Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    After about a week and a 1,000+ SMS later, my Pre's keyboard crapped out. I've tried everything to try and get it working again. Until I get a new one I'm stuck with the virtual keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    After about a week and a 1,000+ SMS later, my Pre's keyboard crapped out. I've tried everything to try and get it working again. Until I get a new one I'm stuck with the virtual keyboard.
    most likely its not dead, just disconnected slightly from the Motherboard. its connected to through the slider to the screen (sorta) anyway try removing the batt and pressing firmly Behind the pre (NOT on the screen as i take no responsibility if you crack your screen) press where your esn sticker is with the phone in slid up position than reboot
    I just had this happen last night.

Remove battery. Restart phone.

Worked for me.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    I just had this happen last night.

Remove battery. Restart phone.

Worked for me.
    I was reading up on solutions online, and that worked. Simply restarting didn't help. This extended battery (1350mAh) takes slightly a bit more space. I guess that's why it happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    I was reading up on solutions online, and that worked. Simply restarting didn't help. This extended battery (1350mAh) takes slightly a bit more space. I guess that's why it happened.
    this happened to me. a simple restart did not work. BUT pulling the battery for 15 seconds did. try that.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    this happened to me. a simple restart did not work. BUT pulling the battery for 15 seconds did. try that.
    Definitely works, happened to me for the first time yesterday and was fixed in a few minutes.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    Re-read what I said. I said a simple restart did NOT help.
    I had to do that to my wifes Pre, kids got ahold of it and dropped it. It needed a battery pull not just a reset. Anyone know if its a cable that's connected or some metal on metal connection between the two parts?
    I hate to revive an old thread like this, but does anyone know where there are any teardown instructions for removing or replacing the keyboard on a Pre?

I have a Pre 2 with a dead keyboard and want to at least get to the point where I can check if it it is simply disconnected from the mainboard.

I have the phone disassembled to the point where the back bezel and com board are removed so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    I hate to revive an old thread like this, but does anyone know where there are any teardown instructions for removing or replacing the keyboard on a Pre?

I have a Pre 2 with a dead keyboard and want to at least get to the point where I can check if it it is simply disconnected from the mainboard.

I have the phone disassembled to the point where the back bezel and com board are removed so far...
    I have a complete disassembly video all the way down to the screen.. Tried uplaoding to YouTube but they wouldn't accept it as its over 15 minutes long

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I'm uploading it to vimeo.. Should be finished soon
    Here's part 1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums