Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    My boss just got 5 phones with sprint-3 Pre's and 2 free flips(with full data package).....anyway...he was wondering if there is a way to set the spending limit on the phones to $0.....ie. so that we can't buy things like apps and charge them to the phones. Not sure if anyone here would know but figured I'd ask.The weath of knowledge around here seems large.
    Thanks
    oly8ball
    You have to enter a credit card number to buy apps and music so I think you fine, The employee would have to use a company card to have it charged to the company and if the boss man didn't approve it would be stealing.
    Confirming that the answer to this question in post #2 is correct.
    Problem solved! Seriously.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Yes. Have your boss create a sprint.com account. After he is logged in, have him click on 'Settings and Passwords' on the top toolbar. On the far right hand side, under 'Account Admin Tools' there is an option for 'Content Catalog Access'. Simply click on that, and uncheck the phone numbers. This will block access to downloads.

Hope that answers your question!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Thanks you 3...man I really love this place....thanks for the speedy response too......have a great day
    oly
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kytton View Post
    Yes. Have your boss create a sprint.com account. After he is logged in, have him click on 'Settings and Passwords' on the top toolbar. On the far right hand side, under 'Account Admin Tools' there is an option for 'Content Catalog Access'. Simply click on that, and uncheck the phone numbers. This will block access to downloads.

Hope that answers your question!
    KOOL but will that block all downloads....even free ones?
    Um. ..I would think it would block all applications, although I am not certain.

Enjoy your new Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by oly8ball View Post
    KOOL but will that block all downloads....even free ones?
    Content Catalog is the Sprint online store, not the Palm App Catalog. Two entirely different things. Sprint's 'Content Catalog' is for ringtones, calltones, etc.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup