I don't mind pay money.

Palm: Please give me app catelog (Pay version) to me
    Go to the US and buy a CDMA.
    harsh
    Well, then send him one.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Well, then send him one.
    lol

well its not fair we have to wait, for another 2 months, and even then there is no assurances we'll get the games

ah well, what to do...
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    lol

well its not fair we have to wait, for another 2 months, and even then there is no assurances we'll get the games

ah well, what to do...
    You can buy him a return ticket New York, ánd give him the money for a CDMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    lol

We're in the same boat and it certainly isn't fair that we have to wait, but I'm not sure from where you (and it would appear you're not alone) are taking the pessimist idea that some games might not come to Europe. Nobody would gain anything by it, not Palm who would get fewer downloads and apps, not the Devs who would make less money.

The only thing that might keep some apps out of Europe is that country filter that's in the Catalog now.
    I don't know since I haven't had my Pre since November (sent device in to have very bad Oreo fixed, and I still have to receive it back after some dire screwups that O2, their logistics company and Palm are all pointing at each other for) but I understand that right now if you're in Germany like me, you can't download apps from the catalog that have been flagged by the dev as "for use in the USA". Is that really true? I remember those flags but when I had my Pre they were just there...

It's not like they didn't make sense either, I guess most US customers would react adversely to see a foreign-language app in their precious catalog (I've seen some seriously bad reactions to German apps...) and I'm not sure I myself would like a catalog where I have to scroll around just to find apps in my languages.
    But wouldn't it make so much more sense then to have LANGUAGE flags for the apps and allowing users to set up a list of languages they want to filter apps for? In my case that would be English and German. I'm sure that latinos wouldn't mind seeing English and Spanish apps. And if a French guy on SFR doesn't speak English, well, nobody forces him to check any language but French.

In any case I don't think that major players like EA or gameloft or what have you would impose such a limit on their apps. A shortsighted dev with a regional approach to his own life might, but we're talking big companies here. They'll do nothing to put a border on their markets.
    their are ways to get the 3d games onto a GSM pre, without paying...but i'm more interested in a patch which allows us to buy apps designed for the us!leave it up to us to decide if we want them!!!
    Last edited by phil.hsr; 01/19/2010 at 12:58 PM.
    i have it. I can give it to you.
    If you are violating copyright, you don't belong on this forum.
    just a joke
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jiajiahairui View Post
    just a joke
    Nice save .
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by jiajiahairui View Post
    just a joke
    just a liar
    you shouldn´t be so harsh, maybe it really was a joke
    I want to play it too.. but I think it will take some time till we get it.
    Last edited by Holliefant; 01/20/2010 at 09:59 AM.
    You should probably make your complaints on the actual Palm forums I don't think the "Decision Makers" who would determine what they do in which countries visit or get reports from this site.

Also, you have no idea how complicated and costly international business is, if you want to be proactive go to your leading governmental body and ask them to remove all taxes and restrictions on sale of Palm products and services.
    If you are violating copyright, you don't belong on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannydos View Post
    Andyouthankedthatmoron!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldpau View Post
    I can't wait.

I don't mind pay money.

Palm: Please give me app catelog (Pay version) to me
    Full Paid App Catalog with the ability to buy and download is possible on GSM Pre's with the correct knowhow.

But if you dont, wait till March, or sell your soul to Satan and go illegal.
    How legal is that? ;-)
    You'd have to buy a CDMA and have a US palm profile and credit card to be completely legit.

Urmmm, no comment -.-

But on a serious note, i dont see anywhere in Palm's T&C use explicitly stating full App Catalog from outside the US is prohibited =)
    You you you!
    I already thought you were kinda quiet on the forum! You were just to busy doing other stuff! Good for you!
    Well .......

You know that thread "How to get Full US App catalog outside the US" you posted? I thought it deserved a conclusion, so i trialled and tested a few theories and it worked out
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast