1.    #1  
    Bluetooth has been around a while, hasn't it? Anyone knows when we should expect this phone to have a Bluetooth that actually works?
    What do you mean by "actually works" ?

Mine works with headset and for PAN tethering.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    Bluetooth has been around a while, hasn't it? Anyone knows when we should expect this phone to have a Bluetooth that actually works?
    Euhm.. could you be more specific?

Since a lot of people around here (me included) have everything working using bluetooth.
    First of all, we're missing BT file transfer.
    Second, PAN is Europe only.

I do wish Palm would maintain the same version of OS around the world. The carrier specific apps should be treated as a separate add-on package. Not just for functionality, but also, I bet there's people here in the US who wants to use their device in Germen or any other language that's not English/Spanish.
    all thanks to the iphone, now nobody gives bluetooth file transfer
    what was considered a norm in europe is being removed for some reason
    Quote Originally Posted by intellidryad View Post
    I do wish Palm would maintain the same version of OS around the world.
    That would be great if Palm did not want to sell any phones. I bet Palm wishes they could as well.

Its all up to the carriers these days. Without pleasing the carriers you sell nothing.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by joebel View Post
    Euhm.. could you be more specific?

Since a lot of people around here (me included) have everything working using bluetooth.
    Lucky you then! How did you make it work?!?

My PALM Treo650 had a brilliant bluetooth, could do anything, transfer files and so on, with the Palm Pre it doesn't even connect to my d^mn PC at home...

My PALM Treo650 had a brilliant bluetooth, could do anything, transfer files and so on, with the Palm Pre it doesn't even connect to my d^mn PC at home...
    yeah you can't connect with laptops, to do file transfers etc

i know, i know, basic! lol
    hope palm adds this

Well.. I use it for these weird bluetooth things , like bluetooth headsets, tethering and such boring things. Which it does very well for me.

As for file transfers: openssh (sftp) over my wifi connection. Never considered bluetooth for that one.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by joebel View Post
    As for file transfers: openssh (sftp) over my wifi connection. Never considered bluetooth for that one.
    which is very useful when you're at the pub with no wifi connection whasoever and would like to exchange picture with your mates...
    Quote Originally Posted by intellidryad View Post
    First of all, we're missing BT file transfer.
    Second, PAN is Europe only.
    For file transfer, dropbear + scp, or browse using sftp on a virtual file system. Obviously, both have to be online via wifi.

The main bluetooth issue I have is sound quality over A2DP and Handsfree. Not sure which is at fault though, the car's head unit or the phone. Anybody else having problems with distortion/static at the high end over A2DP?
    which is very useful when you're at the pub with no wifi connection whasoever and would like to exchange picture with your mates...
    I see what you mean. Different set of requirements.
    I thought I read somewhere, people are working on getting a better bluetooth stack or something. There are people with the same ideas. If palm dosent want to do it themselves, someone out here will.

It should be called the palm patience! But the fact that people are able to is one reason I love my pre. I used 6gigs last month tethering. Sucks having a cable...

winscp portable on the usb drive on the pre. Every one has microusb cable..so I can get and send files while at a friends house
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 01/20/2010 at 01:32 AM.