifi battery drain problem many are having.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Thanks to those who contributed something worthwhile....
    Quote Originally Posted by ION-q View Post
    How is this NOT Palm's fault? Its their phone, their update, on a plain vanilla phone that I haven't customized except for the background picture.
    Because Palm can't control if data gets a bit corrupted when installing.

Same with any Operating System install. But like I and many have said...just doctor it. they gave a great tool to combat any data errors.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Brain Mantis;2163303]Palm provided an awesome tool for the Pre/Pixi that allows you to basically perform a clean reinstalltion of the OS making it damn near impossible to software brick your phone as well as making an easy way to solve non widespread issues.

I did just doctor my Pre.. so far so good.. I will keep u guys posted if my pre goes in the crapper again.. but before the doctoring the problem i had was exactly the same as your ION-q and it was insufferably annoying almost to the point where you want to throw the phone out the window.

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by ION-q View Post
    There are many things that can go wrong. For example, if you are going in and out of weak/strong service area while downloading the update, it couldve been downloaded incorrectly (and before u say well then palm should fix that - my friend on his iPhone had that happen and also my friend with his blackberry did)

Software is very complicated and very delicate. Computers malfunction for random reason(yes macs too ) and a smartphone is a computer. Thus there will be issues because nothing is perfect. Doctor it please.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12