Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Alright, so my Sprint Navigation was working fine up until 3 days ago. Now everytime I open it, i get a multiple messages saying
    "An Exception Occurred. The Sprint Navigation Adapter experienced an exception: Telenav Service was not properly initialized"

and then a final message soon there after that says
    "Could not initialized the Sprint Navigation service. Please try again later."

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas? Schools starting back up in a few days and I rely on Sprint Nav to get my around the city....AHHHHH!
    are you getting a good signal.. If you are try rebooting your pre.
    First try a battery pull.. If that doesn't work, I'll PM you the link to reinstall Sprint Navigation.
    Good luck!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kytton View Post
    First try a battery pull.. If that doesn't work, I'll PM you the link to reinstall Sprint Navigation.
    Good luck!
    Can you please send me that link. I restarted and did a couple battery pulls...the messages are still popping up. I think Im going to keep trying throughout the week, especially since CA's having some really rotten week long rain and thunderstorms.
    I just think Id like the link as a last resort...Im really hoping it fixes itself lol.
    Sent. If that doesn't work, the store will probably try to reset it, so make sure you back up your pictures and music!

Good luck!
    You can just Doctor it. (If it doesn't reinstall property) If it still doesn't work it must be a network problem.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
    Alright, so my Sprint Navigation was working fine up until 3 days ago. Now everytime I open it, i get a multiple messages saying
    "An Exception Occurred. The Sprint Navigation Adapter experienced an exception: Telenav Service was not properly initialized"

and then a final message soon there after that says
    "Could not initialized the Sprint Navigation service. Please try again later."

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas? Schools starting back up in a few days and I rely on Sprint Nav to get my around the city....AHHHHH!
    I too am having this problem. Has anyone figured out a resolution? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
    I too am having this problem. Has anyone figured out a resolution? Thanks!
    I too just started experiencing this problem. I am a pretty heavy user of Sprint Nav and it has been working great since I got the Pre on June 6th, 2009.

Rebooting, battery pulls, etc do not make the error go away.

The last apps I installed before noticing the issue were "Need For Speed", "Mobile Hot Spot" and the last patch I installed was "Auto-Enable IP Forwarding in Mobile Hotspot" and "No Auto Refresh After Idle". The two Hotspot related items were installed via WebOS Quick Install which I hadn't used since installing Preware many months ago.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Hi All, I am experiencing the same initialization problem with my Navigation as well. It started 2 days ago . I tried reboot, taking out battery , everything and it still does not work. Need help...... Someone please let me know what I need to do to get it back online... Thanks.. David
    Hello Kytton, can you please send me the PM to re-install the navigation, I am getting the exception as well. Thank you and have a great week.

David
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    The link Kytton is talking about is the Sprint Nav software for the Palm Treo. It will not work on the Pre.

I ended up using WebOS doctor for the first time since I got the Pre on the day it was launched. That solved the problem.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    I Have the same problem i have tried everything battery pull, reboot and even uninstalling all patches and i am now going to run webos doctor
    Buh....so I guess the only fix is to visit the doc? I really don't want to deal with that again....lol
    i just started getting this issue today, I had for the first time ever a total hard lockup on my Pre. I had to pull the battery to get any reply in over 5 minutes. It was nasty

Now ever since then, Sprint Nav is dead with:
    The Sprint Navigation Adapter experienced an exception: Telenav Service was not properly initialized

is doctor the only fix? I REALLY don't want to doctor my phone!
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    I fixed the problem with a partial erase (for those who don't want to bother with WebOs Dr.)
    I've not had it happen since I doctor'd after it occured last time....but supposedly, you can pull the file out of the webos doctor file and install from that through Quick install to fix it.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I spent some time on the phone this morning with Sprint about this problem. They are going to escalate this issue and I am supposed to get a callback and update on this within 12 hours. I really want to avoid a clean install, but I am nearly resigned to it.

At least this (and the fact that I was unintentionally jacked around by customer service) got me a 50% credit on my next bill.

I'll update here if I learn something new from the promised Sprint feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    The link Kytton is talking about is the Sprint Nav software for the Palm Treo. It will not work on the Pre.

I ended up using WebOS doctor for the first time since I got the Pre on the day it was launched. That solved the problem.
    Correct. My coworkers and I had it work a couple times, but the link is sending us in circles now.

To fix this issue, we've been doing a partial erase. So far has fixed 5 of 5 that we've seen.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    A quick update. Sprint's escalation tech eventually contacted me, but not within 12 hours (more like 48). The guy I spoke with tried his best to be helpful, but we couldn't find any solutions. In the end, I went the WebOS Doctor route. Doing this restored Sprint Navigation to working state.

One note not directly related: It seems that Palm has recently enhanced the Backup system. The Backup seemed to restore more of my phone settings than it did the last time I had to start over. Re-installed virtually all of my apps, though I did need to remove Pandora and re-install to get it to work correctly. When I re-installed Preware it actually tried to restore all my previous patches, and while it indicated they were installed, none of them worked. I needed to remove each one manually and then re-install each. So, while still a hassle, it could have been a lot worse.
    I had the same problem. I went to Partial Erase and it reset everything including the Sprint Navigation which is working fine now. I did have to reset my profile but it re-installed all the programs and I had to reenter my passwords for Facebook and email accounts.

sc
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast