Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    For those of you that remember, my original Launch date Pre was stolen at a social gathering Last year.

Well First off , my original Pre showed up, wrapped in a towel missing the back and battery and was water logged. (tested, still works)

Second, having had the replacement for nearly 4 or 5 months now, and to be honest I'm thinking about switching over to my original, Simply because this Replacement is ********, and absolute P.O.S.
    Well, technically you wouldn't be able to since you reported it stolen. I don't know if they can lift it from being black-listed if you found the phone again yourself.
    But you can keep the original and use it as a wifi device. It actually works out pretty well. You can still Doctor the phone if you need to and bypass activation
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Well, technically you wouldn't be able to since you reported it stolen. I don't know if they can lift it from being black-listed if you found the phone again yourself.
    i definitely do not want palm to maintain a such list.

for OP, just call sprint and active the original one.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    i definitely do not want palm to maintain a such list.

for OP, just call sprint and active the original one.
    Palm does not maintain the "black list" its done by Sprint.

Basically if a phone is marked lost or stolen it can no longer be activated on the sprint network.
    thanx for the info.

Not even legit owner can remove the block?
    I dont know.. But they may think you reported it stolen just to get a new one from insurance. It's up to you if you want to try this.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Have you tried calling the carrier and offering to return the (unwanted) replacement device?