1.    #1  
    My ex is a physco and wont stop calling my phone. He calls 300+ times a day. (His record was 417) This has been going on for a 2 months and I have finally reached my limit. Is there anything I can do? Changing my number is a last resort.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Call Sprint, tell them and they can block a particular phone number.
    Restraining order?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    download the youview app from the homebrew apps and make an account on youmail, once there you can add his number to a blocked caller list and when he calls it will say that your number has been disconnected & hopefully he should stop calling by then =)

sorry im not too good at details but i know it can be done =)
    Want a call block, theres a patch for that! Call/block rejected in Preware. You just make a contact called: Do Not Answer. Any number in that contact should get blocked.

EDIT: It seems that even though they won't come through to you, they can still leave voicemail. Here is a work around post, you'll need Google voice so that it can deny that option and state your number is out of service. Here is the post that describes how it all works.
    Some reason its screwing up the link so just copy and paste into browser.

forums.precentral.net/2010732-post96.html
    Here if you are having better luck than I am.

http://forums.precentral.net/2010732-post96.html
    Last edited by LupeValenz; 01/19/2010 at 09:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by karend1009 View Post
    My ex is a physco and wont stop calling my phone. He calls 300+ times a day. (His record was 417) This has been going on for a 2 months and I have finally reached my limit. Is there anything I can do? Changing my number is a last resort.
    If you need help getting YouMail or YouView setup to help with this just send me a PM and I will walk you through this. Situations like this suck and I would be glad to help you out.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    set up google voice with sprint number.
    Let all the calls go to message.
    You can configure google voice to send messages back to your phone as SMS text or email attached with voice file.
    You can screen the voicemail based on the incoming number .
    Call Sprint and then the police. What he is doing is illegal.

In the meantime, adding the Call Block patch will help.
    yeah restraining order without a doubt.
    Uh... change your number?
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Uh... change your number?
    Not always an option for everyone. Some people (such as myself) would refuse to change their number, others have jobs where a steady contact number is vital to their job and changing it isn't an option. One of the first things I was told by a music advisor when starting my band was "Whatever your contacts are right now, you better keep them. Changing email addresses and phone numbers will cost you business."
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Google voice is your best bet. You can block his number and at the same time it will allow you to document the calls for any future legal action you may choose to pursue against him. If you get Gdial it will allow you to have visual voicemail so you don't have to listen to any of his messages as well.

Good luck and don't be afraid to get help.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    Short of buying a google phone nbr on ebay how does one get a Google nbr without waiting on Google's wait list.
    Sprint can't block phone calls, plus there is nothing stopping the person from calling from a different phone number if Sprint somehow had a way.

This is seriously a matter for the police and not some sort of phone app workaround. Contact the local police and inform them of the situation. They will be able to give you the best advice as to how to get this sort of thing stopped.
    As other people have suggested, you can use Google Voice. Currently, it's invite-only, but if you want an invite send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you one.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    It may be a hassle but maybe it's time for a new Google Voice number and add gdialpro to your application list. GV lets you screen calls and keep your mobile number to yourself.

Also, call the police and make the phrase "restraining order" your friend.

Good luck.

GV is still by invite only, if you need a number just let the forum know as there are many people out there with available invites.
    For whatever reason, the "blocker patch" hasnt been working for me since the last update. I've even doctored the phone and re-applied the patch.. Have the #'s under "Do Not Answer" and they still ring
    I think the best option is the police. If you block his number, he'll probably try to call you from a different phone to check.