Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As I sit here reading about the pre plus and verizon, I think...its so bull**** I have had a pre since launch day with a 2 yr contract and don't even have an option of upgrading to the plus unless I break my contract and go to verizon! Should I be mad at someone? Sprint, Palm, Verizon, Myself?? I feel like I have stood by sprint and palm from the beginning, through the bugs and the new pre's, and I feel like I'm getting **** on by not having the option to upgrade first!.... Don't get me wrong I love my phone and webOs but does anyone else feel this way at all???
    The pre+ is pretty small incremental upgrade really. Even if it came to Sprint do you really think Sprint will allow you to upgrade?

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have twice as much memory but it doesn't all of a sudden make the pre I have less of a phone.
    If you do a search you'll find this has been discussed, but I don't see why you'd be mad at all. After a year (which in your case will be June) you'll be eligible to upgrade and by then there will be other phones you will probably be interested in. There may even be a Pre 2 by then.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdog197804 View Post
    As I sit here reading about the pre plus and verizon, I think...its so bull**** I have had a pre since launch day with a 2 yr contract and don't even have an option of upgrading to the plus unless I break my contract and go to verizon! Should I be mad at someone? Sprint, Palm, Verizon, Myself?? I feel like I have stood by sprint and palm from the beginning, through the bugs and the new pre's, and I feel like I'm getting **** on by not having the option to upgrade first!.... Don't get me wrong I love my phone and webOs but does anyone else feel this way at all???
    No, you shouldn't be mad at someone. I have a three year lease on my car, and I don't get upgrades when the newer versions of my car come out. Newer versions of the Pre don't change the qualities of the one you bought.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    You should be happy. PrePlus going to verizon means that the pre will get exposed to much larger potential market. If they buy it you should also be happy because this means that more developers will develop for the platform because the users base is larger. You should also be happy because if you have paid your bill on time and have a everything plan Sprint will make you a Premier customers and you will be able to upgrade in 1 year instead of 2 years. You should also be happy because the pundents are pretty sure that the Pre 2 will come out around June on Sprint.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Well, this would be the perfect forum to be mad.. It seems the anger ratio is a tad higher over here...
  7.    #7  
    OK.. Im happy again!! I knew i could count on you guys to lift my spirts!! Thanks! must just be having a bad day! All points are valid and good... i guess i will just wait for my Pre 2 with a smile on my face!
    All manufactures make new phones. That's the business they are in. Why would you expect palm to stop making a better phone after the Pre came out. I hope that 6 months or a year after the Pre Plus comes out they will make another new model. You should be happy that Webos will be on more devices and more carriers.
    the pre plus doesn't have anything other then more memory that would make it worth more then the original pre.... it's no big deal.... plus verizon plans on raping people in terms of charges that come with the pre plus and using it to it's potential
    Verizon is getting a small upgrade to a phone that has already been out for over 7 months. In another 5 months, we'll (probably) be getting a big upgrade. I'm not jealous of Verizon in the least.
    I'd be mad if I were you. Not about the Pre, just mad in general... If I were you...
    since the WebOS will needs more than two years to reach its full potential, and Pre's hardware is quite capable, any CPU/Memory/HDD/GPU related slight upgrade is really not worth of much envy.

Now, if the new pre has 4G radio, front camera, new battery technology, microsd slot... these, would be significant hardware upgrade.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    You should be mad at yourself for not understanding technology enough to make such a silly post.

Technology progresses. There is this thing called Moore's Law. Computers and phones are going to be more powerful in the next couple months than they are this month. Always buy gadgets knowings something better, faster, maybe cheaper, will almost certainly be out in a very short time. Getting upset about that is NUTS.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    This is the world of smartphones. If you go to Verizon, prepare to be "**** on" again in 6 months when they release another device. New devices will keep coming out. At least we get yearly upgrades on Sprint.

If is a good thing for all of us webOS users to get more Palm devices in more peoples' hands.
    I have a company Verizon plan and have had for several years. I have had to wait for 6 months to a year for every upgrade to palm smartphones and pay a premium price for my plans. I envy the Sprint customers who have had the use of their pres while I could only watch an wish. BE HAPPY!
    Last edited by not-yet-pre; 01/18/2010 at 11:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    No, you shouldn't be mad at someone. I have a three year lease on my car, and I don't get upgrades when the newer versions of my car come out. Newer versions of the Pre don't change the qualities of the one you bought.
    best post i have read on the subject by far
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I don't think you should be made. I think you should be happy that you get free upgrade to enable video and flash, especially flash. Look at the difference between different versions of iPhone, would Apple give someone with a 3G a free upgrade to 3GS?
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Well I am not real happy either. I don't expect a an upgrade but I expect a choice to buy one if I wanted. We still have no video app, something I have been wanting. And I am a day one Pre owner also. Yeah I feel a little hurt. I put down the big bucks for Sprint and Palm when they needed the the buyers. Now they are done with me. They come out with better for new customers on another carrier, and nothing for us on Sprint. We already got you with our old product. So I feel your pain a little.
    I for one hope that VZW and Palm sell TEN MILLION Pre/Pixi Pluses (I know, probably not that likely, probably be close to 5 million ;-) ). That means we will have a much wider base of users and entice developers to develop more apps and Palm to keep the "update train" rolling!
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    What a bunch of whiners. Your contract isn't up on the phone you bought. You aren't even back up for the premier customer phone renewal yet. So quit your *****ing till then and maybe Palm and Sprint will have a newer model available around that time or shortly after.

"Now they are done with me". Drama queen much?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast