Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have never watched a YouTube video on my Pre

I think I watched/streamed maybe 5-10 secs once or twice -- but that's as far as it goes.

I get the error:

"There was an error playing the file"

EVERYTIME.

Does anyone know why this happens ?

I have had this problem since I owned it - so it's nothing to due with patches/etc.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Sometimes I get that problem but on the most part I am able to watch YouTube on my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    I have never watched a YouTube video on my Pre

I think I watched/streamed maybe 5-10 secs once or twice -- but that's as far as it goes.

I get the error:

"There was an error playing the file"

EVERYTIME.

Does anyone know why this happens ?

I have had this problem since I owned it - so it's nothing to due with patches/etc.

Hmm that's weird. Works fine for me everytime. The only thing I am aware of that will mess with it is the MyTether patch. If it bugs you a lot, I would try to Doctor it if you haven't already before.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I get the same errors; it's extremely frustrating. No solutions here - hopefully someone gives some advice.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    ive never had a problem
    mine works everything even with mytether on
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCedSS View Post
    Sometimes I get that problem but on the most part I am able to watch YouTube on my Pre.
    You are able to STREAM no probs every time ?

do you need a good connection? I am indoors... or does that matter?

like I've never watched one video ever...

if I doctor do i lose my aps ?
    Works fine for me... Except I can never find music videos and stuff like by universalmusicgroup. My friend's blackberry's youtube can't find em either, yet when we use a computer they pop right up. It drives me crazy. Why is it like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post

if I doctor do i lose my aps ?
    Yeah you lose your apps. For any that you may have paid for though you can just download them again for free. A little bit of a hassle but worth it if using Youtube is a big thing for you.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I've been having the same issue since the last update but a full restart fixed it for the most part. YouTube used to crash my Pre once in awhile too but hasn't happened in awhile.
    For the most part, YT works pretty well for me including the ability to download videos with the patch.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I had that issue once and a reboot fixed it. Otherwise, Youtube has worked fine for me. If you doctor your Pre you will get your apps back when your Palm Profile is restored.

Any homebrew apps and patches will be lost though.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Works fine for me... Except I can never find music videos and stuff like by universalmusicgroup. My friend's blackberry's youtube can't find em either, yet when we use a computer they pop right up. It drives me crazy. Why is it like that?
    When you upload a video there is a checkbox to have the video visible outside of the website. Meaning it won't be available anywhere but on youtube.com directly...on your computer.

And, as for me, videos work fine. Had an iPhoner mention to me the other day about how clear youTube videos looked compared to his iPhone. They have a much better quality stream for the Pre.
    My play fine all the time. I download them and play them back still no problems. On the sprint network and when I use my wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketr View Post
    When you upload a video there is a checkbox to have the video visible outside of the website. Meaning it won't be available anywhere but on youtube.com directly...on your computer.
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketr View Post
    Had an iPhoner mention to me the other day about how clear youTube videos looked compared to his iPhone. They have a much better quality stream for the Pre.
    Very true! Did a side by side test (music video) and the Pre was almost perfectly clear and my friends iPhone was buggy and pixelated.. . But to be fair, the iPhone sounded better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    Additionally, I doubt it's actually the uploaders doing it. I think it's part of some agreement to allow music videos on YT. The site has to automatically go through and prevent them from being syndicated on mobile devices.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Like others, I get the error once in a while, but most of YouTube videos are ok, even long ones.
    if you are only able to see 5 to 10 seconds after buffering for a while and it gives the error then you are more than likely in 1xrtt data. 1xrtt will not stream good at all and will prompt these errors. evdo is your friend and so is wifi. if you are in wifi or evdo coverage, try a luna restart.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ftspyder View Post
    ive never had a problem
    same here !
    Pre user since summer '09...on my fourth phone.
    sometimes when i cant find certain vids i go to youtubes website and find the videos and it transfers them to the app and plays them
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast