1.    #1  
    just think I should share the test I did regarding stock 1150mAh battery.

observations:

1. wifi on does not consume extra battery when not pulling data
    2. in airplane mode, standby, battery drain is <1%/hr
    3. phone on, standby, battery drain is 2-3%/hr
    4. when AIM on, battery drain is 5-7%/hr
    5. casual web browsing, battery drain is 10-16%/hr
    6. intense data pulling, either by 3G, or by wifi, battery drain is 20-30%/hr
    7. lower email checking frequency significantly increase battery life.
    I got my pre right before 1.3.1 dropped i believe...it was early dec either way. i use it pretty frequently at home and about. Wifi is on all the time unless im at work, since i cant connect to a network there anyway. Im not a power user at all, but I do get on the web all the time to just kill time: ie wifi is on all the time....and I have to say that i have been getting great battery usage. I usually get 24-30 hours per charge..aside from extreme usage and I have been loving my Pre everyday since I got it. Initially when looking into switching phones the battery issue was the only one that gave me any hesitations. But i got the Pre and i have been enamored with it ever since. Im sorry i dont have any clear cut observations, but i just wanted to through my experience out there. BTW, I just started with the Homebrew today so my phones been naked until now.
  3. sko
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Do we need to fully drain the battery a few times to get the most out of it?
  4.    #4  
    Fully draining of li-ion battery won't increase the capacity.

But it might help the state of battery estimate. I would do it once.
    Last edited by clevin; 01/19/2010 at 01:32 AM.
    ehh.. My idle drain with gtalk connected, tweed free, push email is about 1.8
    errr using wifi
  7.    #7  
    how many emails did you get in the test period?

how much battery drain if you stream music for 1 hr (using some free shoutcase apps)?
    The OP has described my battery usage perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    how many emails did you get in the test period?

how much battery drain if you stream music for 1 hr (using some free shoutcase apps)?
    Bumping this because I'd like to know as well.