Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The button is lost, but the light and functionality remain. It's definitely a smart choice, and a huge door-opener for future gesture functions.
    Sexiness retained then. Sounds viable ... As for gestures, adding a couple of customizable strokes should make a few of us happy. For instance a large "slash" and a "backslash", both up and down (directions) would go a long way of replacing my Treo 650 buttons for basic access to things like the calendar app etc.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    ...He also stated that other new palm phones made by htc were on the way. Was told that the virtual keyboard's current limitations have been addressed.
    I don't know if I want my webOS phone made by HTC. Apparently they haven't been doing so well with Android phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC World
    Android phones from HTC and others were uninspired me-too handsets that ranked well below the iPhone and Palm Pre -- the kind of cheap wannabes we associate with Taiwanese hardware companies.
    Secondly, I won't buy a phone without a keyboard. I like almost everything about my Palm pre except for the fact that it is not built as solid as I would have hoped. I'd like to see a new phone with faster processor, higher resolution camera, more storage and memory, and next gen' AMOLED screen.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    For me, the slider is not a temptation. I like buttons, actually I find the removal of the "home" button on the "first and a half" generation Pre Plus to be sad as the glowing button looks really nice and could serve multiple quick-access routes to certain functionality as with previous Palm units, in addition to the visual feedback functionality.

I was actually quite bummed to learn that the Pixi was not going to deliver the desirable form factor without taking away features I would rather not give up. Cause I was waiting for Palm to get back to the synergy of easy access, remarkable features and ease of customization.

Taking away the WLAN from the Pixi was a showstopper for me, but the reduced screen size and resolution also down me, as did the reduced power and close to useless camera. Why couldn't the form factor difference between the Pre and the Pixi be differentiation enough ...?

This kind of adds up to a few wishes for the next generation webOS device to fit my needs and desires; A Pixi form preferably with at least one customizeable button/area, a slightly larger screen with a somewhat significantly upped resolution, and of course more omph.

Thinking of it, I guess I could trade buttons for some customizable gestures ...?!
    Me too. So many others like it, but I actually find that I like the look of the phone with the center button more than without.
  4.    #24  
    Sexiness retained then. Sounds viable ... As for gestures, adding a couple of customizable strokes should make a few of us happy. For instance a large "slash" and a "backslash", both up and down (directions) would go a long way of replacing my Treo 650 buttons for basic access to things like the calendar app etc.
    That's what the Wave is for. Slow-swipe up from the gesture bar. One-motion access to your most vital apps.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Just don't see that large of a screen working too well in that form factor.
    Imagine the Pre is made of silly putty (Silly Putty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Now, stretch it out width- and length-wise. You have a longer, wider, flatter river stone, which would accommodate a larger screen.

This would also allow for a larger keyboard, which would be awesome.
    hardware:
    - 3.5"+ OLED screen
    - better build quality (light metal? solid slider. More solid feel to it)
    - compass
    - more memory
    - more storage space (64GB+ should be standard by this summer) + micro SD slot
    - battery life (needs to be MUCH better!)
    - 5MP+ camera with autofocus
    - 4G!!!
    - Wifi N
    - FM tuner
    - FM transmitter
    - front facing video conferencing capable camera

software:

- logmein (I realize this is just an app, but its really important to me!)
    - voice commands
    - voice dialing
    - more control over synergy/contacts
    - less laggy OS (this could be processor related, but i don't care how they fix it!!!)
    - lots more free apps

accessories:
    - car vent mount with swivel and touchstone charging.

I think if it had all that it would destroy pretty much every phone out there!

(**items in italics are not super important, but would be really awesome**)
    Last edited by schnoid; 01/19/2010 at 12:29 PM.
    tegra2 or omap4 cpu scaling 1-1.5ghz
    1gb ram
    3.5amled glass display
    8megapixel autofocus camera
    3 megapixel front facing camera
    head phone analog joystick
    fm tuner
    digital compass
    4g
    wifi n
    4g
    digital compass
    1500 mah battery
    wifi mobile hotspot
    blue tooth tether file transfer
    tv out
    dtv receiver

webos 2.0
    wireless printing
    save web page
    support all music and video formats
    gpu support gui
    desktop synchronization
    customizable home screen
    customizable launcher pages
    webgl
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcolon3 View Post
    tegra2 or omap4 cpu scaling 1-1.5ghz
    1gb ram
    3.5amled glass display
    8megapixel autofocus camera
    3 megapixel front facing camera
    head phone analog joystick
    fm tuner
    digital compass
    4g
    wifi n
    4g
    digital compass
    1500 mah battery
    wifi mobile hotspot
    blue tooth tether file transfer
    tv out
    dtv receiver

webos 2.0
    wireless printing
    save web page
    support all music and video formats
    gpu support gui
    desktop synchronization
    customizable home screen
    customizable launcher pages
    webgl
    you forgot a nail clipper and bottle opener
    That's what the Wave is for. Slow-swipe up from the gesture bar. One-motion access to your most vital apps.
    Yeah. It doesn't suck, but it doesn't beat one push access in my view. I assume it first has to be turned on and unlocked before gestures can be attempted?! That's a long route compared to PalmOS behaviour with hardware buttons.
  10.    #30  
    Yeah. It doesn't suck, but it doesn't beat one push access in my view. I assume it first has to be turned on and unlocked before gestures can be attempted?! That's a long route compared to PalmOS behaviour with hardware buttons.
    The closest thing you're likely to see is a calendar app that displays on the lock screen.
    I would love to have a print option through wi-fi from my phone. Is there anything out there? I read most of my emails at home on my pre and so many times I wish I could print documents from it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12