Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not sure if anyone actually answered your question but here's my answer:

If you're at least ONE year into your plan with the same phone since day 1, you are eligible to upgrade to a new phone under the price comparable to a new customer discount. If say for example, you mom updated her plan 6 months into the family plan, this does NOT affect your eligibility. So I would say go check out the Palm Pre and you can get a discount.

Also, regarding your Samsung - either give it to Verizon so they can donate it to abused mothers (it's doesnt' have to be a verizon phone since they use it to call emergency) or you can donate it to the Haiti earthquake victims. They are desperate looking for used cell phones. Good luck, man.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    Not sure if anyone actually answered your question but here's my answer:

If you're at least ONE year into your plan with the same phone since day 1, you are eligible to upgrade to a new phone under the price comparable to a new customer discount. If say for example, you mom updated her plan 6 months into the family plan, this does NOT affect your eligibility. So I would say go check out the Palm Pre and you can get a discount.

Also, regarding your Samsung - either give it to Verizon so they can donate it to abused mothers (it's doesnt' have to be a verizon phone since they use it to call emergency) or you can donate it to the Haiti earthquake victims. They are desperate looking for used cell phones. Good luck, man.
    Are you saying I can upgrade my phone after a year the same price as a new line?
    Quote Originally Posted by prr View Post
    Are you saying I can upgrade my phone after a year the same price as a new line?
    Yes. Just call them and they can give you all the details.
  4.    #24  
    I am not a premium member though.
    I am not a premium member though.
    if you are using a pre, you will be.
  6.    #26  
    That's the thing, I don't have a pre yet! Lol.
  7.    #27  
    So can I?
    So can I?
    If you have been with Sprint for six or more months and have had a monthly plan of $69.99 or higher for three or more, you qualify to be a Sprint Premier Customer, and that entitles you to an upgrade price for a phone that normally you'd have to wait a whole other year for.
  9.    #29  
    is it free?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12