1.    #1  
    I've downloaded Internalz a while back and finally got to messing around with this pretty cool app. I was going through the "trash" files and found basically everything I deleted over the course of my <<ahem>> pre-existence.
    I have a bunch of movies that I had deleted and it still allowed me to play them even though they are in the trash bin. How are these files still playable? The pictures that have been deleted and are in the trash bin cannot be opened but my movies are still there. Do these files in the trash take up memory?

I dunno just some random thoughts. It kind of shocked me to be able to play those video files.
    Sounds like a Mac thing. PC's do not create a trash folder on Mass USB devices. You might try emptying the trash?
    Quote Originally Posted by short_round View Post
    I've downloaded Internalz a while back and finally got to messing around with this pretty cool app. I was going through the "trash" files and found basically everything I deleted over the course of my <<ahem>> pre-existence.
    I have a bunch of movies that I had deleted and it still allowed me to play them even though they are in the trash bin. How are these files still playable? The pictures that have been deleted and are in the trash bin cannot be opened but my movies are still there. Do these files in the trash take up memory?

I dunno just some random thoughts. It kind of shocked me to be able to play those video files.
    I believe you're talking about the hidden .Trash folder. I believe that's the trash bin wheere delete thing go to. Not sure it it empties periodically or if there's some user-initiated action that empties it. Though, yes, it does use up memory still.

For future reference, questions related to my software are faster-answered in the Canuck Software subforum
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    For future reference, questions related to my software are faster-answered in the Canuck Software subforum
    I don't know about that...you answered that one in only nine minutes.
    where is this .Trash folder located?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    where is this .Trash folder located?
    Its nowhere on my Pre.

I have a mac that I use sometimes for photoshop and I have noticed that when I delete files on SD cards it makes a Trash folder and does not actually delete them. I think that is what the OP is referring too.

Perhaps linux does it as well? I always use my PC to delete files on my Pre maybe thats why I dont have a trash folder?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    yeah I guess so because I can't find a .Trash folder and I've never had a problem with the internal storage not going down once I've deleted something such as music or videos.I guess it's like the equivalent of a recycle bin but on a usb mass storage device.
  8.    #8  
    the .Trashes directory is right on the first screen when you open Internalz. It's just kind of bizzare to see everything I've deleted there.

I guess this is a good place to hide your favorite pics and videos that you don't want people to see ...if that's any consolation.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I don't know about that...you answered that one in only nine minutes.
    lol he's right Jason.

BTW thanks for all your hard work on making WebOS the ultimate smartphone experience!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I believe you're talking about the hidden .Trash folder. I believe that's the trash bin wheere delete thing go to. Not sure it it empties periodically or if there's some user-initiated action that empties it. Though, yes, it does use up memory still.

im using internalz and i dont see this file anywhere on media/internal/
    It's a mac thing. You have to hook up the pre via usb, be in USB mode AND empty the Trash in Finder to erase the items.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    It's a mac thing. You have to hook up the pre via usb, be in USB mode AND empty the Trash in Finder to erase the items.
    I can access it right on the phone without being hooked up to my mac.
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    from what the OP had stated he found this using internalz. which as far as i know cant be used while in USB mode .

I can access it right on the phone without being hooked up to my mac.
    what he said
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    from what the OP had stated he found this using internalz. which as far as i know cant be used while in USB mode .

what he said

I wish Internalz had a swipe to delete function...and also the ability to select multiple files for deletion or moving. Also I can't delete whole folders...***?
    I wish Internalz had a swipe to delete function...and also the ability to select multiple files for deletion or moving. Also I can't delete whole folders...***?
    umm.. tap and hold folders and you'll be given the options, including delete. And for deleting files, just tap brings up the menu
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook