Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I wish we had this game....
    thats hot.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    This is why the iPhone will never be a true handheld replacement for me. The driving controls in this video are cringeworthy to say the least. There are games where it doesn't matter, but with this game I wouldn't even bother.

I bought the Pre for it's keyboard. If they port it over I hope they'll use it. That'll be a big plus..
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    I have this game on my iPhone, the controls work fine. The keyboard on the pre is wayy too cramped for any games. And yes, I wish I had this on my Pre although the battery wouldn't last 10 minutes, and you can start a sentence with and fyi.
    pretty BA dood
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    I have this game on my iPhone, the controls work fine.
    Well, you probably don't mind the iPhone keyboard as well?
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Well, you probably don't mind the iPhone keyboard as well?
    Not at all, after 2+ years it grows on you. Unfortunately, at&t doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    This is why the iPhone will never be a true handheld replacement for me. The driving controls in this video are cringeworthy to say the least. There are games where it doesn't matter, but with this game I wouldn't even bother.

I bought the Pre for it's keyboard. If they port it over I hope they'll use it. That'll be a big plus..
    +10

I REALLY hope EA, Rockstar, Gameworks, etc, start "re-engineering" their apps instead of just porting them over. I know it's not as simple as "copy & paste" so I hope they take a little more time and add some bindings for the Pre keyboard. If you've played the latest update of Quake, it is a beautiful mix of virtual joystick and hardware keys that makes the game kick azz.

That would allow Pre versions to be "improved" in that you wouldn't need 4000 icons, and buttons all over the screen covering what you are trying to see. Here's to hoping...
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    The Pre's keyboard is decent for typing, but it fails at gaming. Try playing Street fighter or mario tennis on VBA, its about twice as difficult as it should be. Also the Pre's tiny 3.1" screen is too small for any usable on screen buttons. Don't let your fanboyism distort reality. The iPhone has been a successfull gaming platform for a reason.
    I have been playing Metroid Fusion on VBA with no problem at all. I prefer it over the onscreen joysticks on my iTouch. I dont like the onscreen controls because the have no feedback.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    I have been playing Metroid Fusion on VBA with no problem at all. I prefer it over the onscreen joysticks on my iTouch. I dont like the onscreen controls because the have no feedback.
    Gameboy was never meant for touch screens, and there not much to Metroid Fusion besides running and jumping. You don't need to move in that many directions besides forward.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Weak controls...I would like to see some more accelerometer action here. A separate left and right on-screen button for driving? Seriously? They would have been better off keeping the virtual joystick.

Other than that, I like what I see.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    after watching the video I'll agree it doesn't look easy to play. I don't even like the overhead view, I'd prefer 3d person, anyway if they had used a joystick_it would have been fine. In actuality, I see this becoming a new standard some day, virtual controls. I would imageine haptic feedback would be important to add, but overall I like the virtual buttons. They are dynamic and change and having the touchscreen eliminates the need for some buttons and adds new possibilites. Like in the video, where you have to break into the cars urself. That's stuff that would make touchscreen gaming big and give more platforms for games as well. Makes the idea of a psphone or windows mobile 7 phone with live games seem very easily possible.
    I have only searched a little, but wouldn't it be great if the little "trackball" could be used for gaming?
    This is why I don't see iPhone as gaming platform. Touch screen only controls suck. I'll stay with my DS. I see touch screen controls be good for puzzle games, and point and click adventures like Phoenix wright.