Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    One webOS device to rule them all. Let's say it comes out this summer.

• Form: Curved portrait slider; Unconventional shape (LOVE the Pre's riverstone lines)
    • Screen: 3.5" or larger; 640x480 or more
    • CPU: Snapdragon; 1Ghz or more
    • Thickness: 0.5" or less
    • 4G... 4G!!! (self-flagellation)

Discuss. Oh, and I beg you, please keep the "Bacon cooking, holographic heads-up display/love finder" jokes to yourself. They were always dumb. Thank you.
    Just don't see that large of a screen working too well in that form factor.
    For me, the slider is not a temptation. I like buttons, actually I find the removal of the "home" button on the "first and a half" generation Pre Plus to be sad as the glowing button looks really nice and could serve multiple quick-access routes to certain functionality as with previous Palm units, in addition to the visual feedback functionality.

I was actually quite bummed to learn that the Pixi was not going to deliver the desirable form factor without taking away features I would rather not give up. Cause I was waiting for Palm to get back to the synergy of easy access, remarkable features and ease of customization.

Taking away the WLAN from the Pixi was a showstopper — for me, but the reduced screen size and resolution also down me, as did the reduced power and close to useless camera. Why couldn't the form factor difference between the Pre and the Pixi be differentiation enough ...?

This kind of adds up to a few wishes for the next generation webOS device to fit my needs and desires; A Pixi form preferably with at least one customizeable button/area, a slightly larger screen with a somewhat significantly upped resolution, and of course more omph.

Thinking of it, I guess I could trade buttons for some customizable gestures ...?!
    Looking forward to the Pre-Titan. Titanium case and slider.
    My whishlist for Pre-2:

• Auto-Focus 5MP camera
    • Compass
    • 32GB or 16GB + microSD slot
    • OLED screen
    • HTC as the ODM
    • Capacitive touch sensors for the volume and power buttons
    • Integrate long touch/press (webOS thing, not hardware)
    • Voice recognition / Voice command (webOS thing, not hardware)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    I find the removal of the "home" button on the "first and a half" generation Pre Plus to be sad as the glowing button looks really nice and could serve multiple quick-access routes to certain functionality as with previous Palm units, in addition to the visual feedback functionality.
    This same misunderstanding is all over the web. I guess most Pre owners have never used a Pixi.

The button is lost, but the light and functionality remain. It's definitely a smart choice, and a huge door-opener for future gesture functions.
    1. Improved hardware quality
    2. Better hardware quality
    3. Better antenna. Can't get signals where my Mogul did.
    4. Glass screen
    5. Improved hardware
    6. Better quality control.
    1- Speed
    2- Speed
    3- Speed

The only disadventage the Pre has over Droid and iPhone is performance
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    1. Speed (Most Important-I want my apps to open almost instantaneously)
    2. Improved Battery Life
    3. Better build quality/hardware/material
    4. Glass screen
    5. OLED display
    6. Better keyboard
    7. 16Gb minimum
    8. Visual Voice Mail
    9. Speed
    10. Am I forgetting something...More speed, fast
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    My whishlist for Pre-2:

• Auto-Focus 5MP camera
    • Compass
    • 32GB or 16GB + microSD slot
    • OLED screen
    • HTC as the ODM
    • Capacitive touch sensors for the volume and power buttons
    • Integrate long touch/press (webOS thing, not hardware)
    • Voice recognition / Voice command (webOS thing, not hardware)
    I agree we need to catch up to 3GS and Droid with hardware specs. However I definitely don't want capacitive power and volume. I need to be able to do these things in my pocket or through pants.

I'd kinda like them to get rid of the USB door, but I know it needs to be done right.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Compass and auto-focus camera are my two biggest wants and frankly if they just did that and maybe tweaked the screen to OLED I'd be a happy guy and would buy again.
    Go Blue!

it's closer than we think.....htc and palms agreement is still in effect and this is an going to be an amazing year for palm and sprint. Was just talking with sprint and was told the updated version of the pre is coming to sprint and current pre stock is being rmac'd to palm. He also stated that other new palm phones made by htc were on the way. Was told that the virtual keyboard's current limitations have been addressed. I kept asking treo pro and hd2 with webos and he he kept saying ''nda, you will be happy'' he also advised me to reseach palm phones sold in south east asia and said sprints 4g was built to support video confrencing, and ''nda on any other questions you have''.

how am I supposed to sleep now!!!!!!!!
    Palm prē-ist.
    [QUOTE=Baryn;2161733]One webOS device to rule them all. Let's say it comes out this summer.

• Form: Curved portrait slider; Unconventional shape (LOVE the Pre's riverstone lines)

Discuss. Oh, and I beg you, please keep the "Bacon cooking, holographic heads-up display/love finder" jokes to yourself. They were always dumb. Thank you. [/QUOT

i dont think we will get a snapdragon processor in the next gen. i expect the omap 4440 its capable of 1ghz
    i still wakeup everyday hoping pics n specs of the palm c40 were leaked. but i woke up to the SPRINT HTC SUPERSONIC.
    [QUOTE=Young HoV 718;2162003]
    Quote Originally Posted by Baryn View Post
    One webOS device to rule them all. Let's say it comes out this summer.

Discuss. Oh, and I beg you, please keep the "Bacon cooking, holographic heads-up display/love finder" jokes to yourself. They were always dumb. Thank you. [/QUOT

i dont think we will get a snapdragon processor in the next gen. i expect the omap 4440 its capable of 1ghz
    I agree. I see another OMAP CPU in our future. Snapdragon is just the one that's always talked about :P I'm also hoping for a bigger screen, but the problem with the slider is that it just might look a little funny, unless it was a landscape slider. But then, no more one-handed typing! Definitely hoping for 4G, more RAM, and a nicer camera(HD video support would be great)
    The first thing would have to be build quality, then an increase of speed is of need, an awesome keyboard, a slightly bigger screen would be nice too, and to top it off a nice big battery.
    My wishlist:
    • 3.7 in AMOLED screen
    • full touchscreen form factor
    • 5MP camera
    • ability to run augmented reality
    • some kind of fingerprint/smudge proof coating

I would LOVE to see a full touchscreen version of a webOS device!
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    All I need:

- 480x800 screen resolution or higher, if Palm delivers anything less, I am gone
    - 512MB of RAM or higher, should be automatic with the Pre Plus, maybe they can even do better
    - 1ghz Snapdragon or Cortex-A9, hard not seeing this happen

That's all I want. I don't need tons of storage, I don't need tons of megapixels for a camera, I don't need anything more than I listed, though I will gladly take it. But those 3 things are not unreasonable at all. If Palm can't deliver on them, they deserve to fail.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I want:

- a WVGA screen
    - 512+ MB of RAM - imagine how many apps we could run at once if they threw a whole gig in there?
    - Tegra 2 - that thing looks FAST, and the dual cores will help big time with multitasking - no more background music skipping
    - 16GB or more, 32GB could possibly replace my Zune as my primary media player
    - WiMAX would be sweet, although not really likely to be useful for me for a long, long time. Still, future-proofing is nice.

And I want multiple device form factors: the current Pre (small, compact, portrait QWERTY slider), a Pixi with parity to the Pre (basically a return to the pro-level Treo style handset), and the device I'm pining for: a big screened slate/tablet (5+ inch high-res screen, either virtual keyboard or landscape QWERTY slider). Or they could just make the device I've been begging for since webOS was announced but secretly know will never happen: a Foleo 2 built on webOS that would be a smartbook KILLER.
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    it's closer than we think.....htc and palms agreement is still in effect and this is an going to be an amazing year for palm and sprint. Was just talking with sprint and was told the updated version of the pre is coming to sprint and current pre stock is being rmac'd to palm. He also stated that other new palm phones made by htc were on the way. Was told that the virtual keyboard's current limitations have been addressed. I kept asking treo pro and hd2 with webos and he he kept saying ''nda, you will be happy'' he also advised me to reseach palm phones sold in south east asia and said sprints 4g was built to support video confrencing, and ''nda on any other questions you have''.

how am I supposed to sleep now!!!!!!!!
    Really? Really?! Are you pulling our legs or what? That would be crazy. I'm probably going to eat my words but I totally do not believe a word of that. First of all, yes, an HTC WebOS device would totally blow up and probably be and amazing Phone... But, it would surely kill Palm. This is part of the reason why Palm got in trouble the first time. Second, it goes against what Rubinstein said in the All things D interview: Palm likes to keep tight control of the software and hardware integration. Just like Apple. Third, it has the potential to cause fragmentation of WebOS just like Android. I don't think I like any of that.

Having said that, I'm sure stranger things have happened.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast